Cornwall Football Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bazzer

Brian Biggin Newquay AFC President

Brian is currently in hospital at Treliske with a very serious illness,Our thoughts at this time go out to him and his family from all at Newquay football Club ,we wish him a speedy recovery.

Yes very sad news all the players at Newquay wish Brian the speediest of recoveries. Brian has just been further recognised by the C C F A for his voluntary work in football. You can view this on the C C F A web site or see the link below.

C C F A

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Get well soon Brian, I know you and Sandra read the forum, hope to see you both at Mount Wise soon.

Mark & Jen

Two of Perranporth's Club Officials went to see Brian in Treliske yesterday, having seen the many messages of support on here they sent them on to Brian so he could be aware of the support he is getting. Apparently Brian told them that he is likely to be moving to Newquay Hospital so he can be closer to home.

Although i do not post on here very often i had to post on this one.Brian and Sandra are two of the nicest people i have ever met and are Mr and Mrs Newquay AFC. Despite the rivalry when i was playing between Falmouth and Newquay i always thought i wish they were at my club. The respect Newquay AFC have earned over the years is largely down to them. I know i speak for everybody at Falmouth who knows them so please let us know how he is getting on and give our love to Sandra. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Also would like to pass on the best wishes of St Dennis afc who had the pleasure of Brian playing for them in the 60's and 70's.

Brian is often spoke off when some of my family talk about the old times.

Hope you get well soon.

May I add my best wishes to Brian.

He was a wonderful source of support when, at times, I felt very isolated taking on Mr Ryder and, it seemed, the whole of the CCFA, a few years back.

A speedy recovery please.

Bill

Glad to hear brian is on the mend one thing you can say about brian he is a true fighter and will be back at mt wise soon cheering the peppermints on hes newquay through +through brian was a tough footballer and hes a lovely bloke and i have known him for year and hope to know him for several more my mum used to take my dad up mt wise in his wheel chair after his stroke and brian always chatted to him even though my dad couldnt speak or move ,so i would like to wish brian a speedy recovery and see him soon at the ground when you think of newquay fc you think of brian a real nice bloke all best brian. :c:

Brian is now in Newquay Hospital. He is coping relatively well and continues to think positively. He would like to thank everyone for the immense kindness shown to him, especially from the football fraternity in both Devon and Cornwall. :c:

I am on this forum most days and i never knew until this eve that Brian was unwell!!

I hope you recover 100% as you are to Newquay as Fish is to Perranwell!! A legend of Cornish soccer!! :c:

Last evening (Tuesday) Brian passed peacefully away after a short illness at Newquay Hospital. Many thanks to all the staff at Newquay Hospital for the wonderful care and kindness shown to him over the last three weeks. My sincere thanks for the cards and messages, and to all his friends who viisted him in hospital,friends Brian has made in football over the last fifty years. :c:

Condolences to his family on behalf of everyone at St Agnes AFC.

A true gentleman and a sad loss to Cornish Football.

We would appreciate knowing the arrangements as soon as anyone else does. Thank you.

Mandy & Martyn x

Guest Peppermint

This is indeed a very sad day for everyone at Newquay Football Club. On behalf of the Committee and the members of the Club we would like to express our condolences to Sandra, Tamsin and Andy and all Brian's family.

Brian was Mr Newquay Football Club and I think I am correct in saying he held just about every post in the Club over the many years he was associated with the Peppermints. Starting as a player, then Manager, Coach, Secretary and latterly as a hands on President. He was as most people know a well respected FA Councillor and he will be sorely missed by everyone he met.

On a personal note he was a tremendous help when I became Football Secretary and latterly Chairman of the Club he loved. I shall miss discussing football matters over a pint in the Clubhouse and he was very knowledgeable about everything football. Brian is irreplaceable and Mount Wise will be a sadder place without him.

RIP Brian.

Graham Drew, Chairman of Newquay Football Club

What a sad day for Cornish Football. My thoughts go out to his family, especially Sandra. You will be sadly missed at Mount Wise. The work you have done is invaluable and immense, thank you.

A legend of Newquay Football Club.

Brian Biggins R.I.P