Cornwall Football Forum

Mr. Graham Drew - Chairman of Newquay A.F.C.

Guest RedDel

It is with great sadness that I have to inform you of the death of Mr. Graham Drew, Chairman of Newquay AFC. Graham passed away this afternoon at Treliske Hospital after a sudden illness. Everyone at the club would like to extend our deepest sympathy and condolences to Rosie and the Family.

Derek Cherry

Secretary, Newquay AFC

Guest s.middleton

extemely sad day for all involved with newquay football club and many others who knew him great man with a honest view on football and many other topics, will miss his genuine support he had for the players and the club, very tough year for this fantastic club with losing instrumental people condolences to the family thanks Graham from all the players

I have to say I couldn't believe the text when I received notice of this sad shocking news earlier in the evening.

Graham was yet another hard working person around his football club that will be sorely be missed and so I must give my deepest sympathy and condolences to both Graham's family as well as Newquay AFC.

His contributions will also be greatly missed on this Forum.

Dave Deacon

Bloody Hell. Cant believe it. I was only talking to him a few weeks ago. Had a long chat with him when we played over Wadebridge recently. He was reporting that afternoon. Always around the local football scene and at Blaize Park many a time for a yap.

A really good bloke. :(

Just cant believe this.

Ive had the pleasure of meeting some fantastic people in football, and without doubt Graham was one of the finest. Always made time to chat no matter where or what the circumstances were and I for one will sincerely miss our conversations. A huge loss to Newquay FC and to sport as a whole and my thoughts are with his nearest and dearest. You will be sorely missed Graham.

Bloody Hell. Cant believe it. I was only talking to him a few weeks ago. Had a long chat with him when we played over Wadebridge recently. He was reporting that afternoon. Always around the local football scene and at Blaize Park many a time for a yap.

A really good bloke. :(

I met him for the first and only time last month at Wadebridge. Yet another loss to local football, but much more so to those who knew and loved him.

Deepest condolences.

Heard the news yesterday after our game. An extremely sad day for Newquay football club, cornwall cricket, newquay lions to name a few but sincere condolences must go out to Grahams's friends and family.

He will be sorely missed up the club and to be honest, irreplaceable .

RIP Gadge

Guest Atlantic FM Chris

I just want to add my condolences

Like many I am still in shock and deeply saddened by this news.

Graham was a great man and a good friend and it was a pleasure to work with him.

I owe him so many thanks.

He will be greatly missed

Chris

Stunned at this moment -what a sad loss to Newquay and the Cornish football family.

I will miss his terrace chat, the last of which just before Christmas and of course his sensible postings

and banter on our own forum.

A man with a great knowledge football/cricket nationally and locally.

condolences to his family.

I echo the sentiments of all that have posted a true gent who loved his football and cricket and never had a bad word for anyone. A sad loss especially coming so soon after brian biggins my condolences to his family and Newquay AFC and i'm sure i speak for everyone at Perranporth AFC.

I got to know Graham when we were both reporting for BBC Radio Cornwall and indeed Graham was more than instrumental in helping me to join Atlantic FM for which I will always be grateful following our ` retirement` from BBC Radio Cornwall. I often spoke to Graham about football in Cornwall and was always ready to listen to his advice about things `down West`although inevitably we ended up chatting more often than not about his beloved Newquay FC. Dave Deacon text me this news yesterday afternoon after returning home from the Liskeard Athletic v St Austell game and Chris Lawrence of Atlantic FM was going to inform me but like me, was having difficulty coming to terms with this sad news. Graham Drew was one of the World's nice guys and will be sorely missed by everyone who had the pleasure of knowing him and by everyone involved with Cornish football. I know for sure that Atlantic FM will miss his Saturday afternoon reports and I know I will miss him personally. He was a good friend. RIP Graham.

I heard yesterday after our match at Wiltshire and was shocked to the core.

Graham kindly gave up his time for me and my Sports Diploma students last year coming in and giving a talk about how a football club runs. He spoke with great passion and the students gained invaluable information thanks to him.

He was waiting from a call from me to do the same again soon...sadly that's no longer possible.

My condolences to his family and all at Newquay FC.

Totally shocked when I heard. Was only talking to him last week about youth football at Newquay.A lovely genuine man whom I will always hold in great esteem and he will be greatly missed by all. Best wishes to all Grahams family from Winno and family and all at St Day Football club. :c:

This is very sad news for Grahams family and Newquay football club. Many a person has had the pleasure of meeting Graham and knowing one of lifes nice guys, I am glad I am one of those.

You are going to be missed.

My thoughts like many others goes to Rosie and the family.

I am so shocked to to hear of the death of graham i live in newquay and have seen graham many a times at mt wise i have been to my lovely mums funeral today she had a stroke at xmas and died on the 14th she was 84 and was 1 in a million she used to go and watch newquay with my dad but now they have both gone all the nice people are dying and the nasty ones stay alive it wont be the same without graham and brian at mt wise lets hope they meet up again in another life god bless my mum and graham. :c: