Cornwall Football Forum

St. Austell v Newquay

"After considering reports received concerning the above match, AFC St Austell players Lee Whetter and Ben Douglas have been charged with Misconduct and have 14 days to respond. Due to the serious nature of the alleged offences both players have been suspended with immediate effect. Both Clubs have been charged with Misconduct and also have 14 days to respond. A further statement will be issued following a Disciplinary Hearing which will take place after responses are received. "

Barry Cudmore (CCFA)

Response taken from SWP League website.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"After considering reports received concerning the above match, AFC St Austell players Lee Whetter and Ben Douglas have been charged with Misconduct and have 14 days to respond. Due to the serious nature of the alleged offences both players have been suspended with immediate effect. Both Clubs have been charged with Misconduct and also have 14 days to respond. A further statement will be issued following a Disciplinary Hearing which will take place after responses are received. "

Barry Cudmore (CCFA)

wat is the worst that can happen with the clubs with misconduct

Barry Cudmore (CCFA)

Ben Douglas was sent off for two yellow cards and Im certain he did not get involved.

Violent conduct or serious foul play - considered to be of a serious nature Each a minimum of 35 days up to a

maximum of 84 days suspension and

£75 fine. Penalty points to be decided

by the Disciplinary Commission

Violent Conduct proably means towards another player.

Attacking a fan is completely different.

No one knows what the CCFA will decide so no point in any one trying to guess.

Feel dreadfully sorry for the Directors and committee at St.Austell who've worked so hard to turn things around over recent years to now have this hanging over them - still, never a dull moment at Poltair!

I assume by his absence that Newquay have "silenced" The Judge - well done to them. He may be a loyal supporter but he's been an accident waiting to happen for some time due partly to many of his postings online - that's not condoning what happened last saturday in any way however.

Back to football this afternoon and hopefully winning ways against Alphington in the Cup. Be interesting to see who's in the crowd and whether The Voice's cameraman will be there!!

"I assume by his absence that Newquay have "silenced" The Judge - well done to them. He may be a loyal supporter but he's been an accident waiting to happen for some time due partly to many of his postings online"

Why would they silence the Judge? Why is he an accident waiting to happen? IT'S BANTER!! Go and find me a post 'online' where The Judge has actually threatened someone.

The fact is one person is at fault here and only one person. Neither club or any supporters should face disciplinary action. The fact is if he had gone to the changing room after he was sent nothing would've happened.

I don't understand why people can't take banter on the football field!! I have taken a hell of a lot of stick from people at Blazey, Falmouth etc but you laugh, join in and go along with it. As soon as you bite you've let it get to you!! I have taken my fair share of 'abuse' from The Judge and instead of jumping on top of him and hitting him I bought him a drink after the game!!

I'm sure Lee regrets what he did and it was probably out of character but he now has to deal with the consequences.

Hi Good Morning Spider,

There as been more than a couple of "sensible" postings on this subject and I have been reading with interest the feelings generated on the forum from the incident.

I have to say though Paul, in my opinion, your postings (one on another thread by dave the rave) are by far the most sensible and realistic evaluation of the whole unsavoury event.

Just on another angle, It was interesting to hear St Austell's Manager telling us why he had stripped Whetters of the arm band.

Reading between the lines, I think the manager's reasons for taking the captaincy of him, I.E "His head was not right" was just a "smoke screen" and it was perhaps more likely to do with the seven day approach from St Blazey and him (Whetters) going to be joining them after Saturday.

Maybe in hindsight he'd wished he had waived the seven days and let him go before the game?!

Anyway Spider hope you are well and best of luck today, Will be tough one, Have watched Dartmouth a few times this season and they play in the mould of their manager "Benny", They tackle anything that moves and if it doesn't, keep tackling till it does!!

Hope also the "Glove and Kit" business is continuing to go from strength to strength.

Kindest Regards

Mass

Is it all "banter" though, Spider? Is anything a fan ever says "banter"? If I go to a match and stand behind your goal and shout awful things about your mother, are you going to buy me a drink afterward? Surely at some point the things supporters say are out of order, and a players, managers, officials, etc. shouldn't have to take everying with a smile? <_<

NOTE: I am NOT suggesting the Judge said anything about anyone's mother; I'm just asking where Spider (and others) would draw the banter/abuse line, or if they have a line.

Slummer: sorry, I shouldn't have bit about the flag! :c: :D