Cornwall Football Forum

The End for Truro City

people are entitled to there opinions. i expect some are jealous and some or most of the rest who dont particularly like Truro or arent bothered about them are that way inclined because they play for other cornish clubs. I dont see Truro as any different to the side i play for or any other club. I play to win and if we dont i enjoy football. I dont often look for the Truro score but do notice it now and again the same as i do any other cornish side. why should people support Truro when they have there own clubs to play for? Good luck to Truro but unless they get to a good professional level i dont think that people are going to be that bothered. i actually think its a shame that they havnt got a team in junior football now. They had a v good young side in fal/hel div 1. A team like that keeps the link to cornish football and people taking an interest, grass roots. Im not bothered either way about Truro but good luck in your ambitions

thats fine if you dont want truro to do well ,its just that ctb and a couple others that just cant wait for us to lose etc, i dont expect for them to jump for joy,but if as they say they dont care then keep shut,and stop making things up. :drink:

These few bitter anti Truro people do make me smile. Just wait, once TCFC get back on the rails, and eventually make it into the Football League - these people will soon change their tune and bask in the reflected glory.

Truro City are a credit to Cornwall and Cornish football. These no-marks who keep sniping and criticising are just sad and somewhat pathetic. They're not worth bothering about.

These few bitter anti Truro people do make me smile. Just wait, once TCFC get back on the rails, and eventually make it into the Football League - these people will soon change their tune and bask in the reflected glory.

These no-marks who keep sniping and criticising are just sad and somewhat pathetic. They're not worth bothering about.

I know that post wasnt aimed at me as im not fussed either way as ive already said. not anything to do with this arguement really but just all makes fun reading.

Was just wondering when you say that when Truro get into the football league these people will be basking in the glory are you saying that all the people who support Truro now loved them just as much when they were in the comparitively lower leagues?? I wouldnt think so, only a very select few of which you maybe one and when you say those people arent worth bothering about then why are you biting?? dont stop though cause its quite fun reading. Oh by the way....the clubs at the bottom of the cornich footballing ladder struggling week in week out and all the people(not many) running the clubs are also a credit to cornish football. without them there wouldnt be cornish football. Good luck Truro what ever happens. Ill duck out of this debate now i think

Some very good postings here on this thread... and some really crap ones also!

Personally I like retiredfornow's.

I have a theory regarding the defenders of the Truro City faith : just think they do protest too much sometimes, not often but sometimes. Very few here actually wish City real harm - I'm not one of them - but I am a realist. City, may never achieve League status but if they do; dont; expect it it in the next five years, even ten may be too much of a challenge. It is just not going to happen! If, or when it does; I won't go rushing down to watch their first match but I will say: well done. I won't bask in some distant glory like some here do but will give credit where it is due. So far City have recieved credit for their due but many on here seem to make out the club is the best thing since sliced bread. It isn't, it might be but so far it hasn't happened.

The team have been promoted a few times but that's the aim of any club at any level, they won the FA Vase but that's the aim of any club at the level they play.

One last point: Promotion this season is definately out of the question. So live with it and stop whining. It's just so bloody boring.

Promotion this season is definately out of the question

A little early at the moment I would say for such a bold statement. A top five finish will earn them a play-off place and should it be achieved, well after that, it's anyone's guess who goes up!

What I would also add, they still have a far better chance of promotion this season than most clubs have of winning anything! :D

Having games in hand isn't always a good thing. Points on the board are what matters. When a team is winning it wants to keep playing, when a team is losing it usually needs a break to regroup. Let's hope the heirarchy come up with some good regrouping plans as City are losing rather regularly to achieve another promotion this season. Sorry, no chance in my opinion. I wish them luck though.

Another thing to consider: City have let in seven goals in a game and a five if I remember correctly. They are not going to be promoted on those kind of results.

So this is ,THE END.

The writing is on the wall.

You so called football know alls on here who think you know everything.

Im afraid you know Jack S---.

Great new Manager has been appointed.

This is a new dawn.

4-5 new players coming in January,to push towards the Play-Offs.

Mr Heaney is certainly showing his intentions for the Club.

Will be quiet on here,while the Anti Truro Brigade try to find some more crap to throw about.

:c::c::c::c: :c:

as some one who wishes truro well and have stated this on here before i feel you enjoy the antagonism somerserspurs you keep coming on here to stir things up even when nothing has been said.if you do not like what these people are saying then just shut up and they will stop.

first rule of the wind up the more you bite the more they will stir.or do you enjoy the banter!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wacko:

The main problem with football in Cornwall is apart from Truro City all the clubs in the county are nothing more than pub teams. That is a disgraceful state of affairs for a part of the country with half a million population.

OK so we are regarded as a Rugby county but if there can exist 3 National league rugby clubs in the county then surely we deserve more than pub standard football as well.

This is the end for Truro.

The end of the recent bad spell. New year, new manager and a renewed push for promotion. The only thing missing is the support of the WHOLE of Cornwall, Whether you have a problem with Kevin Heaney or are jealous of the money Truro have this could be the only chance to highlight football in Cornwall. Get behind the players who week after week play their hearts out for the club, you don't have to go and watch them, just stop the snide comments and be happy for those who have seen them rise from the bad times.

This is the end for Truro.

The end of the recent bad spell. New year, new manager and a renewed push for promotion. The only thing missing is the support of the WHOLE of Cornwall, Whether you have a problem with Kevin Heaney or are jealous of the money Truro have this could be the only chance to highlight football in Cornwall. Get behind the players who week after week play their hearts out for the club, you don't have to go and watch them, just stop the snide comments and be happy for those who have seen them rise from the bad times.

I would imagine that they play for the money rather than the love of the club or the supporters. I have no doubt that somewhere, 'The Judge' is almost certainly having a good old laugh at some of the comments made on this thread.

Not that I need to explain my life history.

But just to let some people know.

I was born in Truro,56 years ago,and watched several decades of football at Treyew Rd.

Now a Truro Exile living in Taunton,attending away games mainly but do go home games when visiting family.

So,despite the gloom mongers on here.

Im excited about the future.

This is a new dawn.

pity the money used for these apointments was not paid to the local companys still owed 1000,s, then perhaps more people would get behind the club, and would wish them well on the climb up the leagues.

i don't think many people have any problem with truro as a club it's just the way in which heaney conducts himself, i for 1 will never pay to watch truro whilst money still owed to the local people.

:c::c: :c:

This is a new dawn.

pity the money used for these apointments was not paid to the local companys still owed 1000,s, then perhaps more people would get behind the club, and would wish them well on the climb up the leagues.

i don't think many people have any problem with truro as a club it's just the way in which heaney conducts himself, i for 1 will never pay to watch truro whilst money still owed to the local people.

:c::c::c:

in one

This is a new dawn.

:c::c::c:

in one

I think your absolutely right St Darren , most people in cornwall know of his money involvements and that he has done the dirty on local business firms , and it does reflect on Truro . Any truth in the rumour your lot may be renting out Falmouths ground while your new place is created? :c:

How long are you lot going to rabbit on about Heaneys financial situation.?

This is a football forum.

what a stupid thing to say;

as everyone knows that Heaneys financial situation and local companys are linked to tcfc,

its a pity heaney has put truro fc in this position and left so much Negativity towards the club but you don't hit on yr own door step and expect to get away with it.

i hope the day come's that they are in the football league but i think there is more chance of heaney paying back the money he owes and saying sorry.

:c::c: :c:

Why am I stupid.

Saying this is a football forum,is stupid,is it.?

Telling you Im not Intrested in Kevin Heaneys financial world,is stupid,is it.?

Im a football fan,I go and watch 2 teams I support.

I dont question Daniel Levy financial world at Spurs.

What is stupid about that.

Only like you seem to constantly bring up the politics and finanaces of certain clubs.

The main problem with football in Cornwall is apart from Truro City all the clubs in the county are nothing more than pub teams. That is a disgraceful state of affairs for a part of the country with half a million population.

OK so we are regarded as a Rugby county but if there can exist 3 National league rugby clubs in the county then surely we deserve more than pub standard football as well.

I wish truro all the best even though im not a truro fan as it can only be good for cornish football if they make there way up the ladder,i think others are allowed there opinions about what they think of truro and the fact that they are bankrolled up the ladder. im sure alot are jealous and some are concerned for truro if the money went. But for slummer so say apart from truro, cornwall football is nothing more than pub team standard is a joke and an insult to all the other teams in cornwall. happy new year all :drink:

KH's businesses have nothing to do with the club.

Perhaps some of TCFC's fans are glory hunters. I'm sure ManUre has loads. If ManUre kept on losing matches ppl would pile out of Old Trafford as quick as they piled in.

I know for a fact that i'm not a TCFC glory hunter.

I made that post when i was extremely off.

If i can't speak my mind on here. I just as well give up the 'right' of "free-speech".

I still get snide comments because i try to speak my mind.

Get used to it... Spurs Hate Arsenal, Man U hate Liverpool.

PPL hate Truro City. There isn't anything you can do about it.