Cornwall Football Forum

Farewell from the Judge

'Farewell from The Judge'

Just to leave the forum users in no doubt as to what happened and to put some from St Austell straight on a few things.

The Newquay fans reacted to the Foxhole manager who called the Newquay Lino a F**king Cheat after just 5 mins of his first ever game officiating. What would you do ?

Who was it that threw his toys out of the pram after being sent off at Callington ? I would suggest he has a history of seeing red after seeing red !

From last season, Lee Whetter had a problem with me after I posted online a photo of his Car Park sign made by someone at the club. Most folk thought it funny, others saw it as someone who thought too much of himself. Earlier this season, Whetter posted a tirade of abuse at me on this forum for no apparent reason, other than he was drunk on a friday afternoon, and got himself banned from the forum for a week.

At Poltair, Lee Bradd came in for some stick for his hairstyle, something we have done ever since Lee played for Newquay. We also gave some lad stick for his pink boots, something we do to Scott Palmer and our own Lino almost every week.

Whetters had his own problems before the game, he was off to Blazey, Dingle knew it and took the Captain armband off him, Whetters only played as St Austell were short of players. He was taking the usual stick from certain Newquay players during the game, especially when we went 4-3 up, some rash tackles went in from both sides. Dave banged his drum, the fans sang and chanted and Bradders took more stick. Whetters was heard by the ref to say to another player, 'I'm gonna sort him out in a minute', meaning me. He eventually lost the plot and got himself sent off.

Newquay fans had not said a word towards Whetters throughout the game, accusations of us aiming personal abuse towards him (or other players) is complete bo**ocks. Yes we may have used adult langauge towards the ref and lino on occasions (who dosn't). The group of kids at the back of the stand were more guilty of swearing but were ignored (unlike last season when one fan did react and gave a verbal volley back, he was warned by us before this game to moderate his tone - we are more than capable of self regulation)

The Newquay fans jeered the first player sent off as fans all over the country do - most did not see Whetters get his red as they happened within seconds of each other. Whetters then raced to the stand and the rest is history.

I'm surprised I wasn't called to give evidence to the CCFA, perhaps the chap who commented in the Newquay Voice was right, decisions appear to have been made prior to the meeting. Obviously, the SWPL still have to deal with the matter, it ain't over yet.

As for banning Newquay fans from Poltair, as long as we don't meet in Cups (and you just know we will), we will never have to visit them again, we're going up and St Austell will be just a bad memory.

The Judge

Guest SAILED THE SEVEN SEAS

Judge your a top bloke. I just wander what would have happened if you had run onto the pitch and attacked whetters??? I wander what punishment you would have had?????????

What club would want an idiot like that associated with them even when the ban is up. Im surprised that St Austell havent at least banned him for life from the club. Just goes to show hey.......

Keep your banter going judge. No1 has to read the stuff on this site and if you cant handle it dont log on.......

I have taken note of the so called punishments handed out over the St Austell v Newquay match. Although not being at the game the photographs seems to say it all so the Newquay punishments would apopear to be about right. But what on earth was CCFA thinking about. You cannot have players or managers going into the grandstand to attack spectators wether you agree there was provocation or not. I cannot find anyone who does not agree that a Sine Die period of years if not life time bans would have been a normal pinishment.

The problem is the CCFA as they always seem to do bottle it, but your problem in Cornwall is that you cannot get rid of these clowns. Their job is to represent the FA and they have failed. That in itself is very serious. But unless you can do something aboput removing these people it will continue to happen and make Cornwall a laughing stock to the rest of the country.

Judge, whats with the leaving thing?

what others think on here, especially Truro watchers (Not fans as most only come on here if they win).....no ones heard a thing for weeks except for Xembla whos lives a thousand miles away!!! :D

People in this area have a real problem when a group of supporters get behind their side with a bit of singing, banter, flags, etc. The odd comments weve had this season have been well funny. And then to get a good result against em is even better!! :D Come on local fans, get behind youre side, it makes for a good afternoon entertainment.

On the good side, theres many out there who like to see a good following like the Newquay lot. They bring a good atmosphere, and put money in the till behin the bar. So we at Blazey look forward to seeing Nookie back in the prem soon!!!! :thumbsup:

I have taken note of the so called punishments handed out over the St Austell v Newquay match. Although not being at the game the photographs seems to say it all so the Newquay punishments would apopear to be about right. But what on earth was CCFA thinking about. You cannot have players or managers going into the grandstand to attack spectators wether you agree there was provocation or not. I cannot find anyone who does not agree that a Sine Die period of years if not life time bans would have been a normal pinishment.

The problem is the CCFA as they always seem to do bottle it, but your problem in Cornwall is that you cannot get rid of these clowns. Their job is to represent the FA and they have failed. That in itself is very serious. But unless you can do something aboput removing these people it will continue to happen and make Cornwall a laughing stock to the rest of the country.

The CCFA havn't bottled it,they are governed by FA guidelines,and the players have the max. ban under those guidelines.Quite why Newquay and its supporters are being punished though is beyond me!

Last season i had the privalage to meet the so-called in-famous Judge when watching a 1st team match of Newquay Vs Pz. I thought he was a top bloke, friendly and someone who enjoys a good banter, both giving and recieving which is totally normal in any football league. I was astonished at the great atmosphere (very loud!!) at Newquay last season, the cheering and jeering fans making it a great match atmosphere.

I have been to many grounds and matches over the years i have been watching local football (with PZ reserves and sometimes the 1st team). At these matches i can recall many times i wish there was more banter, watching matches with less than a handful of people often silent, so no real fan atmosphere. When i see a team with an amazing number of supporters it makes Cornish football thrive. Fans will always support their local team, maybe a small number are what i see as hard-core fans who watch their team unconditionally whether they win or loose, not like certain large teams who are supposedly 'doing it for cornish football' and yet only watch them when they are winning, i doubt the so called 100/1000s of fans would turn out if they are loosing week in week out. Buying a piece of football memorabilia (i.e. a shirt) does not make you a fan, watching a team through thick and thin, ups and downs, huge wins and major losses is what makes you a loyal supporter. Teams like Newquay have the large amount of what i percieve as hard-core fans, without them where would cornish football be, they 'invest' their time and money into the team by watching them week in week out paying on the gate and whatnot.

without supporters like the Judge, the football atmosphere would be boring. I agree with the other posters, one persons' gross misconduct (St.Austell Affair) should not lead to victimisation of the victim (Judge) for it was he who was 'attacked'. Yes, maybe, over the last few years things have been said on this forum that makes for controversial reading, but these are what makes football banter interesting. If we censored all these people things which would and should be said are often forgotten or not said for fear of offending people. Freedom of speech still applies, we including the Judge, had the right to say what we think, which allows a lot of teh footballing community to air thier views on new managers, new players and outlandish behaviour of some referees decisions over the years It is what makes the footballing community INTERESTING!

I hope the Judge continues to post online as i and many others are interested in what he and other people think about our local Cornish football. ^_^

:D

Come on everyone, did you really think the likes of The Judge would be staying off this Forum for long!

As printed in the Newquay AFC match programme yesterday:"For those of you who have been wondering where The Judge words of wisdom on the Cornwall Football Forum have been recently, you will appreciate that recent events have meant that a 'no comment' approach was the sensible option. However, I have decided that The Judge should take early retirement from the Forum, although I am still writing under a suitable alternative name: see if you can figure it out."

Judge, whats with the leaving thing?

what others think on here, especially Truro watchers (Not fans as most only come on here if they win).....no ones heard a thing for weeks except for Xembla whos lives a thousand miles away!!! :D

People in this area have a real problem when a group of supporters get behind their side with a bit of singing, banter, flags, etc. The odd comments weve had this season have been well funny. And then to get a good result against em is even better!! :D Come on local fans, get behind youre side, it makes for a good afternoon entertainment.

On the good side, theres many out there who like to see a good following like the Newquay lot. They bring a good atmosphere, and put money in the till behin the bar. So we at Blazey look forward to seeing Nookie back in the prem soon!!!! :thumbsup:

what has truro got to do with the judge,newquay,st austell,earth quakes in outer mongollia ,my god you can be such a head sometimes :c:

Sorry whistleblower that was the absolute minimum they have dished out. As I said the CCFA have bottled it and have absolutely no interest in the game down here. Its a shame but giving the minimum is not what they should have done.