Cornwall Football Forum

'' The best pitch in Cornwall ''

Are we talking about playing surface? Penryn may have a good surface, but for spectators I would rate it low. You cannot watch from the bottom end or even get behind the goal and there is little room on the side opposite the stand. It also has quite a slope top to bottom.

St. Blazey must be the best stadium if you consider everything.

Not necessarily pitch but ive always enjoyed going to watch at Bodmin, sat at top of the stand you get a great view....to be fair that can be said for most of the ground thanks to the grass banking

Hayle's pitch, or should i say 3 pitch's plus a mini's pitch are always in superb condition.

I'm sure if all Greg only had to look after was one pitch, there would be no contest. But as he looks after four pitches and hardly ever has a game called off, there really is NO CONTEST.

But what you have to remember is the likes of Saltash, Penryn, Bodmin, Falmouth etc don't have the slope that Hayle does to aid their drainage. Hayle's surface is indeed normally VERY nice, but it's hardly likely to suffer with the standing water that the others fight after every torrential downpour or consistent spells of rain.

seventont the reason why you cant play on it maybe becasue it has being raining week on end. you not noticed that mate??

tbf, it rained very little last week up untill the saturday

i aked you the same question,last week were have you been living,me being a window cleaner can tell u again,ITS BEEN THE WETTEST NOVEMBER SINCE 1940. :blink: :blink:

seventont the reason why you cant play on it maybe becasue it has being raining week on end. you not noticed that mate??

tbf, it rained very little last week up untill the saturday

i aked you the same question,last week were have you been living,me being a window cleaner can tell u again,ITS BEEN THE WETTEST NOVEMBER SINCE 1940. :blink::blink:

lol sorry lar, no it was dry as a bone here in falmouth bar a think thursday where it rained for a bit..

Hayle's pitch, or should i say 3 pitch's plus a mini's pitch are always in superb condition.

I'm sure if all Greg only had to look after was one pitch, there would be no contest. But as he looks after four pitches and hardly ever has a game called off, there really is NO CONTEST.

But what you have to remember is the likes of Saltash, Penryn, Bodmin, Falmouth etc don't have the slope that Hayle does to aid their drainage. Hayle's surface is indeed normally VERY nice, but it's hardly likely to suffer with the standing water that the others fight after every torrential downpour or consistent spells of rain.

You're missing the point, all the above clubs have just one pitch. If the groundsmen of all the above club's had to tend four pitches, would they be as good? I think not.

You're missing the point, all the above clubs have just one pitch. If the groundsmen of all the above club's had to tend four pitches, would they be as good? I think not.

With that slope, quite possibly.

Guest Rob P aka class of 93

Are we talking about playing surface? Penryn may have a good surface, but for spectators I would rate it low. You cannot watch from the bottom end or even get behind the goal and there is little room on the side opposite the stand. It also has quite a slope top to bottom.

St. Blazey must be the best stadium if you consider everything.

penryn has a slope does it?

As I've mentioned in previous postings, the slope on Hayles Main pitch is a design feature. It complies with the specs laid down by the FA and the STRI. I have never claimed that the pitches we have are the best in Cornwall, they are not by a country mile. All we try to achieve is a consistent bounce and ball roll, and over the period of a season a reasonable covering of grass. Given the recent weather, I think some of the pitch knockers, that post on this forum, ought to be out their with their respective groundsmen, offering support and assistance. All I can say is that I have had that support from Hayle's committee.

As I've mentioned in previous postings, the slope on Hayles Main pitch is a design feature. It complies with the specs laid down by the FA and the STRI. I have never claimed that the pitches we have are the best in Cornwall, they are not by a country mile. All we try to achieve is a consistent bounce and ball roll, and over the period of a season a reasonable covering of grass. Given the recent weather, I think some of the pitch knockers, that post on this forum, ought to be out their with their respective groundsmen, offering support and assistance. All I can say is that I have had that support from Hayle's committee.

Who has knocked your pitch?

For me Penryn, Wendron, Hayle.

Falmouth low lyeing, has poor soil quality, cut and filled made pitch and perhaps a primary drainage system not up to the demands of a winter game. Not very good traction for players due to these kind of factors. Who knows one day we have new primary and secondary drainage put in.