Cornwall Football Forum

HANDBAGS AT POLTAIR

It is understandable that,when a player gets sent off the field of play,certain spectators will respond with some reasonable form of banter: and that the offending player will react with the odd gesture or comment.

But when as a result,that miscreant heads for the stand,barging past supporters to supposedly lay into an

individual and throw punches ,this is a most serious situation which can only be described as an act of violence.

Amazingly,that player enlightens us all that it was mere "handbags".

It that,indeed, is Mr.Lee Whetters' idea of "handbags" : all I can say is that I hope to God I never find myself in the same queue as him in the January Sales!

Lets all hope that common sense prevails here,this was the act of an individual who is a bit volitile to say the least.The county will deal with the matter and i am pretty sure the player will spend a long time watching rather than playing.St Austell as a club will be done for the usual, not controlling players fans etc but i really hope that they are not seen as culprits here as well,they have had enough bad press of late and i for one wish them as a club well for the future.For the good of football lets hope the punishment fits the crime and the real culprit is dealt with.

That was the first time I've seen anything like that happen at a football match that I have attended in 30 years. Wouldn't quite describe it as 'Handbags' but there you go. At the time, my personal opinion was LW should receive a 'Sine Die' ban, but aftyer reading his apology elsewhere on the forum, it does seem he is remorseful and I hope that the ban isn't quite as severe.

I beleive the search is on for the man with the tatoos on his arm or is he just duntanned with hairy arms who looks as if he knows how to deliver a punch.

in all cases like this and particularly this one there seems to be the opportunity to 'get one in' rather than attempt to stop the altercation. I have seen this happen in small football grounds before where the action seems to be lets get 'stuck in' and not to try and stop the situation getting worse. My thoughts go out to the very elderly gentleman who looked petrified. All he wanted to do was watch a football match.

Guest avidfollower

The sooner the Cornwall FA make a decision the better. Incidentally, have or are the Police getting involved with this incident?

Having never witnessed the "Judge", has anyone heard his "banter". Whilst I do not agree with the violence, individuals should really have a little self control. Perhaps the "Judge" ought to have a "little word" with himself!

Perhaps the "Judge" is lacking in maturity!

been a busy week just read the guardian and there is this quote

quote:a bit of banter between supporters is part and parcel of the game, but there is a certain core of newquay fans , who have already caused scenes at other grounds this season," said dingle." we will not be allowing them back in poltair park again ."

looks like there are bans being handed out maybe other clubs should follow suit happens at most grounds and clubs in the country . football is meant to be enjoyed by all

st austell fc must get back to reality,ban people ????i would,nt be allowed to watch football in cornwall again if people listened to what i say :D .the farce last season at cally??sacking a manager when you,re top of the league??and now blaming the judge and newquay for lee,s stupid actions.

i hope you don,t get rodders and st just in senior cup :P