Cornwall Football Forum

What are Spurs up to?

I see in The Sunday Times that Daniel Levy (apparently their chairman ?) has had his private plane confiscated by Icelandic creditors. Since the only thing I ever read about Spurs these days concerns players and their agents laughing uncontrollably when asked to sign for them, this explained a lot.

Their club accounts were probably in Icesave. Maybe there are some good players up on the volcanic lava there, kicking around between the geysers. I won't make any jokes linking Somersetspur with sudden gushes of hot air, that would be unkind.

We used to have Gudjonsson: he wasn't bad. Reading just got rid of one or two Vikings: perhaps Spurs could make a bid for them ? Dawson's heading would probably improve if he had a horned helmet on his head instead of that Toblerone. :D

Picked tis up off a football website...

Tottenham could bolster their midfield with Toulouse pair Etienne Capoue and Moussa Sissokho. Both youngsters have been tipped to reach the top of the game in the near future.

Better keep clear of Spurs then! :lol:

Wonderful. A stick insect to go with Toblerone Head and the Sheffield United hoofers. I'm surprised you haven't put in a bid for Stonebridge. I know he's not good enough for Truro City, but you lot let him slip through your fingers once before; surely not twice !

I think you've never been the same since you let Dave Mackay leave for Derby County. He's only about 106: ask Matron to lend you the phone and give him a call ! Now your old Somerset room-mate Harry Patch has passed away, he's your best bet. :D

Do you know what, looking back to this time last year, with Spurs new signings and terrific pre-season form, I thought you would be up there right in the mix. And then look what happened.

This year, your signings are hardly earth shattering, and yet I strangely feel that Spurs will be strong. I hope that's the kiss of death to your season, but I don't think it is. Still a long way to go in the transfer market.....

Sorry, S.S., don't understand you. Three punctuation errors in two lines must be some kind of record. Glad you didn't connect Harry's phone: he'd keep getting a crossed line with Pleat's prostitutes. Blue noses win Real Cups at Wembley. Has the draw for the Pub Trophy been made yet ? Could be a tricky defence at Darlington coming up for you, or will it be Lincoln City ? Last time I bothered to watch you was at Brisbane Road in the very same competition. Falco, Hoddle and Waddle went down 2-0 to Leyton Orient. Happy Days !

Sorry, S.S., don't understand you. Three punctuation errors in two lines must be some kind of record. Glad you didn't connect Harry's phone: he'd keep getting a crossed line with Pleat's prostitutes. Blue noses win Real Cups at Wembley. Has the draw for the Pub Trophy been made yet ? Could be a tricky defence at Darlington coming up for you, or will it be Lincoln City ? Last time I bothered to watch you was at Brisbane Road in the very same competition. Falco, Hoddle and Waddle went down 2-0 to Leyton Orient. Happy Days !

Your a really sad and a really annoying man.

Midfield.

Signed England International Peter Crouch.

Still not excited. Are you?

Seems that since I've been on holiday you spuds have been "linked" with any and every player possible. What is Redknapp playing at? Is he trying to spend all your money like he did at Pompey? The one that made me and my eldest daughter laugh (and she's a Scouse fan) was Ashley Young. They were trying to get themselves mentioned in the same breath as Real Madrid, Barca and Liverpool! When are you lot going to stop deluding yourselves that you are a big club?

YES.The shit heads from the Emirates.

You wouldnt want any of the Arse players,they are not good enough!Hopefully you can ram his comments down his throat when Spurs hammer the Arse,and maybe you can have a silly video like he has!!!!!!!!

They wanted Vieira!

Also, looks like Alonso is clearing off to sunny Spain. Wonder how long Torres will last then. That'll wipe the smug smile off your scouse face. You won't finish above us, anyway. :drink:

A further point...

If the spuds do get a new stadium (and that's a big if) I wonder how long Redknob will stop after that. He certainly won't have too much money to through around, now will he?

Some more education for the only blinkered gooner on the forum.

Unlike yourselves Tottenham Hotspur have got money to spend,no problem.

Our Owner is one of the richest men in the world.John Lewis.[surely you have done a bit of shopping there]

His little Company ,ENIC,who our Chairman Daniel Levy works for runs our Football Club.

There is also a big connection with another very successful buisnessman,Mr Alan Sugar,who still has a

share holding in the club and is a massive Yid.

Those 2 buisnessmen could buy your poxy little club 10 times over.

For your information the new Stadium is in its advanced stages,with the Club aquiring 80% of the land around White Hart Lane,and with the economical climate as it is ,it will only cost approx,£400 million.

Thats about half of what your brand new shit hole cost.

So beware the Stadium will be built with the loads of money we have.

Be worried Gooner.

Are you really a school teacher,or what.

The Emirates generate approx, £1 million profit on home game gate reciepts.

Out of that comes players wages etc.

When the shit hole was built,it cost in the region of £700 million,at the time it was built intrest rates were

high,on the money that was borrowed.

The Highbury Building Project,was going to pay off a large chuck of the debt owed.

Unfortunatly ,with economic crisis,that scheme has come to almost a grinding halt and is way behind schedule.

Now I thought you being a school teacher may be able to work out the rough sums.

19 premiership home games,plus Champions League and Cup home games,roughly 30 games a season.

That is the sole reason Top players are sold every year and will continue to do so while you OWE the Bank

money.

If you fail with Champions league qualification this season[strong possibilty]

More debt,more players going.

Wake up and smell the coffee.

:yahoo::yahoo: :yahoo:

You get it wrong every time. The Emirates cost £430M which is nowhere near what you have made up. Champions League was never factored into it - as you well know. Our financial model is sound and we don't rely on sugar-daddies, unlike some clubs.

Try reading, listening and learning.

I teach maths - so I know what I'm talking about. Unlike you.

If you look at the ones we have sold they were either players who had given us long and valuble service (Henry, Vieria, Toure, etc.) or mercenaries who think the grass is greener on the other side (Adebayor, Flamini, Reyes, etc.). All players move on for one reason or another. Out of that lot, Henry and Vieria are the ones we probably miss the most. We won't spend £41M on players. There is no need. What we may need is a top defensive midfielder and, probably, a centre-half. If we get them, great. If we don't I'm not worried.

I didn't say we haven't got any debt. We have, but it's all under control. Don't forget we have shelled out a lot of money this year to buy 2 key players - Arshavin and Vermaelen. If you, or anyone else for that matter, is interested in the connection between us and Highbury Square then this link is interesting. There is money available for signings - it's just that we don't go out and buy 4 or 5 players every Summer because that's not the policy AW follows. A policy I'm happy with.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/fe...profit-accounts

Darren Bent has completed his move to Sunderland for an initial £10 million + add ons,which includes

Sunderland's Premiership survival.

Now we will spend our money.

:thumbsup:

Ah! That's interesting. Are you admitting that you have to sell to buy? You have always said you have got plenty of money!

:thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup:

It's a strange one,The Bent saga,He was never really given a proper shot at it at Spurs.He had the Keane 'gone then back saga',For some reason they took Frazier Campbell :blink:

Defoe came back again,And yet with all that,His goal return were'nt that bad i thought,Or am i wrong????

Very true ,we do have money,and we will continue to strengthen the squad.

The writing was always on the wall for Darren Bent,as soon as Arry said his wife could have scored a

chance that Darren missed.

You haven't really answered the question. Do you have to sell to buy?

PS - Crouch has had too much of the summer sun! :lol::lol::lol:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5476578,00.html

No we dont have to sell,so we can buy.

Arry is letting a bit of deadwood leave the club,our squad ,one of the biggest in the Premiership was

always top heavy.

Zokora,Gunter,Bent,were never regulars and when every one was fit would'nt get in the team.

Others like Gilberto and Rocha, were only playing in the reserves.

Some youngsters have gone out on loan,so Arry is thinning the squad down ,and rightly so.

Spurs have agreed a fee of £8 million for Sebastian Bassong from Newcastle.

He has passed his medical,and is disscussing personal terms.

This guy is banned for the first 2 games of the season,and has now decided to play for Camaroon and not

France,so he will be off to the Africans Nations Cup in January,hence the fee being reduced from the

original £10 millon.

Any news about the FAMOUS TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR.Tune into the CORNISH SOCCER FORUM and listen

to the SOMERSETSPUR.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup: