Cornwall Football Forum

plymouth argyle look doomed

Well it looks like plymouth are certain to be relegated which is a shame but its been a bad season on and off the field and putting paul mariner in charge was a bad move the man that should be there is neil warnock hes the only man that could save argyle from the drop i bet he would love to manage plymouth again with the mess hes got at his palace team at the moment all the plymouth board care about is the ground well there wont be many fans there to watch the pilgrims if they go down like myself i will be saving my money but i will be there next week to watch west brom play and certainly win . :c:

100% cornish what are you on about?

Some fan you are. If Argyle go down you wont be going. Well ill tell you youll miss more passionate local derbys with Exeter, Bristol Rovers, Yeovil etc. Lets be honest, the football at the moment is shocking and the atmosphere is worse!!

Lets hope we stuff West Brom, then we have a chance. :drink:

100% cornish seems like your typical Plymouth supporter:

Probs wears a united shirt to games

sits in devenport(there for must be an amazing fan)

boos ever game they dont win

thinks they are a bigger club then they are(ie... Warnock coming to argyle) not a chance

still lives in the friio,coughlen,wotton days!

Plymouth are never going to challenage unless they get heavy investors

every year will be a struggle

there are plenty of games left in the season!!! faith!

I have been going to watch plymouth for 45 years and no i dont wear a man utd shirt i am a pilgrims fan through and through it costs me over £40 each home match i go to and thats a lot to me seeing i am on incapacity benefit with kydney disease but i just love the atmosphere better when i used to stand by the tunnel taking photos ,its £22 to go in and that is a hell of a lot ,plymouth have got as much chance of winning against west brom as i have of winning the euro lotto but miracles do happen lol.The 2 new signings are good players but they had good players in easter and puncheon and those 2 cant stop scoring ,the money plymouth have wasted is a disgrace players like gow and mclean rubbish ,would still love to see neil warnock there instead of mariner and need more than faith need a bloody miracle and the only time i have been in the devonport end was when man utd played st ettienne at home park i have always been in the same place behind the away dug out in all weathers. :c:

Well it looks like plymouth are certain to be relegated which is a shame but its been a bad season on and off the field and putting paul mariner in charge was a bad move the man that should be there is neil warnock hes the only man that could save argyle from the drop i bet he would love to manage plymouth again with the mess hes got at his palace team at the moment all the plymouth board care about is the ground well there wont be many fans there to watch the pilgrims if they go down like myself i will be saving my money but i will be there next week to watch west brom play and certainly win . :c:

I was up for the WBA game as well and have to say Plymouth played well and were a bit unlucky to lose , they threw everything into that game. Mariner certainly has them fighting for their lives and what a win against Barnsley yesterday.

COYIKUMB :smiley20:

It was a great win against barnsley and what a goal by fallon only trouble it looks like they are still goin down at least they can rebuild and should go back up if they play like they did at barnsley dont go a lot on the goalie stockdale he makes some strange decisions larrieu is still my no1 so i am keeping everything crossed ouch that argyle could be on a roll now but you never no with plymouth :c:

should be a good game only trouble is swansea are on form at the moment but plymouth if they play like they did 2nd half vs barnsley they should win but you never no with plymouth ,i will be in my usual spot by the away dugout whatever the weather looking forward to it my son wiliam will also be up plymouth couldnt drag him to footy hes at the pavillions to watch machine head not my type music good old motown for me . :c:

hahaaha... but plymouth if they play like they did 2nd half vs barnsley they should win!!!!! reli?? hah think yr forgettin swansea are 4th and barnsley are a very average mid to bottom club!! yes they could get a result if they play aswell but think some or most argyle supporters get a bit carried away thinking they are better than they are...they are never going to be a top 6 side in the championship with leage 2 attendances and no money having to sell their best players year on year

thats why you support your team so you can live the dream.

how many people buy a lottery ticket every week hoping they will win.

the beauty is to defy the odds and punch above your weight with the hope of making the promise land.

everyone said that wimbledon would not survive and they had smaller crowds than argyle,and yes i know they

were sold down the river,but they gave a lot of clubs hope :clapper: :c:

Not a bad result against swanse even tough argyle played awful but got a good ref with the twice taken penalty still goin to be a struggle they need a decent forward just dont think fallon is up to it he misses so many chances maybe next season they will have got 1 ,the crowd not very impressive i bet if a top team was to play at home park all the so called fans would come out of the woodwork and say they have been coming there for years which is crap .Well done to newquay in beating calington 5_2 now for mousehole but get my ticket now. :c:

I was at Home Park last night an watched the game after handing out several questionnaires to the Argyle fans. Many of the fans that i spoke to were writing Argyles chances off way before kick-off and i was expecting a 4th place swansea to walk over Argyle.

In the 1st half sawnsea had a few chances that David Stockdale was equal too, and he had a good game. But i disagree with you 100%Cornish, i didnt really see any chances that Fallon had. Ok for a striker to not have any chances in a game is not good enough, but Argyle constantly played the long ball to Fallon who won more than he lost, but Jamie MAckie didnt have a clue whether to run in behind or look for the knock-down. So i thought he was the problem up front rather than Fallon.

Second half was very sloppy, and again swansea didnt really have very many chancesbut took the lead with a good finish and the keeper didnt have much of a chance, after that the game was pretty poor, but argyle had the better. However the only time they looked like scoring was from a long throw.

When they play against the teams in and around them they will have to have much more penetration and ideas up front.

Fingers crossed the will pull themselves out of the troubles

Argyle played better once fallon was replaced.it was so frustrating last night every time they got the ball it was lumped up to fallons head swansea had 3 defenders around him and made it very difficult,but mackie was not close enough for the knock downs and no one else came up to support them so the pressure was straight back on our defence :wacko: once fallon went off the ball was worked around more and Argyle had more pressure on the swans goal. :clapper: we need to change tactics quicker if we are to survive and cannot just keep with something that is obviously not working.having said that swansea did not look that much better than us and they are on a good run and in 4th place so things are improving and that is 4 points from two games.onto saturday and build on the two results its the only way we will get out of trouble which i believe we will because all we have to do is cut out the silly mistakes and the confidence will come back and we will start to get the rub of the green :clapper::c::drink:

green and white barmy army :yahoo:

I watch fallon every game and my opinion is hes not got it as a centre forward if only tommy tynan or paul mariner where younger but we got to put up with fallon who will never be a 20 goal a season striker plymouth need a proven striker how about lee hughes of notts county i dont like the bloke cause of what he did when he had that car crash and killed some1 but he did his time and is a good striker in the summer argyle need a good shake up where has all the money gone they made enough on players being sold how about getting connoly and ebanks blake back on loan they cant get in there teams .mackie works his socks off but if derby want him sell him and get a goalscorer ,come on all you so called supporters get to home park and cheer them on . :c:

• 2 months later...

I watch fallon every game and my opinion is hes not got it as a centre forward if only tommy tynan or paul mariner where younger but we got to put up with fallon who will never be a 20 goal a season striker plymouth need a proven striker how about lee hughes of notts county i dont like the bloke cause of what he did when he had that car crash and killed some1 but he did his time and is a good striker in the summer argyle need a good shake up where has all the money gone they made enough on players being sold how about getting connoly and ebanks blake back on loan they cant get in there teams .mackie works his socks off but if derby want him sell him and get a goalscorer ,come on all you so called supporters get to home park and cheer them on . :c:

Well plymouth are down it would of been nice to say they played well against newcastle but they didnt they where very poor not 1 player had a decent game but newcastle where outstanding,they have a player in the alan mould in andy carroll a england centre forward in the future also bad boy joey barton what a player .I would like to say the necastle fans where amazing support to there team a real credit.I wish mariner had stayed in america he just hasnt got it as a manager his signings are all bad even mackie had a poor game.And what a night i had to get to the game i got the train from newquay with my son but getting home a nightmare was goin to get the mega bus at 10 30 but never turned up so we are stuck in plymouth my son then phoned his girlfriend in st austell who drove up and we got back to newquay just after 1am what a disaster .I hope the 1st signing plymouth make is paul wotton hes getting on a bit but is a true fighter and gives 100% every game unlike this mob thats there now .WELL DONE NEWCASTLE TRUE CHAMPIONS

Yes Argyle are down and the gulf in class between the Pilgrims and Newcastle was clearly evident last night.

Don't forget several of that side have premiership experience ( and the wages to match ) so it was to be expected.

Remember Mariners only been there a few months ! Now through the summer he can look for new players and hopefully mould the new additions into a successful team.

Paul Wotton is certainly not the answer. Good in his time but that time is past

Finding a twenty goal a season centre forward is a task that proves beyond most managers.Thats why they get paid so much.Not sure if Carrolls a future England centre forward.Bit rough and ready to me.Next season may tell.

Sorry to hear about your travelling misfortunes.Still thats public transport for you !

Paul Wotton = Dog sh*t im afraid to say! i completely agree with what ST Darren said!

They need a good goal scoring striker the likes of Jermaine Easter, played poorly for argyle but in this division he is a proven scorer and could do a job! mariners points to game ratio would have kept argyle up i believe if he had been there at the start of the season, sadly i think the board made the mistake in appointing Sturruck again, altho the man should still be seen as a hero for what he has done to Plymouth argyle!

Paul Wotton = Dog sh*t im afraid to say! i completely agree with what ST Darren said!

They need a good goal scoring striker the likes of Jermaine Easter, played poorly for argyle but in this division he is a proven scorer and could do a job! mariners points to game ratio would have kept argyle up i believe if he had been there at the start of the season, sadly i think the board made the mistake in appointing Sturruck again, altho the man should still be seen as a hero for what he has done to Plymouth argyle!

Paul wotton is not dog s--t hes just the sort of player plymouth want in this divison he is a battler and the goalscorer i would like to see there is notts county striker lee hughes jermaine easter is a good player and he should never of gone but he wanted to go due to his wife or girlfriend not settling here its goin to be 1 long struggle and i wont happen with mariner in charge.

100% Cornish-

What I have just read is the reason that Plymouth are down. Fans like yourselves (our majority unfortunately) have no ambition and live in the past.

Paul Wotton - Squad member at Southampton, hardly a regular. How would that beat our current midfield of FA Cup Finalist Carl Fletcher and Premiership player Damian Johnson, who is still held is very high regard by most Birmingham City fans.

Down in January (ref: Post made 31st January) - It's "fans" (and I use the term very lightly) that have not supported the team when they most need us. We've had the glory days over the past decade and they were great, but it's all to easy to support a team who does well. The ground would be packed with locals wanting to watch a team doing well. This season we've been lucky to achieve 12,000 on most games.

Monday Night vs Newcastle - The team played well in most cases and how we didn't score is beyond many neutrals who watched the game live on TV (By the sounds of you, I'm surprised you went on Monday as you sound like the kind of person who would rather watch on TV rather than put revenue back into your club). Newcastle deserved their win, but for a poor judgement on our back post for the first goal or that touch of class from Routledge, who's to say that we could not have snatched a narrow lead at the break. We did have 2 very good chances within 3 minutes!

Paul Mariner - He is an unknown in his managerial career but how can you say that it's his fault we have been relegated. Bar Watford away (which I travelled to and can honestly say was the worst Argyle performance I have ever seen) we have been showing signs of becoming a good footballing side. Mariner was fairly successful in the January transfer market with the fact that we had a transfer embargo placed upon us for the best part of the window. The reason the club has been relegated is poor decision making in the transfer market over the past 2 years. We were top of the Championship under Holloway and were even dabbling within the playoffs to the promised land of the Premiership until Holloway departed with unrest between himself and the board who overrided his position to sell our players to fund a bid for the stadium ownership. We replaced these players with players who are not good enough. We were relegated because or footballing ability was not good enough to compete in the Championship.

David Stockdale/Romain Larrieu - On the Argyle fans forums this has been a major topic of discussion for months. My personal opinion, being a goalkeeper myself, is that David Stockdale is the better goalkeeper by far. He has made mistakes, young goalkeepers naturally do. It is all a part of a goalkeepers learning curve to turn them into the species that they are. If a striker misses a shot, goal kick. Goalkeeper lets a ball through his hands, 95% of the time it's a goal. Romain Larrieu has been a great servant for the club and I hope that now Stockdale has returned to Fulham from his loan spell, Larrieu rediscovers his fine form that helped the club get to the Championship. I thought he was an all round fine goalkeeper. However this is again why Argyle are where we are now, living in the past. Larrieu has been poor for a few seasons and the main problem is his confidence in my opinion. His lack of wanting to claim any crosses makes the defences job very hard, and his kicking at the high trajectory is very easy for a defender to win in comparison to a lower kick which the striker would be able to control easier.

Overall my point is that we are where we are now through lack of ambition and telling people about where we have been. We all need to group together, sing our hearts out no matter what result, which league or who is in charge and we can come out of the other side fighting!

GREEN ARMY!!!

100% Cornish-

What I have just read is the reason that Plymouth are down. Fans like yourselves (our majority unfortunately) have no ambition and live in the past.

Paul Wotton - Squad member at Southampton, hardly a regular. How would that beat our current midfield of FA Cup Finalist Carl Fletcher and Premiership player Damian Johnson, who is still held is very high regard by most Birmingham City fans.

Down in January (ref: Post made 31st January) - It's "fans" (and I use the term very lightly) that have not supported the team when they most need us. We've had the glory days over the past decade and they were great, but it's all to easy to support a team who does well. The ground would be packed with locals wanting to watch a team doing well. This season we've been lucky to achieve 12,000 on most games.

Monday Night vs Newcastle - The team played well in most cases and how we didn't score is beyond many neutrals who watched the game live on TV (By the sounds of you, I'm surprised you went on Monday as you sound like the kind of person who would rather watch on TV rather than put revenue back into your club). Newcastle deserved their win, but for a poor judgement on our back post for the first goal or that touch of class from Routledge, who's to say that we could not have snatched a narrow lead at the break. We did have 2 very good chances within 3 minutes!

Paul Mariner - He is an unknown in his managerial career but how can you say that it's his fault we have been relegated. Bar Watford away (which I travelled to and can honestly say was the worst Argyle performance I have ever seen) we have been showing signs of becoming a good footballing side. Mariner was fairly successful in the January transfer market with the fact that we had a transfer embargo placed upon us for the best part of the window. The reason the club has been relegated is poor decision making in the transfer market over the past 2 years. We were top of the Championship under Holloway and were even dabbling within the playoffs to the promised land of the Premiership until Holloway departed with unrest between himself and the board who overrided his position to sell our players to fund a bid for the stadium ownership. We replaced these players with players who are not good enough. We were relegated because or footballing ability was not good enough to compete in the Championship.

David Stockdale/Romain Larrieu - On the Argyle fans forums this has been a major topic of discussion for months. My personal opinion, being a goalkeeper myself, is that David Stockdale is the better goalkeeper by far. He has made mistakes, young goalkeepers naturally do. It is all a part of a goalkeepers learning curve to turn them into the species that they are. If a striker misses a shot, goal kick. Goalkeeper lets a ball through his hands, 95% of the time it's a goal. Romain Larrieu has been a great servant for the club and I hope that now Stockdale has returned to Fulham from his loan spell, Larrieu rediscovers his fine form that helped the club get to the Championship. I thought he was an all round fine goalkeeper. However this is again why Argyle are where we are now, living in the past. Larrieu has been poor for a few seasons and the main problem is his confidence in my opinion. His lack of wanting to claim any crosses makes the defences job very hard, and his kicking at the high trajectory is very easy for a defender to win in comparison to a lower kick which the striker would be able to control easier.

Overall my point is that we are where we are now through lack of ambition and telling people about where we have been. We all need to group together, sing our hearts out no matter what result, which league or who is in charge and we can come out of the other side fighting!

GREEN ARMY!!!

100% Cornish-

GREEN ARMY!!!

Well i will try and reply again my last message was not put up well jasa im not a tv fan of argyle i have been going over 40 years i went to every match home and away for 10 years you are talking through your ass jasa mariner is a poor manager stockdale bloody awful paul wotton would be good to help the younger players hes a leader on the pitch and thats what the team need as well as a goal scorer i would love to see lee hughes hes getting on but he knows where the goal is unlike fallon ,i bet mariner wont be there the start of next season i would love to see warnock there but no chance now mb curbishley .All the board care about is the ground and sod the fans .And jasa you must of watched a different match than me mon night vs newcastle there was only 1 team in it and it wasnt argyle the fans around me where singing you dont no what your doing to mariner he didnt and jasa i have been in the same spot by the away dug out for 40 years so if you want to drop over there next season i will be there taking photos as usual and i will be getting my season ticket again for the 41st year ,and jasa i should wath you behind tmsn9 seems to like you lol .right jasa off to watch mod you have a good summer and hopefully argyle will be at truro again with lots new signings and the shower they got now gone especially fallon who couldnt score in a brothel .

That is some of the biggest load of crap I have ever read.

I would like to see Mourinho in charge, Messi behind the front 2, Ronaldo on a wing.... but you can't get what you want. The difference with my players and management being that mine would actually make the club better. Yours? Well League One would be perfect!!

Have you not noticed that on this whole thread you are the inferior and that nobody agrees with you.

TMS No9 is a mate of mine. So what?

40 years? You must be proud. But to complain and moan about the club so much. Why do you support them? You clearly haven't the foggiest about football at all.

Paul Wotton has been in League 1 for 3 years. No interest from any championship clubs. What does that tell you?

Larrieu? How many Premiership appearances? Europa League? He's got 10 years on Stockdale and should be in his prime.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/8202243.stm I'm can't locate the clip but an example of why he has been on terrible form.

Nobody chants where you sit. I bet you won't be there next season. 1, because you said you wouldn't go if Argyle went down. The main reason, if you were a fan that is, you would know that where you sit is being closed next season. Only the upper Grandstand and 3 new ones. Good effort though.

Also we had season tickets at argyle together for many a years!

Your dreaming again 100% cornish why the flying F**k would Curbishly come to plymouth Argyle! Plymouth would not be able to afford Lee Hughes wages!

Give me a shout when you have come back from dreamland!

That is some of the biggest load of crap I have ever read.

I would like to see Mourinho in charge, Messi behind the front 2, Ronaldo on a wing.... but you can't get what you want. The difference with my players and management being that mine would actually make the club better. Yours? Well League One would be perfect!!

Have you not noticed that on this whole thread you are the inferior and that nobody agrees with you.

TMS No9 is a mate of mine. So what?

40 years? You must be proud. But to complain and moan about the club so much. Why do you support them? You clearly haven't the foggiest about football at all.

Paul Wotton has been in League 1 for 3 years. No interest from any championship clubs. What does that tell you?

Larrieu? How many Premiership appearances? Europa League? He's got 10 years on Stockdale and should be in his prime.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/8202243.stm I'm can't locate the clip but an example of why he has been on terrible form.

Nobody chants where you sit. I bet you won't be there next season. 1, because you said you wouldn't go if Argyle went down. The main reason, if you were a fan that is, you would know that where you sit is being closed next season. Only the upper Grandstand and 3 new ones. Good effort though.

Well here goes again im replying to jasa and his good friend tmsno9 i will be there next season in the triangle corner and the fans around me where giving mariner some stick last week especially a blonde women who is always there i can complain as much as ilike especially with the crap they have been playing this season i have seen crowds of 38,000 up at home park, to see pele play and i have seen man utd vs st etienne there as well i have seen the best goalie plymouth has ever had save a penalty from terry venables in the last minute of the cup game yes i think i no a lot more than you about argyle i used to also go up and when they had a 2nd team in the combination league vs teams like arsenal spurs chelsea best 1 i ever saw was when crystal palace reserves played there and clive alen was playing he had scored 6 goals against argyle this day and none of these goals counted the match was called off due to fog i am obsessed with argyle i have over 100 photo albums full of matches i have seen untill the stewards stopped me taking photos and removed my film ,We have a goalie playing for newquay called ryan barnes and i can see him playing for argyle in the future so watch out for his name. I would like to see lee hughes there but he may cost but the board all they care about is the ground and sod us supporters ,stockdale has cost the club at least 9 points with his mistakes that may of kept the club up,i dont thik mariner will be there next season i dont no who will be there someone with a bit more discippline to sort the team out mariner was 1 hell of a player i watched every game he played in with billy rafferty they where telpathic the best ever.I will end now so i will say have a good summer you and tmsno9 together i expect because he agrees with whatever you say i will be over in the far corner paying £20 a match but i will be geting ny season ticket for the 41st year sitting in the wet and cold i think i will put myself forward for fan of the year i get a bus every match at 10 in the morning and get back at 8 30 pm thats what i have done for years but love it dont know for how much longer i have a serious kydney condition but will still be there x to tms no9 lol

You've been to all those things, but you still don't have a clue about football. I'm not trusting any of your goalkeeping judgements, you seem clueless.

The lot you sit with have been there for years. Exactly my point. Get over it. Move on. You can tell your stories as much as you like, because that's all the sense you seem to have.

p.s. I'm 21 years old so I haven't been to as many games obviously as you, but since when does that mean anything. I'm still going in League One, I was still chanting away after we'd been told we were relegated. I've never left any game before the final whistle. I support my team through thick and thin. Yes we've seen a shower of shite some games, but we have shown signs of being a good side.

How about you look at the positives and get behind the team to get us back to the Championship, forget this season, don't blame the manager (as I've shown you in a previous link you are vastly in your minority with getting him sacked) and show the club how true we are to them by no matter what happens, being there and SUPPORTING the team when it's most needed us (in recent history, before you go off on your tangent of living in the past again!)

Mornin jasa i also stay till the very end of every match and always cheer both team off i did this against newcastle and i no newcastle won but the atmoshere at the end was amazing,i havnt seen the pitch covered in people like that for years i remember being on the pitch after we had baeten bristol city that was some night hopefully that will come back next season .I will try and stop goin on about mariner hes a lovely bloke i ave met him several times and have a large autographed picture with him before he was transferred to ipswich we also got 2 players as well for him austin and peddelty who where both crap.You say you dont trust my judgment on goalies look in the sun independant each week you will see ryan barnes is mom most weeks Lookin forward to the pre season games wouldnt mind goin to austria again wish i had been there to of seen argyle when they played the mighty real madrid and only lost 1-0 .Anyway jasa go to get on got to go hospital to see my kydney specialist byeeeeeeeeee for now

Just looked at the peninsula 1 west league table. Newquay have conceded 62 in 30 games and you say the keeper is future Argyle.

Which league are predicting Argyle to be in? Certainly not a good one.

Not all goals are keepers faults. Far from it, but for a top 5 side that's awful. That's only 10 more than second bottom Truro, who in recent games have been hammered.

Just looked at the peninsula 1 west league table. Newquay have conceded 62 in 30 games and you say the keeper is future Argyle.

Which league are predicting Argyle to be in? Certainly not a good one.

Not all goals are keepers faults. Far from it, but for a top 5 side that's awful. That's only 10 more than second bottom Truro, who in recent games have been hammered.

Hiya jasa if you can read this summer a lot of clubs will be looking at young ryan barnes and he has not been in the first team very long but i must admit theres a lot of problems goin on at newquay at the moment and i can see the manager jim hilton being replaced before long i heard a rumour ex rebublic of ireland international chris morris may be in the running if hilton goes you still think mariner should still be manager after that pityful display against peterboro , anyway i will let you get back to havin a go at 86 year old ladies who was parked behind the goal at wendron shes someone else you can have a go at but i do agree if she had 2 small strokes what the hell was she doing at a footy match good job she didnt watch newquay or argyle because she wouldnt be here today ,If newquay play so badly like i heard they played against penryn st austell will have a easy match in the charity cup final why not come along to st blazey and see what you think of young barnes hes only 17 but he is good very good so you must be wendrons goalie i will send my friend anita around to see you lol

Hiya jasa if you can read this summer a lot of clubs will be looking at young ryan barnes and he has not been in the first team very long but i must admit theres a lot of problems goin on at newquay at the moment and i can see the manager jim hilton being replaced before long i heard a rumour ex rebublic of ireland international chris morris may be in the running if hilton goes you still think mariner should still be manager after that pityful display against peterboro , anyway i will let you get back to havin a go at 86 year old ladies who was parked behind the goal at wendron shes someone else you can have a go at but i do agree if she had 2 small strokes what the hell was she doing at a footy match good job she didnt watch newquay or argyle because she wouldnt be here today ,If newquay play so badly like i heard they played against penryn st austell will have a easy match in the charity cup final why not come along to st blazey and see what you think of young barnes hes only 17 but he is good very good so you must be wendrons goalie i will send my friend anita around to see you lol

You do sound like your typical bully but picking on a 86 year old women thats a bloody disgrace and you should be ashamed of yourself but most of the things you write is crap i expect you are full of it ,you should make a apology to this women because you have dragged your club through the dirt ,to be honest i havnt got a clue where wendron is ,and how well are you doing in the league .You want to go and send her some flowers for a apology or box of choclates soft centres if shes 86.