Cornwall Football Forum

SWPL Results Sat Oct 17th 2009

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

and then to cap it all we have Kern [poking his nose in] - I wonder what would happen if we dare criticise even constructively Truro City.

criticise truro if you wish constructively peppermint im a fan and can take that . what i cant take is the judges gobbing off about all and sundry . i dont agree with what the player did and stated at least 10 match ban .but the judge is no innocent and i think its a free forum and i can POKE my nose in where ever as the judge does frequently or has freedom of speech been removed from the forums now as i have been around local football for more than 30 years im not some unknowing idiot so critise city as much as you like validly . but attacks on city and thier owner by the judge isnt constructive

I am not in a position to comment on the incident, but must say that there can be no excuse for a player, manager or official to wade into spectators, if that happened.

It is a pity for St Austell FC Committee, which must take their own firm action against those involved, whatever their position within the Club.All concerned should bear in mind that they are relying on Ratepayers money to put right the years of neglect at Poltair and perhaps some decent behaviour would be appropriate in the meantime.

It is sad too, reading some of the aggressive postings surrounding this and local football generally and detracts from the extreme hard work being put in by many volunteers and others to keep the game afloat at this level providing the opportunities for the very idiots that come on here and display their ignorance.

Incidentally, a lot of those workers are "outsiders,cockney, say what you will" and I am one of them honoured to work to help cornish football.

I just find this whole scenario quite sad, almost embarrassing really. What makes it worse are the inane comments that are half-baked attempts to justify a ridiculously disportionate course of action, amongst the odd prejudicial comment.

After such an entertaining game between old rivals, it just goes to show what can happen when the pressure of a situation gets to somebody. I doubt this would have happened if St Austell had been winning, we all know that the Judge can get a little over-passionate and vocal about his club and whilst many criticise or do not agree with his opinion, he cleary stands up for what he beleives in and gives 100% support to the team that he follows. Hardly just cause for what followed.

From what I have seen, Lee Whetter is a good footballer and it is a shame that an irrational reaction is likely to cost both himself and St Austell Football Club dearly, which will not do justice to the efforts made to salvage a football club that should be up there with the best in Cornwall, as we saw glimpses of in the senior cup last season.

I'd quite like to hear a bit more about the goals, especially Palmer's free-kick and Robbo's winner... I hear there were plenty of photographers present, did Lee get any videos?

Guest Peppermint

The voices of reason in Michael Rabone and The Chairman - well said.

In contrast I was at Blaise Park reporting yesterday and must say that the welcome and cooperation you get at St Blazey is absolutely first class - becuase there was a late team change to the visitors line up - the gentleman doing the announcements actaully made sure I had this change.

I enjoy coming to Blaise Park and that surely should be the aim of every club to make press and every spectator feel welcome and safe.

I am looking forward to my next visit to St Blazey - I am not sure if some of the spectators at Poltair Park yesterday are looking forward with much hope when they have to visit that ground again - such a shame for a club that has a glorious history.

to peppermint and super_saints i have never once on this forum condoned the actions that went on yesterday and as somebody watching yesterday i was one of the people who rushed to the stand and was seperating the melee. i can just understand as a player that when people are not only gobbing off on the pitch but also giving it on here in the past it is frustrating but there again violence is not the answer.

If somebody abused you in the street for nearly an hour for no reason I think i'd want to confront them aswell as many others on this forum would.

So you are saying that it's ok to go round hitting people in a public place with women and children around?

That's not what I would call confronting.

There was no 'abuse' directed at Whetters, it was the usual cheering if he slipped or made a bad pass etc. The St Austell fans were doing similar to Newquay players, happens everywhere in the country every week.

Did a Newquay player feel the need to 'confront' a St Austell fan? NO.

I can't believe that some people are actually trying to take the blame off Lee.

What he did was totally wrong!

No excuses.

Better we kept cornish football for cornish and not cockny judge and wee sheeeebo thats what i say

I also find this statement unbelievable. How shallow minded. There are alot of non-Cornish good people involved at all levels in Cornish football.

Your remark is insulting.

I wish to add that this opinion is not shared by all Cornish people.

This whole topic is showing many people in their true light, I find the results very disturbing.

at the end of the day alot of you were not even there (soccerfan you proabaly were) and all i can say is that it wasn't a good site and shouldn't of happened and i am not taking the blame off of anyone just sharing my opinion and to be honest this whole topic is doing my head in now and i think i'll keep my apparant wrong opinions to myself unless i feel i need to comment.

im sure the fa will do what they see best

A sad day for St.Austell AFC (AFC St. Austell, whatever, make your own minds up), but to jump on Kellows back is ridiculous.

Him and Treemendous have been involved from day one (when we set the second team up) and they have only ever had the WHOLE clubs interest at heart.

From what i see, nobody from the club is condoning what Whettsy has done.

Now who fancies a pint? :drink:

....Not me, im still pished!

I think The Judge is quite correct in not coming on here and adding fuel to the fire - what a shame that his girlfriend Jen is nursing a badly bruised arm - that really takes courage to hit a lady!!!!!!!

I think you will find that Jen got her bruised arm from throwing a barrage of punches towards the St Austell player in question Not from getting punched.

Jen was wearing a Newquay shirt because it was her punches that brought me into the stand to protect EVERYONE in the stand as there were so many Men Woman and Children up there and throwing punches like a mad person she could of hit anyone of them without even knowing who she had hit.

I'm by know way condoning what happened when the player got sent off .

Making sure everyone understands that fans from st austell are most upset about yesterdays game.

i'm sure the player in question will be punished by the club (quite rightly ) and after the referee's report goes in then any other persons guilty will also be punished.

I was definitely there and the photo in my post is taken on my phone! Why would I have a photo from the Guardian?

I was opposite side to the stand ... here's more testament to me being there : witnessed a verbal bout between your linesman and Bradley Ralph, finished off by John Elliott (lino) shouting :"Too old to be out there!"

spot on Dave! and after trying to sort it out in the pub after, and being threatened with a smack in the mouth i've decided to agree with John and won't be wearing a lillywhites shirt again!

Good to see you yesterday Grant, thought you ran the line very well yesterday (I never moan, lol). Also as previously mentioned in DD's post - Correction I didn't get booked, just to clarify it was a stern talking to for a mis-timed challenge.

Scotts free kick was unstoppable - you won't see many of them this season, even though Robbo got the credit in todays Indy, Gutted!!!! And Newquays second goal was an unbelievable counter attack finished well by Luke.

Tinsley looked very good yesterday after returning to the club - he will be an asset to the team!!!

Overall a good game - and as Perranporth dropped points it is still wide open!!

B)B) B)

Sorry Richard, I've corrected my initial posting after checking my scribblings.

At least I got the goalscorer correct! Have to say that it was a cracking end to end game, not one for the management to be happy with though with so many goals. Some great, some very poor defensive errors!

As for the free-kick goal from Scott Palmer, I don't think I have seen many, if any, better struck dead ball goals! :clapper:

this is better than a soap, cant believe the goings on at poltair park

i've played withand against a few of the players involved in this game andmet and know a few of the spectators and the reputations( allegedly ) that they have

and to be fair all people should be ashamed of themselves

goings on like this make me sick, we are trying very hard at grass roots to get rid of these types of incidents

as for going to the stand whetters was asking for trouble, i have been unfortunate enough to be shown a red card once in my careere and i remember the ref not restarting the game as i was stood in the entrance to the dressing rooms at bodmin when it happened,

oh well good times roll on for the name of local cornish football

credit to st blazey for the good form they are showing credit to mr chairman

at least there is a side up that way that can show people how to act

I think The Judge is quite correct in not coming on here and adding fuel to the fire - what a shame that his girlfriend Jen is nursing a badly bruised arm - that really takes courage to hit a lady!!!!!!!

I think you will find that Jen got her bruised arm from throwing a barrage of punches towards the St Austell player in question Not from getting punched.

Jen was wearing a Newquay shirt because it was her punches that brought me into the stand to protect EVERYONE in the stand as there were so many Men Woman and Children up there and throwing punches like a mad person she could of hit anyone of them without even knowing who she had hit.

Making sure everyone understands that fans from st austell are most upset about yesterdays game.

i'm sure the player in question will be punished by the club (quite rightly ) and after the referee's report goes in then any other persons guilty will also be punished.

How exactly do you receive bruises by THROWING punches?

Great comment about keeping cornish football for the cornish! Perhaps if we could blow up the tamar and block the A30 life would be so much easier!

How exactly do you receive bruises by THROWING punches?

Great comment about keeping cornish football for the cornish! Perhaps if we could blow up the tamar and block the A30 life would be so much easier!

you can get bruises throwing punches quite easily and people maybe holding the person back may have created the bruising

oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. it looks like st awful are going downhill faster than any of us could have predicted. You really could not make it up could you.

Senior Cup holders and sitting top of the league one minute. then in the space of a month they sack the most

successful manager they have had in years, lose two games on the trot and turn poltair into free for all boxing arena assaulting paying spectators with women and children in close proximity, what a disgrace. we all know who the main culprit was but i am told that several others joined in including the manager who is certainly not in the dugout in daves picture.

st awful f c has completely lost the plot and all those responsible yesterday need to be severely dealt with. love him or hate him the judge was a paying spectator at a football match and did not deserve to be attacked as he sat in the stands supporting his team.

a total disgrace

:SM_carton:

What ever happened yesterday has happened and will be sorted out by who ever it may concern.

What I would like to say in defence of the Judge is that the bloke will happily wind people up on here but the problem is people really cant take a bit of banter.

Several seasons ago St Blazey and Newquay fans were winding each other up for weeks and it turned out to be a brillaint match with a cracking atmosphere some years ago. Later that season St Blazey needed Newquay to do us a favour and get a result at Bodmin. I went along and he even gave me a Newquay shirt for the night. Newquay sneaked a 1v0 win and St Blazey went on to take the title.

The blokes a true football fan and theres no harm in given the oposing players a bit of stick. The Newquay players must love the support. If I was on the end of a bit of banter it would drive me on to play well. I dont see what the problem is. If you cant take a bit of banter at this level then youd never take it with 10,000 fans singing about you.

Anyway, the Judge im sure aint perfect but some arnt willing to give the bloke the time of day.

Quite sad really. :(