Cornwall Football Forum

teams that don't go back for a drink.

We are very lucky at Praze to have a quality squad - athough we have put a lot of work in to it. Today we beat a team 2 leagues above us by 2 goals to nil and deserved it. Undoubtfully the better side.

However, part of football is the social side and nothing worse that those sides that don't come back for a pint.

We always put food at Praze and no-one can argue possibly the best food in junior football so no excuses.

Come on boy's, let's make it an unwritten rule that we all go back for a quick drink and chat!!!! Were your tails between your legs?

Marty.

Sadly marty its a sign of the times,i went back to hayle tonite and by 6 oclock the place was almost empty despite 4 teams its not a shadow of the place it was a few years ago despite the teams progressing into higher leagues.We discussed this issue tonite and the issue of live football was raised but on my return to penzance no footie at a lot of the pubs and very few at the star who were showing man utd.Sadly the nights that i enjoyed thru my career will never be enjoyed by the majority of players nowadays :drink:

I've just come home from Praze pub who have Sky sports and ESPN (so no excuses) but left half a dozen of the boys there. It's almost 9pm but 7pm if the missus asks.

We all play football for the crack. Also we all like to have a village local! If we don't support them, they will be gone!

We all know that our subs per week won't fund a team for a whole season. The pubs that support us put food on for the away team which is wasted if they don't turn up.

We are very lucky at Praze to have a quality squad - athough we have put a lot of work in to it. Today we beat a team 2 leagues above us by 2 goals to nil and deserved it. Undoubtfully the better side.

However, part of football is the social side and nothing worse that those sides that don't come back for a pint.

We always put food at Praze and no-one can argue possibly the best food in junior football so no excuses.

Come on boy's, let's make it an unwritten rule that we all go back for a quick drink and chat!!!! Were your tails between your legs?

Marty.

Agree with you Wildee, started the same topic in the CSWL section

Sadly marty its a sign of the times,i went back to hayle tonite and by 6 oclock the place was almost empty despite 4 teams its not a shadow of the place it was a few years ago despite the teams progressing into higher leagues.We discussed this issue tonite and the issue of live football was raised but on my return to penzance no footie at a lot of the pubs and very few at the star who were showing man utd.Sadly the nights that i enjoyed thru my career will never be enjoyed by the majority of players nowadays :drink:

funny that dan mate.

didnt lock up till 9....

sky or no sky, we have allwaye have our loyal

Where is Praze? Do you have a clubhouse on the Ground? sorry for my ignorance but never been there and having read your comments, I would like to come and visit when I come on holiday next year. I like going to the smaller clubs as well as the bigger ones, just ask Redruth United, Sticker AFC, TMS or Troon.

I do agree that clubs should go back for a pint and a bite to eat after the match regardless of the score. In our League and I know many others it is a rule, we have a 5 day rule where if a club cant attend then they give the home side 5 days notice, if they just dont attend on the day without the prior notice then they are find £30. £25 goes to the home club for expenses lost and £5 admin to the league. I mostly go back for a pint and something to eat and have a go on the card. At all games I always have £2 on the raffle, buy a programme(if there is one) and pay the gateman if there is one.

We are just a small club. We do have our own pitch, changing facilities and showers.

Praze have a great history as a strong mining league team. The team merged with a local team in a bid to progress but it didn't work out. Three ex-praze players have come back to re-form Praze. Although starting from the bottom, we have an excellent team spirit and are so far unbeaten.

Any support received is appreciated.

Do you play where you used to play about 10 years ago? That was the last time I played against you, however we (Perranporth) are due to visit you next week.

Guest sazzle

There really is no excuse for not going into the opponents clubhouse or even ur own. Players give up their saturdays to play football and an extra half hour or even less is not gonna break anyone even if they have to get back to their home turf for a family event etc.

All clubs need is one or two drinks bought from the clubhouse to help cover match day and club costs. Having free food laid on is surely a bonus for all players and no harm in having a quick nibble on and off they can go.

Come on lads, without teams doing this clubs and footy clubs will not last.

How on earth do you know that your club does possibly the best food in junior football?

I agree with your statement that teams should go back or at least tell you that they are not going to make it for a drink out of courtesy but to say that your club does possibly the best food in junior football is a little over the top and im sure there are lots of junior clubs out there that will disagree with that statement

It maybe the best food you have tasted but it may not be the best food everyone else has

Just out of interest but what food do you lay on after matches as I know some clubs lay on a very nice spread indeed?

How on earth do you know that your club does possibly the best food in junior football?

I agree with your statement that teams should go back or at least tell you that they are not going to make it for a drink out of courtesy but to say that your club does possibly the best food in junior football is a little over the top and im sure there are lots of junior clubs out there that will disagree with that statement

It maybe the best food you have tasted but it may not be the best food everyone else has

Just out of interest but what food do you lay on after matches as I know some clubs lay on a very nice spread indeed?

I won't even credit that response with an answer. The point of discussion was regarding teams that don't go back for a drink. This isn't an arguement about who does the best food!

That’s very big of you Wildee

I actually agreed with what you said and I was not trying to start an argument about who does the best food, I mearly stated that you had suggested that your club/pub did the best food in junior football to which I questioned that fact

Surely if you are going to come on a public forum and say things like that then as members of the public we should be allowed to question this

If you had just come on and mentioned about teams not coming back and the fact you did food then fine and I would have agreed 100% but you said in your own words that your club/pub did properly the best food in junior football and I just asked the question that is all

Good luck for the rest of the season and enjoy your tucker

I think that what people do in their free time (which is normally a Saturday for most) is entirely up to them. I agree that it is good to have teams going back but if they dont surely that is not a problem. We ask the visiting team and then ring the pub half an hour in advance so they can crack on with dropping the food in the fryer!

I am normally up for going to the pub after most games (funny that?) but when you visit teams with no showers, or are a long distance from home, with family to get back to... then I can understand why people dont.

I dont think it should be a rule at all, that is the decision of the individual players / team on they WANT to do... unfortunately this does not always please everyone!

What about teams that are local and do have showers?

I think that what people do in their free time (which is normally a Saturday for most) is entirely up to them. I agree that it is good to have teams going back but if they dont surely that is not a problem. We ask the visiting team and then ring the pub half an hour in advance so they can crack on with dropping the food in the fryer!

I am normally up for going to the pub after most games (funny that?) but when you visit teams with no showers, or are a long distance from home, with family to get back to... then I can understand why people dont.

I dont think it should be a rule at all, that is the decision of the individual players / team on they WANT to do... unfortunately this does not always please everyone!

What about teams that are local and do have showers?

I do not think it should matter if the team is local or if there are showers available should it?

In your original post you said were your tails between your legs?

I’m guessing (And this is only a guess so apologies if I am wrong) that you are in fact talking about a team you have just beaten who are fairly local and did not come back to your place for a drink because they lost (Could this be fourlanes by chance)

What do you call local I.E how many miles from your pitch 5 miles 10 miles 20 miles? I’m sure that local teams to Praze would be Holmans or Storm?

Having played for a team in Redruth for a few years I would like to say that they (Including me) would go back for a drink to every teams pub weather the players were wet/cold/muddy it did not matter so the shower thing is no excuse to be honest although I can see how some players would prefer to go straight home for a bath or shower but a 10 minute quick drink is not a lot to ask is it

I mearly stated that you had suggested that your club/pub did the best food in junior football

He didn't Mr boy, sorry buddy :( ..

possibly the best food in junior football so no excuses.

POSSIBLY, is the word that gets him off the hook. ;)

Don't hate me Mr boy :( :thumbsup:

Gotta be honest, i wouldnt go back to a teams pub, if they did not have shower facilities, cant stand walking around sweaty and lagged in mud! Id have to go strait home!

I dont think any team who couldnt provide showering facilities could really complain about opposition players not going back to their pub though.

I personally go back to all away pubs and bars for a drink (provided ive showered of course!!!) but i dont think it should be a rule as somebody previously suggested.

As i said il go back for one anyway, but thats my choice as its my Saturday afternoon and no league rule is going to tell me what to do with it!!!

Officials too !!

Most of these clubs are sponsored by the local boozer or gain their total income from the clubhouse bar.

Use them or lose them. Too many good clubs have folded in the last few seasons already.

Best grub after the match was athread last year and I believe the little known "Racehorse Inn" (North Hill in Duchy Div 4) came 2nd in the county !!

Thanks Coopsie. You are 'possibly' the best forum member.

Sad to see you are no longer playing.

Martin

I mearly stated that you had suggested that your club/pub did the best food in junior football

Don't hate me Mr boy :(:thumbsup:

Don't hate me Mr boy :(:thumbsup:

coopsie agreed i got that bit wrong and i hold my hands up to that but if you had looked at my original post i did say the word POSSIBLY bud

Anyway im not going to get into the tit for tat on here life is far to short and i agreed with the thread i just asked a couple of questions which could not get answered properly

Off to cause havoc else where now :D :D

Martin

Depends who's angle you're seeing from mate :c:

Martin

Oh please give me a break here :D Someone give me a bucket im going to be sick

Well get rid of that silly picture you've got on the bottom of each post and I'm sure you'll feel much better :D ..

Anyway im not going to get into the tit for tat on here life is far to short

Oh I absolutely, wholeheartedly, 100% agree with you there me old mucka ;) :c:

i love going back for a drink after the match but its not always possible people have many many commitments im a very busy man if u no wat i mean!!!!!!!!!!! wink wink hush!!!!! lol

Officials too !!

Most of these clubs are sponsored by the local boozer or gain their total income from the clubhouse bar.

Use them or lose them. Too many good clubs have folded in the last few seasons already.

Agree :D i always try to go back to a pub/club after a game but sometimes thier too far away to walk too :mellow: And as for not going back if you can't have a shower thats the worse excuse ever. ;)

Thanks to Penzance for stopping after the evening kick off last night at Wadebridge. I left at 10.00 and they were still there having a drink and something to eat. Good bunch of lads.

We always try to offer the refs refreshment before, during and after the game.

Its their game too!! :c: