Cornwall Football Forum

"IS IT LITTLE WONDER"

Guest Norry

:angry: NOW I HAVE HAD A FEW HOURS TO SETTLE DOWN...(BUT STILL ANNOYED) IS IT ANY WONDER WE HAVE A SHORTAGE OF REFEREE'S,OR THOSE WHO NOW THROW AWAY THE WHISTLE,AFTER THE TIRADE AND ABUSE I MYSELF GOT,AND TO A LARGE EXTENT THE TREVENSON CHAP WHO REFEREED THE FIRST HALF,GOT DURING THE SENNEN Vs TREVENSON GAME YESTERDAY,A GAME THAT SHOWED WHY WE HAVE A SHORTAGE...AS AT FIRST THE ORIGINAL REF DID NOT TURN UP(WONDER WHY??) SO WE DECIDED TO KEEP THE FIXTURE GOING WE ALLOWED FIRSTLY THE TREVENSON OFFICIAL TO REFEREE,BUT IT WENT ALL SO WRONG,FOR REASONS I SHALL KEEP TO MYSELF...THE FIXTURE WAS DIFFICULT ENOUGH,BUT THE GAME WAS OVERSHADOWED,BY LATE TACKLES,CONSTANT FOUL MOUTHED ABUSE,AS BOTH TEAMS IN THE END ENDED UP WITH A BRAWL AT THE END,IN WHICH ALL THE UGLINESS OF FOOTBALL CAME OUT.

ALLEGATIONS OF CHEATING,AND THAT IS A HARSH WORD TO USE,AS REFEREE FOR THE SECOND HALF I CONSIDER HOME AND AWAY LINESMAN AS MY EYE'S AND EARS,THEY ARE MY ASSITANTS,AND I BELIVE THEY ARE THERE TO HELP,AND CONTROL THE GAME,I BELIVE IN THEIR HONESTY,BECAUSE SHOULD THERE BE ANY CONTROVERSY BY ANY OFFICIALS THEY WILL BE FOUND OUT,AND IT COMPLETELY RUINS THE GAME,YOU WON'T WIN ANYONES FAVOUR IF YOU DO CHEAT...IT RUINS EVERYTHING.

I REFFED THE SECOND HALF,WHICH WAS NO BETTER THAN THE FIRST,BUT I WILL SAY THIS. THERE WAS A LACK OF RESPECT TO BOTH WHO TRIED TO OFFICIATE THE GAME,SO MUCH SO,THAT IN THE END I QUESTION MY DESIRE TO BE ASSOCIATED WITH THE GAME,BEING IN IT FOR SO MANY YEARS,I HAVE SEEN IT SLOWLY ERODE,TO A POINT WHERE IT'S NO LONGER FUN,AND TOO MANY TURN THEIR ATTENTIONS TO CAUSING TROUBLE,IT IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE A MAN'S GAME,THAT IS TRUE,BUT WE ALL HAVE TO GET TO WORK ON MONDAY'S,AND AFTER THIS DEBACLE,I DOUBT THAT I WILL CONTINUE..

ENOUGH WAS ENOUGH FOR ME YESTERDAY....WHEN PLAYERS LOSE RESPECT FOR OFFICIALS,THEY LOSE RESPECT FOR THEMSELVES,AND OTHERS,WHO TRY TO KEEP THIS SO CALLED BEAUTIFUL GAME ALIVE...BUT IT IS SLOWLY DYING,IF THIS IS ALLOWED TO CONTINUE.....TIME TO WAKE UP..

SAD DAY FOR FOOTBALL...P.S I DON'T FEEL ANY BETTER,BUT IT'S OFF MY CHEST. :SM_carton:

Norry and the other Trevenson person who officiated, well done, it takes a load of balls and determination to take on that sort of job at short notice and it`s not always like that some games can be very rewarding to do but others as you have found out are a right pain ( forum will not let me use cetain terminology) and the abuse we officials have to put up with can be awful. But dont let this stop your enjoyment of the beautiful game because thats what it is although some people seem to lose sight of that fact. Just as a point once you step out onto the field of play you are the referee and as such can report disciplinary problems to the CCFA exactly the same as the appointed official.

Yesturday in my match report on this forum i stated that the ref didnt have a good game only for certain reasons but i think i have a right to comment on his game as you would a player but on the pitch i never let it boil over and shout abuse at the ref.we all have a moan but at the end of the day he(or she!)has the whistle and on the pitch his word is final and thats how it should be not some of the abuse they have to suffer.at the end of the game i still went up to him and shook his hand.without the refs our games wouldnt happen simple,people need to start taking notice before we end up with hardly any refs and no one wanting to take up the whistle! :SM_carton:

Guest geoff jones

The game did not end in a brawl, it ended when some of the Sennen players refused to carry on playing because there manager, who was refereeing, disallowed a goal, making it 1-1, because the Trevenson linesman who had initially flagged for offside, realised he was wrong, so instead changed his mind, turning it into 'the ball went out of play'. Norman then gave a throwing, disallowing the goal, although, when asked, the players said that the ball was at least TWO feet in.

Norman subsequently threw his whistle away, and told everyone, they could stick it. The players were absolutely outraged by his decision on the pitch, that is why they walked off. A Sennen goal was disallowed in the first half by the Trevenson referee.

I gather some of them had already made there minds up to quit, if Norman stayed.

I am told that the language was bad throughout the game. The bad tackles were started by Trevenson.

Sennen are not angels, and retaliated.

The brawl ended with a Trevenson player being sent off for wrestling a Sennen player to the ground. He was not disciplined. The game carried on after this, until the incident.

Norman had lost the respect of many of his team, his position was irretrievable.

I was given this information by the players, I was not there. It gives a somewhat different angle to the one given by the ex-manager at the top of the page.

In six years, Sennen have been disciplined twice, once for the Lenny Stevens affair, which was caused by a player who had moved to them from Hayle, and had played 10 games. The other was when Ollie George threw his shirt at a linesmen when sent off in a cup semi-final.

They are not a dirty side and have never been accused of being one by any team they have played.

Sennen players and committee have the utmost respect for everyone concerned with amateur football.

The players are lost for words and dumbstruck by the comments made by there manager.

The game did not end in a brawl, it ended when some of the Sennen players refused to carry on playing because there manager, who was refereeing, disallowed a goal, making it 1-1, because the Trevenson linesman who had initially flagged for offside, realised he was wrong, so instead changed his mind, turning it into 'the ball went out of play'. Norman then gave a throwing, disallowing the goal, although, when asked, the players said that the ball was at least TWO feet in.

Norman subsequently threw his whistle away, and told everyone, they could stick it. The players were absolutely outraged by his decision on the pitch, that is why they walked off. A Sennen goal was disallowed in the first half by the Trevenson referee.

I gather some of them had already made there minds up to quit, if Norman stayed.

I am told that the language was bad throughout the game. The bad tackles were started by Trevenson.

The brawl ended with a Trevenson player being sent off for wrestling a Sennen player to the ground. He was not disciplined. The game carried on after this, until the incident.

Norman had lost the respect of many of his team, his position was irretrievable.

I was given this information by the players, I was not there. It gives a somewhat different angle to the one given by the ex-manager at the top of the page.

In six years, Sennen have been disciplined twice, once for the Lenny Stevens affair, which was caused by a player who had moved to them from Hayle, and had played 10 games. The other was when Ollie George threw his shirt at a linesmen when sent off in a cup semi-final.

They are not a dirty side and have never been accused of being one by any team they have played.

Sennen players and committee have the utmost respect for everyone concerned with amateur football.

The players are lost for words and dumbstruck by the comments made by there manager.

you geoff are a confounded liar,and constant trouble maker who in the end,are quite averse at turning things around,and you are very good at manipulating people....if my players lost respect for me then why did our captain apologise for the incidents during the game..at a later time,why did stebve jones ask me if i was going back to the pub which i did.....and if any one needed to say something to me they had plenty of time....so why don't you keep your nose out,,you make me sick.....but then thats probably your nature..

look at the forum...no word by me accusing my playes of being dirty,,like i said get your facts straight. when i referee i am impartial.if the so called linesman cheated then he got away with it,i treat all with the same..

yes i threw the whistle down....you would have probably done the same....but maybe not.as you would have allowed the goal to stand without talking to the linesman...right or wrong he gave the decision that the ball was out of play not me...talk to him.next time you play trevenson....maybe he will answer your question.

if my players lost respect for me because i dissalowed a goal,that so be it.i play and referee when asked to with honstey decency,so i will lose no sleep over the matter.....i wish sennen well....now lay off..

Sorry BUT are you for real?. Firstly you say the linesman gave a decision and then "changed his mind" but then go on to somehow make this Norman's fault. :wacko: ...

Then to add insult even further by admitting that you weren't even there :o . So I'm guessing your halo covered informants would in no way deflect any blame away from themselves and vilify the opposition in the process??.

Guess what? I wasn't there either but I heard that the Trevenson players were all off their faces on a cocktail of pcp and speed, and mutually agreed to fly around the pitch on unicorns before suffering with a dramatic come down and having a mass brawl to soften their fall :rolleyes:

You say that Norman had lost the respect of his team. Perhaps you'd care to share which player sat down and psychologically evaluated each player before determining this loss of respect had indeed occurred?.

Believe me, I've known Norman and many of his players for over 25 years . I therefore believe that gives me a better insight to them and their character than the insight of those that gave you their opinion based upon 90 minutes of football.

So what if Norman threw his whistle down?. ANY ref is entitled to do the same thing if situations arise that require such actions. From the way I've interpreted the opinions and views as to how this game panned out, it seems to me that the players you are defending after hearing their very one sided account of events are bloody lucky that Norman only threw the whistle down and didn't take out his frustration on those that appear to have a complete inability to respect anybody, perhaps including themselves??.

Oh, one last thing that you should think about before publicly lambasting people you were not even around to draw an opinion from. Norman IS a FULLY QUALIFIED official and has been for many years. Unlike so many officials down here, he has played the game at a good level and knows the game inside out.

Oh for the record, I am not only basing my opinion of Norman and his players upon how long I've known them, or upon the respect that they have EARNED from me. I only played against them 3 weeks ago and strangely there was (despite an appalling official being in charge) NO TROUBLE or bad feelings etc..

This is a forum for local football, it's a place for people to give and state their opinions as they feel. However, an opinion is something that you need to decide for yourself and NOT something that a team of footballers are able to give to you.

Therefore, after your public ridiculing of Norman and his players, perhaps an apology sent in their direction would not be such a bad thing in the circumstances?. :unsure:

NORMAN, I know this is a somewhat hypocritical statement after I stopped playing at the start of this season BUT please do not walk out on the game you love because of one afternoon and the opinion of a minority. You've got MUCH more to give the game and perhaps even more to get out of it.. Head up big fella because you're respected by far more people than you realise. :c: