Cornwall Football Forum

Brian Biggin Newquay AFC President

A very sad day indeed for Brians family and everyone connected with Cornish Football. I had the pleasure of knowing Brian through his role with the CCFA. A true gent and role model, Brian was the nicest and most genuine person I have met in Cornish Football.

RIP Brian on behalf of myself and all of the players at Perranporth Reserves x

May I also add my condolences to Sandra and family.

I was only talking to Morrish Truscott last night and mentioned Brian in conversation.

Did an awful lot for local football as well as Newquay and I have to say is party to producing one of the best-ever publications I've ever owned on football in the County.

Just heard of the sad news of brian biggin i have known brian all my life 52 yr he was areally nice down to earth bloke who was mr newquay football club its a real sad day for local football and newquay in general he will sorely missed and there should be a minutes silence or appreciation shown at every local match this weekend to a real down to earth bloke unlike many 2 faced people around it wont be the same without brian at mt wise you will be sorely missed .

Totally gutted. Brian was and will always be a Newquay legend. In my short spell at the club he made me feel so welcome lovely genuine man. Best Wishes to all his family & and to all my friends at Newquay football club.

Lots of Love Winno & Family

All at St Day AFC

The Directors and Council Members of Cornwall County FA would wish to express their deepest sympathy and condolences to Sandra and her family on the passing of Brian.

Brian was one of the nicest and most respected of gentlemen in Cornish Football. Every time you entered Mount Wise you looked for Brian and of course Sandra. No visit was complete until you had had a chat about the latest news concerning Newquay FC and the clubs in his division.

For those of us have been and are still involved in Cornish Football Brian will be sadly missed. Mount Wise will not quite be the same without him. The CCFA have lost a much respected colleague and a true friend of football.

David Bray / Vice Chairman CCFA.

Condolences to Sandra, Tamsin and Andy for the lost of one of the best our Brian. We will really miss him Dave will not have anyone to give his away program to now. We have only known him for a short time but he was always the gentleman and a friend.

We are sure that we speak for many others when we say that The Newquays 3rds have it spot on when they say the stand should be named THE BRIAN BIGGINS STAND.

What a shame that Brian is no longer with us.

Brians welcoming smile will be sorely missed by all who visit Mount Wise. Even though he was Newquay

through and through he was always very positive and full of words of wisdom and encourgement to all of

us at Godolphin and came to support us on many occasions (when Newquay weren,t playing of course)

Heart felt condolences to Sandra and all of Brian's family and close friends

from everybody at Godolphin Atlantic FC

R.I.P Brian. lovely guy who made me feel part of the peppermint family right from the start of my days at mount wise and always made me feel like i'd returned home even when turning out for the opposing team. my thoughts go out to Brians family and all at Newquay f.c.

Bradley Ralph

What a terrible loss to Cornish soccer. Brian had all the qualities of an absolute gentleman and he was always very supportive of match officials.

Because he was an official of the county, I saw him at several grounds along the North Cornwall coast where of course he was their county representative, as well as at disciplinary hearings, where he exercised sound judgement.

I always made a point of going over him to have a chat and he was always showed a lot of interest in my progression.

This is no slant on any present member of Newquay AFC, but a visit to officiate at Newquay now, just won't be the same without seeing Brian there.

R.I.P. my friend.

Guest Postie Pidge

A touching tribute from the Combo League to have a two minute silence before each game.

Falmouth will be holding a minute's silence before the Ivybridge game

Only just read the news in the West Briton. How sad.

I, too, last saw Brian at Treyew Road at the end of last season. I went to the game hoping he would be there as I hadn't seen him for so long. We chatted for most of the second half about the game and memories spanning the years from the 73/74 season which is when I first met him.

A true gent, modest in victory, magnanimous in defeat: loved football, loved his club, loved Cornwall. He was one of the few people I know who always called me "Tommy" even though I have never been known as that! I always looked out for him when I covered Newquay's games for Radio Cornwall and he always had plenty of interesting news and information.

A truly lovely bloke.

See ya, Brian.

Tom Trust.

Guest betti1

On behalf of the Committee of Millbrook AFC I would like to pass on our condolences to the family of Brian.

Brian was always a gent and after our home game against Newquay last season he telephoned our Secretary Murray to thank our club for their hospitality-such was the man. I am sure that many clubs throughout the country have their own 'Brian' ,someone who works selflessly for the club that they love and it is a great loss when they are no longer around. Brian will be remembered by everyone who knew him with much affection and admiration. Rest in Peace Brian. Let us all remember him at kick off on Saturday.

Fantastic tributes to a fantastic man.Known Brian since i was a 15 year old at Newquay,and can honestly say he didnt change abit in all those years.Brilliant company,fun to be around who knew his local football inside out.Sat on Brian's bed a few weeks ago at work when he was admitted.A true gent until the end,which is reflected by all the many friends he had.Cornish football has lost a great ambassador.I bet Brian was looking down watching all the local games today celebrating what a great life he's lived! Love and best wishes to Sandra and the family from the Rapsey's. Brian you're a legend mate :c: :clapper: