Cornwall Football Forum

Sean McCarthy leaves Truro City

I have'nt commented on here for a long time now regarding the goings on at Treyew Road. I have to laugh at some of the comments that have been posted about this & that over the last few years, especially from some of the people that have, shall we say recently become supporters. I'm a huge Chelsea fan & even though I've enjoyed the success of the Abramovich reign, I still worry about the future. What I'm trying to say here, is that I, along with the longstanding Truro fans & Truro people genuinely worry where this club is going to end up. Mr T, you've known me a very long time, as I have you, along with many of you who post on this forum. Yes, I say what I think & some people don't like that, but hey I could'nt care less, because I've always said what I've thought to be right. As an ex manager of TCFC, I certainly have not been paid to keep quiet & the guys I've just mentioned & anyone who knows me well, will know that I could never be bought anyhow. The level of success is probably beyond anyones wildest dreams. As a football person speaking on a football issue, who would ever have envisaged Southern Premier League football in the Duchy five years ago, probably nobody. I certainly did'nt! However, with the current financial climate, which none of us would have seen coming five years ago, where does the future of the club go from here. Has it gone as far as it can go now, I think at this level managers are under a great deal more pressure & if they don't get results, then they face the obvious. When Les & myself did it, we were'nt really under any pressure, the club had no money. We got a load of locals to punch above their weight in the SWL & hey we, along with those players enjoyed every second. We always knew that when KH came along we were'nt going to be there long & neither of us wanted to be. We had gotten to three semi-finals & were sixth in the league, we just wanted to see that season out & to his credit KH has since admitted that he'd wished he had let us do that. Anyhow, that's in the past & long gone. The thing is now about the future. I like alot of locals am worried that it will slide back down, the clubhouse has no soul & that's not being helped by the recession, most pubs are reeling at the moment, I can see times getting harder yet! I don't know how the finances for players are raised these days, but to field a side at that level, as well as the travelling involved, it must be really tough. I travel all over the south in my job & my travelling expenses have risen dramatically in recent months. Perhaps a spell of consolidation & maybe ride out the current downturn, who knows. Does anybody know what's going on there anymore anyhow, is KH involved with his wallet, or just a name on the paperwork. There seems to be unrest within the club, certainly with the SWP side. I even had somebody say I'm going back to me the other week! All I know is, I'm a concerned onlooker now, not about the people who follow, or are at the club, but the club itself & where it's going to end up. Will Treyew Road still be there if it were to end up back where it all started, that's the biggest worry for the genuine Truro people, and that includes myself, oh and Mr T I'm sure! By the way Mr T, it's your round & I'll be gettin sis to remind you!! Merry Christmas & a very happy New Year to all, whatever your views on this topic are.

I have'nt commented on here for a long time now regarding the goings on at Treyew Road. I have to laugh at some of the comments that have been posted about this & that over the last few years, especially from some of the people that have, shall we say recently become supporters. I'm a huge Chelsea fan & even though I've enjoyed the success of the Abramovich reign, I still worry about the future. What I'm trying to say here, is that I, along with the longstanding Truro fans & Truro people genuinely worry where this club is going to end up. Mr T, you've known me a very long time, as I have you, along with many of you who post on this forum. Yes, I say what I think & some people don't like that, but hey I could'nt care less, because I've always said what I've thought to be right. As an ex manager of TCFC, I certainly have not been paid to keep quiet & the guys I've just mentioned & anyone who knows me well, will know that I could never be bought anyhow. The level of success is probably beyond anyones wildest dreams. As a football person speaking on a football issue, who would ever have envisaged Southern Premier League football in the Duchy five years ago, probably nobody. I certainly did'nt! However, with the current financial climate, which none of us would have seen coming five years ago, where does the future of the club go from here. Has it gone as far as it can go now, I think at this level managers are under a great deal more pressure & if they don't get results, then they face the obvious. When Les & myself did it, we were'nt really under any pressure, the club had no money. We got a load of locals to punch above their weight in the SWL & hey we, along with those players enjoyed every second. We always knew that when KH came along we were'nt going to be there long & neither of us wanted to be. We had gotten to three semi-finals & were sixth in the league, we just wanted to see that season out & to his credit KH has since admitted that he'd wished he had let us do that. Anyhow, that's in the past & long gone. The thing is now about the future. I like alot of locals am worried that it will slide back down, the clubhouse has no soul & that's not being helped by the recession, most pubs are reeling at the moment, I can see times getting harder yet! I don't know how the finances for players are raised these days, but to field a side at that level, as well as the travelling involved, it must be really tough. I travel all over the south in my job & my travelling expenses have risen dramatically in recent months. Perhaps a spell of consolidation & maybe ride out the current downturn, who knows. Does anybody know what's going on there anymore anyhow, is KH involved with his wallet, or just a name on the paperwork. There seems to be unrest within the club, certainly with the SWP side. I even had somebody say I'm going back to me the other week! All I know is, I'm a concerned onlooker now, not about the people who follow, or are at the club, but the club itself & where it's going to end up. Will Treyew Road still be there if it were to end up back where it all started, that's the biggest worry for the genuine Truro people, and that includes myself, oh and Mr T I'm sure! By the way Mr T, it's your round & I'll be gettin sis to remind you!! Merry Christmas & a very happy New Year to all, whatever your views on this topic are.

your to rich to be paid off mate,happy xmas rob ###### :yahoo:

I'll never be rich Hayd, I'm still tryin to keep the pubs of Truro afloat! :drink: Uncle Leslie is still helping me as well!! :lol: Have a great Christmas mate, love to Sue, may see you down the town sometime.

Hey, Richie boy! I'll bet we had more fun in our two seasons, than anyone ever had there. The lads always say that was the best time they ever had in their football careers. We did very well, and we had a good laugh as well. Bet it's a barrell of laughs there at the moment, in either squad! :lol: