Booters Vs Halsetown

TMS Vs Gloweth

Div 2

Tremough Two Vs Storm

Wendron Vs Penz Astro

And, of course

Mpad Vs Shortlanesend

Crowntown Vs Culdrose Star Off!

(Nancegollan wrecked from last week - very, very bumpy and drying - unplayable, Culdrose closed for the weekend on Friday.)

Div 2

Tremough Two 3 Storm 5 h/t 1-1

A good hard working performance by both teams although Tremough were reduced to ten men after fifteen minutes following a header from a corner.Outstanding full length one handed save stopped the ball crossing the line,only thing was the player who stopped the ball wasn't the goalkeeper!

Heard it was MPad Utd 5 Shortlansend 2 but i expect Monty will confirm.

Mpad 6 Shortlanesend 2

Nice to be back to winning ways

Ben 'I cant stop scoring' Manley scoring 2 Lee J 2 Mike 'I am the tap in champion' Cudlip 1 not sure of the other scorer

credit to opposition who never gave up even in the 90th minute when we had a corner they still kept 5 men up looking for an attack

Wendron 1 Penzance Astropark 8

Nice to get back to winning ways with our first win this year (ok, so it's only our 2nd game, mind ;) ), and nice to finally meet Jamie and Andy after a seemingly endless amount of phonecalls postponing games over the last 2-3 months! The pitch was a bit of a dog but just about held up for 90 minutes, but to be honest I think most of us would have played in a marsh just to get a game under our belts.

The first 10 minutes were a bit back and forth but we settled down a bit and started playing some football to take a 2-0 lead, Nashy getting his 1 for the season! Wendron deservedly pulled 1 back 5 minutes before halftime after a defensive mix-up (a recurring theme lol :wacko: ), only for Searlio to score a cracker from outside the box just before the break. Second half we pushed on and scored a couple more before a young supersub brought himself on and popped up to make it 6-1, finishing off a lovely passing move. Wendron kept on until the end and had a couple of opportunities but we scored twice more to round off a good day at the office.

Wendron's keeper was somewhat harshly sent off in the second half for a check on Luke Howes as he ran through on goal but it was in no way a violent or cynical foul. Unlucky mate, hope the fine and suspension get lost in the post ;) . The game was well contested by both teams without any malice-the way it should be, in my opinion. Thanks to the Wendron lads for the hospitality and see you over there again soon hopefully for the cup match.

Astro scorers

Corey Howes - 2

Neil Richards - 2

Paul Searle - 2

Andy Nash - 1 :o

Steve Roberts - 1

Luke Howes - 0 ;):thumbsup:

Man of the match - Neil Richards

Guest WendronSun

Wendron 1 - Penzance Astro 8

Great to finally play against the lads from Penzance, a good game, played with a great spirit! It's fair to say that we have started to play football, the way I know we can. In spells knocking the ball around with ease and a great through ball from the gaffa :rolleyes: for the Wendron goal, which was very well finished by young Dan.. One of these weeks we are going to see things click into place and we will give someone a good hiding !! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Until then!!

Jamie @ Wendron

Sunday Cup

West Cornwall 1 Tremough 2

Fair result.

The first half was very even, both sides having chances. West Cornwall took the lead only for it be cancelled out just on the stroke of half-time.

Second half, Tremough shifted up a gear and totally dominated the game. All loose balls seemed to fall to a yellow shirt, there was endless space down the wings and West Cornwall must have felt that they had to face a glass wall built on the halfway line.

Tremough took the lead and had several other serious chances that they failed to concert.

Tremough will play St Blazey in the final.

Mpad 6 Shortlanesend 2

Nice to be back to winning ways

Ben 'I cant stop scoring' Manley scoring 2 Lee J 2 Mike 'I am the tap in champion' Cudlip 1 not sure of the other scorer

credit to opposition who never gave up even in the 90th minute when we had a corner they still kept 5 men up looking for an attack

It was Chris Page who got our last goal.

Was very good to get back to winning ways. Shortlanesend kept going, as they have done in our other two encounters this season. Thought some of our passing, first half in particularly, was excellent.

The game was played in good spirit and the man in black, Lee Mitchell, had a very good game. Hope we get him again as he let the game flow.

A special mention should go to James Page for his fine goal keeping performance, especially for Shortlanesend's second goal :o

Sunday Cup

Well done to Tremough today, was a game of two halves! We (West Cornwall) started brightly playing some good football and took a deserved lead. After controlling a lot of the play we then conceeded a sloppy goal from a corner almost on the stroke of half time that really took the wind out of our sails.

The second half Tremough upped it a gear or two and we never really came back out of the changing rooms. They scored again fairly early into the second half and after that they were first to everything and generally wanted it more. We could hardly string any passes together in their half of the pitch.

2-1 definately a fair result although both sides had other chances (us in the first half coming close on 2 occasions and the same for Tremough in the second half)

Good luck in the final Tremough, bring that trophy back West!

Only sour point i would like to add was the county fa representative bursting into our changing rooms 3 minutes before kick off as i was delivering the pre match chat. Started shouting first at myself and then a few other players for wearing black under shorts. I said to him that might be the rules but there was no need to be so confrontational about it, could of knocked on the door and just said 'look lads rules are rules im gonna have to ask you to take the cycling shorts off?' but no he found it more appropriate to threaten to get half the team booked before k.o and put it in his match report!

Maybe he should add to his report that we were the 'home' side but got told to wear our away kit at the 11th hour for some reason?

Still it had no baring on the outcome of the game but i just felt i needed to get it off my chest, its just a shame to see somebody with such little to do on a sunday morning that they feel the need to cause confrontation? No consistency there either as when i asked one of the Tremough boys if they got the same treatment apparently they hadnt seen him at all!

And the CFA wonder why they get a lot of stick, its not suprising if that is how they are being represented at games!

Rant over :drink:

Guest Urban Spaceman

Only sour point i would like to add was the county fa representative bursting into our changing rooms 3 minutes before kick off as i was delivering the pre match chat. Started shouting first at myself and then a few other players for wearing black under shorts. I said to him that might be the rules but there was no need to be so confrontational about it, could of knocked on the door and just said 'look lads rules are rules im gonna have to ask you to take the cycling shorts off?' but no he found it more appropriate to threaten to get half the team booked before k.o and put it in his match report!

sounds like alan wallace

Sunday Cup

Fair result.

The first half was very even, both sides having chances. West Cornwall took the lead only for it be cancelled out just on the stroke of half-time.

Second half, Tremough shifted up a gear and totally dominated the game. All loose balls seemed to fall to a yellow shirt, there was endless space down the wings and West Cornwall must have felt that they had to face a glass wall built on the halfway line.

Tremough took the lead and had several other serious chances that they failed to concert.

Tremough will play St Blazey in the final.

I'm looking forward to playing against Tremough again. I think this is the third or fourth time i would have played against them in the final of the Sunday Cup! I'm playing for St Blazey now but have previously been on the winning side against them whilst playing for Safe Harbour and Queens Head.

This St Blazey side is as good as any sunday side i have played for before so i'm confident we can retain the cup for the East!

Anyone know where the final is being played?

Well played yesterday mate, heard it was a pretty even game. Be interesting to see if the third best team in our league can beat the best their league has to offer! It's all very well winning the Sunday Cup but when are you going to compete for trophies in our league?!! 21 points behind us in the league with little chance of catching up, dumped out of the Knock Out cup last week by us and with out a win against us (4 defeats and a draw) in 5 attempts!! That being said in 3 of those 5 games you were probably the better side on the day. Glad you knocked out St Teath (they must hate the sight of St Blazey) & hope you go on to win the final. Heard Mike was better at the back than he was up front last week!!

Guest feasey1

I must say to West Cornwall they did give us (tremough) a very good game and i wish them best of luck in the league for the rest of the season, they battled hard and in the first half they didnt let us play our football with much of our passing going astray. We put in a much more convincing performance in the second half and could possibly have scored a few more. I do believe that we didnt play as well as we could have and that we will need to find our top form again if we are to win the Sunday cup convincingly. We still have players yet to return from injury who are sure to help bolster the team. I would expect us to give St Blazey a very good game so i wouldnt get overly confident Morcs, from the tremough teams you have played in the past this side is very different. Im sure it is likely to be a very good game, one that i am hoping to be fit enough to take part in.

Following up what Jeff Stelling said, we were not approached about the colour of our under-shorts, is this likely to be problematic in the future? If so it would be helpful to know so i can let my players know they need to buy under-shorts the same colour as our kit, it seems a little silly to me, teams turn up with odd coloured socks yet get criticised for the colour of something that is very rarely on show.

I can remember way back in the early 90's a particular ref constantly picking up on the cycling short / under short issue and asking us to either remove them or hoist them up so they aren't visible. Since then no one involved in the Cornwall Sunday league has ever had an issue with it. Obviously Gordon Brittas is alive and well down your neck of the woods.

Well played yesterday mate, heard it was a pretty even game. Be interesting to see if the third best team in our league can beat the best their league has to offer! It's all very well winning the Sunday Cup but when are you going to compete for trophies in our league?!! 21 points behind us in the league with little chance of catching up, dumped out of the Knock Out cup last week by us and with out a win against us (4 defeats and a draw) in 5 attempts!! That being said in 3 of those 5 games you were probably the better side on the day. Glad you knocked out St Teath (they must hate the sight of St Blazey) & hope you go on to win the final. Heard Mike was better at the back than he was up front last week!!

Cheers Dave. It was a very even game and to be honest i would say that we played better against you guys the week before but of course we couldnt finish our dinner against Sandy.

Mike was back where he belongs in the centre of defence and Jimmy scored two crackers! I was down as the 4th penalty taker for us so i just missed out on having to take one!

Although we were disappointed to have lost last week, it may prove to be a blessing in disguise as were gonna have a good go at making up the league fixtures now. Sweeter always said that something had to be sacrificed! Still have the league game down Blaise Park to look forward to and i'm hoping our luck may change this time.

What do you mean by 3rd best team in our league? Is that because were in 3rd at the moment? Dont forget we have 6 games in hand i think it is?

Following up what Jeff Stelling said, we were not approached about the colour of our under-shorts, is this likely to be problematic in the future? If so it would be helpful to know so i can let my players know they need to buy under-shorts the same colour as our kit, it seems a little silly to me, teams turn up with odd coloured socks yet get criticised for the colour of something that is very rarely on show.

I did go and check up on this after the game and it apparently is in the rule book that you have to wear the same colour under shorts as your kit shorts...As i said it isnt neccessarily the rule that bugged me (although i could go off on a completely different rant about that!! what with half the players out there wearing different colour socks!!) but it was the way i was spoken to by a senior member of the Cornish FA that got me, I thought that the 'Respect' campaign was to be across the whole board not just on pitch attitudes from players to ref's..If they want players to show some repect then they have to realise it is a two way thing and respect is something that is earned and not taken for granted in my eyes!

The rule is quite clear. Visble undergarments have to be the same colour as the shirts/shorts.

However, we are talking of grass-roots football. The F.A. makes the rules for relatively wealthy professional clubs and somehow think that they are perfectly reasonable for all.

If Wayne Rooney wanted compression thermal undergarments, he (sorry, his agent) would ring up the top brand and they would send down a rep to measure him up for a tailor-made version. Not only wouldn't he have to pay, he would probably be paid the equivalent of a year's salary in Cornwall just to wear it. If I wanted a set, I'd be forking (careful spelling!) out £50 or £60 for each set of kit my club owns (currently 4). When I get my boots for £3 on Ebay, that doesn't make sense.

A lot of clubs haven't even got a change strip 'cause they can't afford one. Teams regularly turn out with the same colour shorts and socks as opponents - simply because they haven't a change. Clubs have mixed coloured socks, as the socks are the first to get lost ( they walk off in a player's kit). Then the F.A. insist on the rule with the undergarments so that the ref isn't confused by limbs having a flash of the wrong colour. It just doesn't compute. The rule is just not appropriate at this level. Thankfully, most referees are sensible and turn a blind eye. I suppose one answer would be for someone to design striped shorts with exactly equal amounts of each possible colour.

If your description is accurate, I'm sorry about the unpleasant approach from the CCFA rep. I've no idea who it was. There were at least four at the match. It certainly isn't acceptable for anyone to enter your dressing room without knocking - perhaps you didn't hear? Unfortunately in all walks of life we come across people who just cannot handle any status ascribed to them. It's just not worth getting upset. It really is their problem.

A lot of clubs haven't even got a change strip 'cause they can't afford one. Teams regularly turn out with the same colour shorts and socks as opponents - simply because they haven't a change. Clubs have mixed coloured socks, as the socks are the first to get lost ( they walk off in a player's kit). Then the F.A. insist on the rule with the undergarments so that the ref isn't confused by limbs having a flash of the wrong colour. It just doesn't compute. The rule is just not appropriate at this level. Thankfully, most referees are sensible and turn a blind eye. I suppose one answer would be for someone to design striped shorts with exactly equal amounts of each possible colour.

If your description is accurate, I'm sorry about the unpleasant approach from the CCFA rep. I've no idea who it was. There were at least four at the match. It certainly isn't acceptable for anyone to enter your dressing room without knocking - perhaps you didn't hear? Unfortunately in all walks of life we come across people who just cannot handle any status ascribed to them. It's just not worth getting upset. It really is their problem.

It does seem daft and another example of inconsistency, you usually will see no more than an inches worth of under short from underneath the kit shorts and this is a bookable offence, yet the fact that multi coloured socks are allowed baffles me....

To be fair the guy may of knocked but as the door was shut with 3 minutes until KO I was in the middle of my pep talk, his timing was shocking...he watched us warm up before heading back in so could of pulled me aside then and asked me to let the lads know..that would of been too easy though i guess.

Never mind, as i said it didn't change the outcome of the game so i don't want to appear like I'm coming across as a bad loser! Just certain things do trigger a reaction in me and people of authority abusing their 'power' is one of them! Maybe because we are a young side he felt like he could have a pop, i don't know...

ive just bought compression shorts (black) to aid my hamstring problems and our shorts are white.....oooooooooooooooooops!! This could get expensive. what if i say there arent enough white shorts and wear a pair of black ones instead???? Always thought it was a daft rule but rules are rules. If u have a ref who insists, please just take it on the chin for one game. I remember this rule coming in. everyone started wearing cycle shorts under there shorts, was all the rage and they were real cheap cycle shorts of all colours. was all the rage in those days. nowadays the undershorts are often fro medical reasons ans not just to try and look good so maybe there should be a little leway

sounds like alan wallace

exactly what i thought!!

ive just bought compression shorts (black) to aid my hamstring problems and our shorts are white.....oooooooooooooooooops!! This could get expensive. what if i say there arent enough white shorts and wear a pair of black ones instead???? Always thought it was a daft rule but rules are rules. If u have a ref who insists, please just take it on the chin for one game. I remember this rule coming in. everyone started wearing cycle shorts under there shorts, was all the rage and they were real cheap cycle shorts of all colours. was all the rage in those days. nowadays the undershorts are often fro medical reasons ans not just to try and look good so maybe there should be a little leway

I suppose that you have the answer here. Buy shorts to match the undergarments. The reality of football at this level is that rarely does every team member turn out with the same colour shorts. NEVER has a referee taken any action in my 40 + years playing. It just isn't realisitic. At Sunday's game, there were 2 or three players in the wrong shorts. The official didn't seem to notice that?

What a mockery it would be if the cycling shorts matched the team colours and the shorts were different. Any referees out there care to comment?

It is in the rules and as a referee we have to enforce the rules, but in my opinion and this is my opinion only, its my priority to make sure the game is played in a safe manner and also that the players respect the referees decision whatever, its sunday league football and aslong as the players where the correct colour shirts and have the correct footwear and shinpads and dont wear bling etc etc then im not going to rant and rave about different coloured under shorts(unless the whole team have different coloured undershorts), because some clubs would be lucky on a sunday to have 11 same coloured shorts. :c: COMMON SENSE SHOULD PREVAIL. :SM_carton:

Was well gutted to go out of the cup, its like no one from our side wanted it on sunday for some reason......oh well onwards and hopefully upwards!!!! Well done to Tremough though good luck in the final.

Just wondering when the draws for the other two cups take place and where the fixtures will be posted, by other two i mean the gerald sobey shield and the league cup????????????

Just wondering when the draws for the other two cups take place and where the fixtures will be posted, by other two i mean the gerald sobey shield and the league cup????????????

Cup draws were made last night. There was a whole load of committee business to sort out from the meeting and, as the dates of the cup matches haven't been decided, there's no great hurry to publish the draw.

I'll email the clubs and publish it on here in the next day or so. (maybe tonight)

Have to agree with Monty here. I think the main reason for the undershorts issue may also have something to do with advertising as well as aiding the assistant referees with offside decisions in the professional game.

If the whole team has all shirts the same colour and most of the players have the same colour shorts, which are then opposite to the other team we should just get on with the game!

Regarding the Sunday League and the affordability of second kits / new socks etc as a club we were recently asked (as were all clubs in our league) by the FA to provide detailed analysis of the the costings to put out a Sunday league side. This include balance sheets for the previous season. Our understanding was the FA firstly wanted to see clubs were organised enough to provide such account details and secondly that they had documentation of the relatively high cost of operating a team with a view to making it more affordable. We provided the information which showed it costs us nearly £1750 per annum to run our side every season. This doesn't include the factoring in of kit replacement which is done approx every 4 years. This adds on about £125 more per season. I was approached during our game v Truro GWRSA in the Sunday Cup by another team manager who asked whether we went through with the accounts preparation, he informed me that he couldn't be bothered and it seemed like a waste of time.

My point is that although we can moan about FA rules and regulations and the unseen high cost of running a Sunday Football side the FA are trying to help and sometimes it's needs co-operation from the clubs to get to where we want to be.

What do you mean by 3rd best team in our league? Is that because were in 3rd at the moment? Dont forget we have 6 games in hand i think it is?

Only joking mate, I know we may be 21 points ahead of you but St Blazey do have 6 games in hand + a home fixture against us to play at the end of season. Be great if it all hinged on that. Losing to Tregonissey and drawing 4-4 each with Foxhole hasn't helped you, these are teams you should be comfortably beating. I think there is very little between Carlyon Arms & St Blazey from a footballing perspective, we just seem to dig deeper every game even we you are clearly on top. Tregonissey are the third best team in our league though I suspect Galleon's star is rising.

Ah, i thought you must have been joking Dave!

My first game for St Blazey was 4-4 draw at home to Foxhole. I therefore didn't play in the Tregonissey defeat, which occurred when Sweeter was really struggling for players and before we got the settled squad we have now, including the old wise head that is me!

Obviously that defeat may prove to be pivitol and also that pathetic draw at home to Foxhole. God knows what happened that day but we were extremely poor. Merely 2 weeks later we went and beat the same team away 9-0 in the cup!

Galleon are definitely ones to look out for with more of the Fowey saturday side starting to play now! We face them at Squires field this sunday and i reckon it will be a tough match. That said i would still expect us to win and indeed all of our other games leading up to the Blaise Park clash of the big two!

I'm really looking forward to the Sunday Cup final though and i just hope i can continue my winning streak in the final!

I suppose that you have the answer here. Buy shorts to match the undergarments. The reality of football at this level is that rarely does every team member turn out with the same colour shorts. NEVER has a referee taken any action in my 40 + years playing. It just isn't realisitic. At Sunday's game, there were 2 or three players in the wrong shorts. The official didn't seem to notice that?

and i do play sat and sundays....different colour kits plus away strips. im going to have to buy 4 pairs of compression shorts in assorted colours. mmmmmmmm could be a market for this

Guest feasey1

I have just seen the Cornish fa website and it says the final is to be held at Blaise Park, this cant be right can it? Isnt the final supposed to be held at a mutual ground?

I have just seen the Cornish fa website and it says the final is to be held at Blaise Park, this cant be right can it? Isnt the final supposed to be held at a mutual ground?

'spect it's one of these bloody 'puters picked up the first team out of the 'at's ground as "home" team.

They'll sort it.

Probably.

Heard from Morag at the CCFA. Got it exactly right. It's they bloody 'puters.

It'll be fixed

Late news

The Cornwall Sunday Cup Final St Blazey v Tremough will be at St Dennis on Sunday 21st March K.O. 10.30