Cornwall Football Forum

SWPL Results Sat Oct 17th 2009

I was definitely there and the photo in my post is taken on my phone! Why would I have a photo from the Guardian?

I was opposite side to the stand ... here's more testament to me being there : witnessed a verbal bout between your linesman and Bradley Ralph, finished off by John Elliott (lino) shouting :"Too old to be out there!"

By the way, I forgot to say earlier - the referee was Marc Oldaker, and why did he take so long to restart the game after the cafuffle!

Oh yes I was there and I have to say that in 40+ years of watching local football, I've never seen anything like what happened today! :(

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest leemccheese

get ur fact right before u start saying stuff boys half of u was nt there,i was shown a second yellow card and was sent off,so went to the stand because not alowed to sit in the dugout as found out from cally last season,ran up there to get out the way off things because was the last few mins, and all i could here was drums and aload of abuse, from the judge so should nt reacted, went over and just give him a piece of my mind, no punches were thrown loads of people joined in, HANDBAGS from both team and fans, its funny not the first time the judge has had people pissed off with him,

Back to the football - St Blazey played very well today and demonstrated their attacking prowess from the word go with two goals in the opening 10 minutes. Time and time again they cut through the Bovey defense with some slick passing and movement and always looked dangerous going forwards. Bovey had their own opportunities but it was quite a one sided match as reflected by the scoreline. Well done Blazey boys! :clapper:

Bring on Buckland next week! :)

get ur fact right before u start saying stuff boys half of u was nt there,i was shown a second yellow card and was sent off,so went to the stand because not alowed to sit in the dugout as found out from cally last season,ran up there to get out the way off things because was the last few mins, and all i could here was drums and aload of abuse, from the judge so should nt reacted, went over and just give him a piece of my mind, no punches were thrown loads of people joined in, HANDBAGS from both team and fans, its funny not the first time the judge has had people pissed off with him,

Well I was there today and that is an absolute load of rubbish fella, I know that you are trying to get yourself out of a whole load of trouble with what is a very funny explanation of events, and yor teammates didn't share you description of it, enjoy what ever it is your gonna do with your time off in the future as I think quite rightly its the last time you'll be seen on a football pitch.

to be fair glenners i was there aswell and your version of events is going to be different to mine and to the person the other side of the stand and the person sitting next to you and you newquay fans are all well and good handing it out but as soon as something is said against you, you wimper like a dog and start bitching about it.

i'm not condoning what happend to day but i have been too many games with st.austell and when something is said in good banter against your crowd my god do you react you're alot of wind up merchants who can't take it. never mind a?? looking forward to the trip to mt wise!!!

well done to who ever (from the newquay contigent) sent a message too one of our fans and basically threatend all of the st.austell contigent when we come to mt wise. how pathetic!!

anyway besides all of the rubbish that happened.what a cracking game i watched at st.austell today.two good sides battling it out with either side possibly winning but newquay one and well done to them.

Im sure in the melee that was going on the stand not all could be seen, but I was on the pitch playing when he sprinted off the pitch and up the steps and had a very good view of what happened, I know its no fault of the club at all but what with the players previous he has no right to play again quite frankly and as for the fans, if your focussed on the game you dont hear it anyway.

Bodmin 5 - 2 Holsworthy

Great game of football, on a very warm day, with two teams who wanted to play football, well refed and the lineo's were spot on (well ok i'm being a bit bias there but........). :D:smiley20: The 2nd goal by Bodmin was a awsome diving header (or a well timed trip :P ) 3-2 at half time and only one yellow card. Well done to both teams :thumbsup:

some might say the judge had it coming?? 2nd time this season

YEP FUNNY HOW THE JUDGE GOT INTO MORE TROUBLE TODAY, HE IS A LAW ONTO HIMSELF & IT WOULDNT BE THE LAST TIME IT HAPPENS THIS YEAR .I LIKE TO READ WHAT HES WRITES BUT THE GUY WILL ALWAYS DIG A HOLE FOR HIMSELF PITTY REALLY, AM GLAD HES NOT CORNISH :ninja:

so went to the stand because not allowed to sit in the dugout

With less than 5 minutes to go, why bother going anywhere apart from the changing rooms!

Which reminds me of a few seasons ago when Harry Richardson's foot appeared through the changing room door at Saltash soon after being dismissed! If you read this Rappo - do you recall it?

An FA spokesman said: "We are aware of the incident and are awaiting reports from the match official.

"We will also be speaking with the police to establish what their inquiries are in the matter."

"Brian Clough clipped someone's ear once and was lauded a national hero. Maybe it'll be the same with Lee but I doubt it."

to be fair glenners i was there aswell and your version of events is going to be different to mine and to the person the other side of the stand and the person sitting next to you and you newquay fans are all well and good handing it out but as soon as something is said against you, you wimper like a dog and start bitching about it.

i'm not condoning what happend to day but i have been too many games with st.austell and when something is said in good banter against your crowd my god do you react you're alot of wind up merchants who can't take it. never mind a?? looking forward to the trip to mt wise!!!

well done to who ever (from the newquay contigent) sent a message too one of our fans and basically threatend all of the st.austell contigent when we come to mt wise. how pathetic!!

anyway besides all of the rubbish that happened.what a cracking game i watched at st.austell today.two good sides battling it out with either side possibly winning but newquay one and well done to them.

Im all for good banter and dishing out a bit of stick to each other, in fact I believe I stuck up in support of the St.A fans that made it a cracking atmosphere at Mt.Wise last season on this board and if someone from Newquay threatened one of your fans then they should be ashamed as well. But Im sorry, there is no excuse for what happened today especially in front of kids.

And yes it was a cracking game that could have gone either way.

to be fair to the judge i dont now how involved he actually was if he even was apart from the odd word like others. i believe it was others from newquay that were worse than him the only reason i say this was because when one of our guys were getting people out the way i heard a cry or was it a wimper that said "i didn't do anything" which to my amazement when i turned around it was the judge. now assuming the bloke has some balls he would of admitted to it if he did gob off so i believe he may of been an innocent (ish) bystander !

Well I was there today and that is an absolute load of rubbish fella, I know that you are trying to get yourself out of a whole load of trouble with what is a very funny explanation of events, and yor teammates didn't share you description of it, enjoy what ever it is your gonna do with your time off in the future as I think quite rightly its the last time you'll be seen on a football pitch.

Maybe this break from football will give him the chance to brush up on his english skills!

I struggled to read the above post from lemccheese!

Youth of today!!!

Premier-Saltash United 0 Falmouth Town 3

Danny O'Hagan;Sean Flynn;Matt Drummond:

First ever SWPL victory for Falmouth v Saltash

SWPL Premier

Elburton Villa 3 Liskeard Athletic 3

Saltash United 0 Falmouth Town 3

Ivybridge Town 1 Buckland Athletic 1 (Latest score due to injury)

Witheridge 3 Penzance 1

Dartmouth 0 Tavistock 3

Clyst Rovers 2 Torpoint Athletic 1

Cullompton Rangers 0 Launceston 5

St.Blazey 6 Bovey Tracey 1

Bodmin Town 5 Holsworthy 2

Plymouth Parkway 1 Wadebridge Town 0

ivybrigde 3 buckland 2 ft

Great result for Ivybridge............ Lets hope Ben Anniss recovers from his injury (suspected broken leg).

From the St Austell game: A big thanks to Rich Crapp today. I flagged him offside in the second half, and rather than turn around and give me a mouth full like most do he asked me how far offside he was. I told him, he said, cheers ,accepted it and got on with the game. Shame all players can't be like that.

I was on the far side of the pitch when the incident happened and don't really want to comment or get involved. What I will say is that there were a few sensible people down there watching and it is clear that the explanation from Whetts is far from accurate. p.s If you are sent off, since when have you been allowed to sit in the stand? and why would you go and sit amongst the oppositions fans?

Is it right the lee signed for another club this morning anyway? Could be a short transfer.

I am not going to divulge what I saw (its not worth it) but if you were there and saw the incident then you would agree with my statement. DD could probably back this up, he was stood near me.

if your not going to divulge why say anything in the first place seems pointless and no i dont agree with your statement sorry. but as i said in an earlier post everybody has different views and opinions nothing against you grant but there we are :P

Guest Peppermint

Whilst I cannot comment on the incidents because I was at Blaise Park today it does seem strange that a player that has been sent off does not go to the changing rooms like the Bovey Tracey player shown a red card at St Blazey today - surely that is the correct procedure. A player just sent off should go nowhere near the stand and supporters of either side. Perhaps a referee could confirm the correct procedure.

What is worrying about the incidents reported is that Paul Hampshire's wife and very young daughter were in the stand as well as Lee's young son - hopefully they will not be put off coming to football in the future.

As Scott states - what a shame that a great game of football and a good win for the Peppermints was spoilt.

Dave Deacon is an experienced and well respected reporter so I am sure his unbiased posting is somewhere near the truth.

I was at St Austell today.

Lee Whetter left the field swiftly, went straight up the stairs to the stand, went along the seats past half a dozen Newquay fans, ignoring everyone else he 'went for' the Judge. In my opinion he had only one reason in his mind for coming into the seats.

It all happened very quickly, the Judge didn't even have time to stand up before Whetter laid into him.

It doesn't matter how you personally feel about the Judge, this behaviour was thuggish to put it mildly.

Hi Dave,remember Harrys foot well mate!!! Gilbey and Foxy had a full on scrap as well that day! We managed to talk Gilbey into giving us an interview after as well when he was still steaming!!! Not bad entertainment for a 0-0! Enjoyed the fish and chips on the way home too mate :thumbsup:

I was at St Austell today.

Lee Whetter left the field swiftly, went straight up the stairs to the stand, went along the seats past half a dozen Newquay fans, ignoring everyone else he 'went for' the Judge. In my opinion he had only one reason in his mind for coming into the seats.

It all happened very quickly, the Judge didn't even have time to stand up before Whetter laid into him.

It doesn't matter how you personally feel about the Judge, this behaviour was thuggish to put it mildly.

THANK FRANCE, someone with the balls to say what actually went on!!!!

If this had happened in the street, "weters" (misspelled on purpose so he can read it) would be infront of a different kind of judge!!!!!!! SHOCKING!!!

Growing up in Glasgow, I've had my fair share of numpty's hurling abuse from the stands and if mr "leemcheese" tried that in a park in govan he would have had his "teeff" ripped out!

not only a bad footballer but no much of a boxer either!!!!!!

His woefull attempt to circumvent (that'll give him a nosebleed) what was a blatant attack on a middleaged man is testament to his character! AN IDIOT

"handbags"? "no punches thrown"? An appology would've been a real man's defence!!!!!!

hopefully they'll throw the book at him.........

seriously mate........lol

he should go bristol zoo get a foam finger!!!

ANYWAY back to the pressikng issues......... SOME FINISH FROM WEE ROBBO TO WIN IT EH? LIKE A SCOTTISH GINOLA!!

If somebody abused you in the street for nearly an hour for no reason I think i'd want to confront them aswell as many others on this forum would. was hell of a strike for the free kick.even the best keepers in the world would of struggled keeping that rocket out.from where I was by the home dressing room looked like a quality strike

The irony is Judge was actually quite quiet today and didnt really contribute to the banter in his usual ebullient manner, yet there is obviously a bit of bad blood from this forum and Whetter targetted him.

are you joking , you need to go get your ears tested you xxxxxx if it wasnt wets bradders should offf done something after the things they was saying to him while he was playing ,

im going to sit and wait for the judges un biased take on the match and events at st austell . what i cant understand is he hasnt replied to this yet strange for him . and i know for a fact he will drag city into it somewhere :). probably be mid week before we hear from him as chelski lost and city won

and no matter what newquays fans say the judge is probably the most biased person in cornwall and as a supporter his personal triades at people on the forums are bound to get a reaction . and as to age im also middle aged plus a few years and i have had a few handbag matches . the ccfa will deal with it maybe they should consider banning the judge from away matches for his own saftey . if i was a newquay fan he would make me chringe

as to the player from st austell sorry but you were in the wrong 10 match ban at least

The irony is Judge was actually quite quiet today and didnt really contribute to the banter in his usual ebullient manner, yet there is obviously a bit of bad blood from this forum and Whetter targetted him.

are you joking , you need to go get your ears tested you xxxxxx if it wasnt wets bradders should offf done something after the things they was saying to him while he was playing ,

So you condone that? Congratulations.

As for Bradders, yes he copped the stick but fair play to the man, he came up and was trying to get them out of there.

If somebody abused you in the street for nearly an hour for no reason I think i'd want to confront them aswell as many others on this forum would. was hell of a strike for the free kick.even the best keepers in the world would of struggled keeping that rocket out.from where I was by the home dressing room looked like a quality strike

st austell must be really proud of you on here, with your little st austell afc badge as your piccture trying to justify someones violent actions!!!

Guest Scooter

I cannot believe im reading this and everyone is going on about judge........are you joking me??? hes a fan and is entitled to shout banter at players, thats what happens at any level of football!!!!!!!! and if you cant take the banter from the fans, do us all a favour and dont play!!!!!

Judge gets the most stick from everyone on this forum but i dont recall him running around football grounds throwing punches! but by the sounds of some of you apparantly its okay to do that!

HA

Guest Peppermint

What a sad day for Cornish football - Treemendous - states keep Cornish football for the Cornish and keep Cockneys and Scottish people out - his additions to all his postings sum his thinking up!!!

Kellow condoning violence and then to cap it all we have Kern [poking his nose in] - I wonder what would happen if we dare criticise even constructively Truro City.

I feel very sorry for the hard working Committee at St Austell that have worked wonders in the last year - football should be a sport that all the family can enjoy.

On another posting - it seems such a shame that by all accounts a great match that had everything including great goals has been overshadowed by the actions of a tiny minority.

Finally thanks to Stig for confirming for me and others that a player dismissed from the field of play should go to the changing room, as happened at St Blazey yesterday.

I think The Judge is quite correct in not coming on here and adding fuel to the fire - what a shame that his girlfriend Jen is nursing a badly bruised arm - that really takes courage to hit a lady!!!!!!!