Cornwall Football Forum

Heaney and Truro City

Guest Uncle Albert

Guest Uncle Albert

I see Kevin Heaney is making big changes at Truro City.

www.thisiscornwall.co.uk © - Link

TRURO City owner and chairman Kevin Heaney today announced that he is handing over the commercial reins of the football club to an outside company.

The marketing of the club and ground will be in the hands FS Media Solutions, which is an offshoot of high profile Truro solicitors Follett Stock.

This announcement follows the news on Thursday that vice chairman Chris Webb was leaving the club.

Mr Heaney said: “The last four years have been spectacularly successful for the club on the pitch with a record equalling four successive promotions and of course that memorable day at Wembley Stadium in front of 36,000 fans.

“We have gone from being a Step 7 team to the Southern League Premier Division.

“The demands off the pitch have grown enormously during this period. It has become increasingly difficult for our tiny team to keep pace.

“For this reason I am delighted to be handing over the commercial reins of the club.

“I will be able to concentrate solely on my own development business and of course on my role as chairman. I shall have nothing to do with the day to day running of the commercial side of things.”

A statement released by Truro City FC this morning said that, under the deal which was finalised earlier this month, a company called Tiger Commercial (Truro) Limited had been licensed to use both the club’s name and its 3,500 capacity ground at Treyew Road for all forms of income generation.

The statement went on: “The contract is set to last for an initial period of two years and should go a long way to ensuring that the club remains financially viable.

“The intention is to avoid some of the financial uncertainties of last season which gave rise to unwelcome headlines and negative speculation.”

Chris Lingard, from Follett Stock, said: “Over the years, as we have become probably the best known law firm in Cornwall, people have been very complimentary about the marketing of Follett Stock which we have always done in house.

“Now we have decided to allow our talented team to work for other entities; thus the launch of FS Media Solutions.

“We are delighted that one of our first clients is Truro City Football Club. During the next few months people will see a big change in the way the off pitch business is conducted.

“It is essential that the club becomes financially self supporting. It is unhealthy for any club to rely on one benefactor however generous he may be.

“In my view the benefactor should be there to buy the extra things in life and not be relied upon for the everyday items.

“We shall be working closely with the fantastic supporters of the club and the community as a whole which we hope will throw itself behind the teams push for a record breaking fifth promotion by offering us even greater support.

“We shall be trying to attract as wide a fan base as we can and intend to have a family zone available together with a zero tolerance on foul and abusive language.

“Football is our national game and Truro City are playing the best football this county has ever seen.”

Among the early changes will be the relaunching of the clubhouse which will be restyled as ‘Strikers’ at Truro City FC. The revamped bar will be opening tonight.

It will be serving tasty home cooked food. It will be hosting a series of ‘specials’ nights with various types of entertainment planned for the coming months including tribute bands and even a ladies night.

The club will also be formalising the use of its car parking to the general public. It will be launching a ‘Park and Walk’ service for those who work in or visit Truro and want to keep fit and save the planet at the same time as having a secure and economical place to park. Members of the Park and Walk scheme will qualify for free rain macs.

Parking will be charged initially at £1 per car to compete with the Park and Ride Service from Threemilestone.

The previously very successful overnight lorry parking will also be relaunched with drivers welcome to use the club’s facilities.

Among the new ideas is a plan to hold more non footballing events such as the famous annual firework party at the ground including pop concerts and other types of entertainment.

It is thought that the ground could become the largest such venue in Cornwall hosting up to 10,000 people at a time. With that size of crowds attracting major stars to the Duchy could become a reality.

The club is also appealing to businesses and to individuals to help the club and themselves by taking out sponsorship.

Abigail Lutey of FS Media Solutions said: “We have a full range of sponsorship opportunities available which will suit every pocket and desire.

“At the top end we shall be offering businesses the chance of having the ground named after them for an initial period of two years.

“There are also three separate packages available in respect of the shirts and shorts.

“At the other end of the spectrum we have squad numbers and boards at the ground up for grabs together with programme and website exposure.

“There will also be exciting match day opportunities available for businesses and individuals (the perfect birthday gift for the person who has everything).

“If none of that appeals remember that you can reserve your favourite seat by buying a season ticket to all the club’s league games now.”

Reading that twaddle has given me the biggest laugh in days.

Make the club self supporting in 2 years. They couldn't support themselves when they were in the SWL.

How long before the junior teams are priced off the pitch?

Top firm in Cornwall that no-one has heard of.

Park and walk for £1 with a free rain mac thrown in!!! That will bring in lots of money. Ha-ha, don't think so.

I could go on.

Abigail Lutey of FS Media Solutions said: “We have a full range of sponsorship opportunities available which will suit every pocket and desire.

“At the top end we shall be offering businesses the chance of having the ground named after them for an initial period of two years.

perhaps they should name the ground after the bussiness that were ripped off by the little fellow, they all lost enough money to have the ground named after them for 100yrs let alone 2yrs ....then again it would take a while to say the 170+ names.

:c::c::c:

Free Rain Macs ? :clapper: ! What a shower !!

Guest Man on the Post

I'm afraid you win some you lose some in business cornish-blue. For example the local economy will have benefitted from the millions of pounds illegally obtained by a Penzance and 'good old cornish' firm in a fishing quota scam! And none of the money has to be paid back.

Guest Sport Lover

Win some lose some or get ripped off? Man on post your obviously not self employed.

I got a certain local well known cricket player that has ripped me off and its not nice.

Guest Man on the Post

Man on post your obviously not self employed

Yes I'am self-employed.

I agree with you Sport Lover, it's not nice. What I don't like is the suggestion that it's only the non-cornish that rip people off! Like you, I have had a different experience.

Guest Sam Boston

I'm not sure how much a firm of solicitors know about marketing but I guess if it promotes Truro City Football Club and removes some of the bad publicity that has built up recently then it can't be a bad thing. I'll be watching this with interest.

This looks to me that Keven Heaney, has all but walk away from the club, it is quite clear that he is no longer going to put his money into the club, but remain Chairman in name only,

As for Chris Web has Heaney fallen out with him? because Chris has put a lot into the club for many years,

however good this so called solicitors firm is they have not said that they are going to put money into the club, in fact quite the reverse,

Truro City have to become self financing once again, through whatever way finance can be raised,

I wish them all the best but, now that Heaney has financialy walked away it is going to get much tougher to succeed.

Yes we will all watch this space with interest,

Hammers :blink::c::mellow: :c:

Apart from Chris Webb leaving, the remainder appears to be a recognition that to advance help is needed to raise the capital a higher footballing status demands, with FS on board hopefully the near on £500,000 annual operating costs can be met (approx £1200 per spectator per season), a further promotion could see those costs rising further, although Mr Heaney has put millions into the club no one can expect him to do so forever, hopefully FS involvement will not go belly up, they are a successful organisation and there is no reason to think it will do so.

We all wish Chris Webb well for the future, the new initiative is tinged with a some sadness because he has gone - Thanks for everything Chris.

Guest watcher

So whose money do you think is bankrolling Follet Stock then !?!

Perhaps Kevin Heaney quite simply shouldn't have started something that he's either unable, or unwilling, to finish. If the Club was to be as successful as he says he always wanted it to be, then the current financial demands were always going to become a fact of reality, and so should have come as no surprise to him.

If, on the other hand, the plan depended upon being able to build on the football pitch, a move scuppered by his repeated failures to secure planning permission elsewhere, and his unenviable but growing ill-reputation, then he will inevitably have now thrown his football toy out of the pram.

Reading that twaddle has given me the biggest laugh in days.

Make the club self supporting in 2 years. They couldn't support themselves when they were in the SWL.

How long before the junior teams are priced off the pitch?

Top firm in Cornwall that no-one has heard of.

Park and walk for £1 with a free rain mac thrown in!!! That will bring in lots of money. Ha-ha, don't think so.

I could go on.

thats why your so big,you dont walk any where :clapper:

hereby leaves the question, would you prefer a history or a future?

Lets not forget Darren,Truro City football club never had a glimps of a future 5 years ago until Kevin Heaney came in and put money into the club.You can like or dislike the man but no one can deny that up to the present time he has fulfilled everything that he promised.

No one knows if the changes being made at the club this season will work as planned,only time will tell,but it is obvious to most that running the club like they were in the local leagues would be no good enough in the league they are playing in next season.

How many times have we read on this forum the way that Truro City P.R. is a let down,perhaps now with the new boys sorting out the commercial side of things there will be an improvement.Lets give it a chance and see what happens.For all we know this could be a true success venture,why knock it before its even put into action.

As for the future Darren its still looking pretty bright for what I can see,but lets see what it brings.

Watcher do you suffer from depression, because I can't understand all the bad vibes. The bloke Heaney is having a go at putting Cornwall on the football map. If you really want to impress people just put a list of your achievements in Cornish football on here, otherwise mate just leave it alone..

Here we ago again.

"Putting Cornwall on the Football Map"

That is so pathetic.

When people mention say Peterborough they don't say they are putting Cambridgeshire on the football map or that Taunton put Somerset on the footballing map.

Truro are for Truro and nobody else.

Time to drop that "putting Cornwall on the footballing map".

Every club is selfish, they put themselves first, as is only right. We are in it to win not help other clubs.

that is very true ctb but as Cornwall is well known for not having had a league club and being a backwater for football then surely the higher Truro go the more references Cornish football will get and the more the football fraternity will visit Cornwall. as you say Peterborough have done well but they are one of a few league clubs in Cambridgeshire.

Other Counties I understand have no league clubs

Worsetershire

Oxfordshire

Surrey

Bedfordshire (Now that Luton have been demoted)

Westmorland

Rutland-Their top club is Cottesmore Amateurs who play in the step 7 Leicester Senior League,

Are they doing it for Rutland?

mike your such a footie anerack ,is there out you dont know :drink: :blink:

Guest Slowmo

Very odd.

According to Creditsafe UK, a CCJ for £6149 was awarded against Truro City Football Club Limited on May 1 2009 in Truro County Court.

I am sure there is an innocent explanation and the amount will be swiftly paid.

Incidentally, again according to Creditsafe, Kevin Heaney is now the only listed director; his wife apparantly resigned in April. The credit rating is very poor (4 on a scale of 0-100) and the limited financial information available demonstrates the club's dependence upon the continued support of Mr Heaney.

Of course, he is not obligated to support the club for ever.

There may well be a commercial logic for the relationship with Follett Stock that hasn't fully emerged.

I am sure that Follett Stock have their own opinion on their ability to suddenly turn their hand to marketing a football club although the personal biographies of the folk mentioned in the Press Release (posted on their website) suggests they have limited previous experience.

Follet Stock MS will have to succeed in a tough financial environment and I wonder whether charging a quid a day for car parking is really that smart. They may also discover many local businesses are concerned about being associated with a club owned by Mr Heaney. Almost everybody in my circle knows of somebody who lost out when his housebuilding business failed.

I certainly think I know where this is heading.

Very odd.

According to Creditsafe UK, a CCJ for £6149 was awarded against Truro City Football Club Limited on May 1 2009 in Truro County Court.

Someone told me that this was awarded to a contractor called Dave Brewster who did work on their football pitch. this person told me that the contractor invoiced truro city, not cornish homes. as the work was done for the club, not cornish homes! This is what i heard from a source i would not like to mention. and as for my opinion i hope truro do go up the ladder but aslong as it is fair to people who did the work for them to get them there.

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

A couple of posts claim it is a fact that the Chairman has delivered everything he promised... so where is the 16,000 all seater stadium ? Where is the football academy for all CORNISH kids ? Where is the benefit to CORNISH football as a whole ? All these were promises which for one reason or another, have not been delivered.

The Stadium for Cornwall rubbish is nothing of the sort and should not be supported until we are told that CORNWALL Council will charge both TCFC and Pirates, a fair and reasonable rent for the use of the facilities, so that the residents of Torpoint and Sennan etc, are not subsidising either club.

All the solicitors are doing, is the job of Commercial Manager and will no doubt take a fat % of the income they raise. Of course, it will be easier for the Chairman to slap writs on folk who write stuff he does not agree with.... I'm still waiting by the way.

I called a truce on knocking Truro but that was dependant on crap not being spouted on both sides, nice to see the same being written saying what a wonderful job he has done, TRUCE OVER !!!

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

TRUCE OVER,why dont you grow up Judge.

It is due to the fact, that I am a grown up, that I have understood from a distance, the situation from day one. If we all tugged our forlocks to the man, then we would be as brainwashed as those who believed everything they were told. Or is it, that some folk won't admit when they were wrong and have been hoodwinked.

Take the rose coloured specs off, remove the wool from your eyes and wake up to the fact, that some of us whose interests extend beyond Treyew Rd, (and a few at the club) knew the good times would end at some point in the not too distant future.

I hope the real Truro City AFC fans enjoyed the ride, make the most of one last season in the limelight, at least you can say you were there before, during and more importantly after.

Thats more like it Judge.Leopard never change its spots.

Yep,its looking like the wheels are coming off.

More high profile signings,more on the way,new supporters club being set up for us fans,clubhouse open,

Sky being re-installed,Oh yes,its all falling apart.

Well I cant wait,bring on the new season,then you lot can get stuck into eating your humble pie,AGAIN.

:yahoo: :thumbsup:

No one on here knows Truro,s finances or the Clubs turnover,thats why its all gossip and rumours.

As a supporter,I see a club preparing for the new season after gaining promotion.

Strengthing the squad was a must to progress,and that is taking place for another assault on promotion.

A new team has been put in place to deal with the commercial aspects of the club.

How many times have the club been criticised on here for poor customer and commercial gaffs.

The Clubhouse is open again,and if that can get back to the days of about 20 years ago,it would be great.

Sky T V re-installed,which is what everyone wanted.

A new Supporters Club being set up by the supporters themselves,with a membership scheme,and other

various goodies,positive and professional.

As I said before,I am looking forward to the new season ,it looks like to me,Truro City are doing the same.

The paper says the player's wages are over £400,00 per season. There isn't enough money in the Truro area to cover that.

This firm works for other clubs like the Pirates among others. When they go begging to a firm for sponsorship do they rob Peter to pay Paul or do they think there are enough rich companies out there to support everyone.

I see they are looking for a new shirt sponsor as well.

Isn't it strange a football clubs finances run by a firm of solicitors!

Whilst THE JUDGE is having a go at Truro City he is letting NEWQUAY off the hook about not declaring the correct attendance figures OR like most things has he also got that WRONG.

Cornishteddyboy also joins him to get into the act to form Cornwell's latest joke paring "THE SAD DUO"

Whilst THE JUDGE is having a go at Truro City he is letting NEWQUAY off the hook about not declaring the correct attendance figures OR like most things has he also got that WRONG.

Cornishteddyboy also joins him to get into the act to form Cornwell's latest joke paring "THE SAD DUO"

The Judge and CTB may not be to far from the truth,the only problem I see is that to many Truro supporters wear rose coloured specs.Mountaineer and Somersetspur ,wake up and smell the coffee,come on you RED AND BLACKS. :P:P :ninja:

The Judge and CTB may not be to far from the truth,the only problem I see is that to many Truro supporters wear rose coloured specs.Mountaineer and Somersetspur ,wake up and smell the coffee,come on you RED AND BLACKS. :P:P:ninja:

I think this makes "THE TIRESOME TRIO" (The Judge, cornishteddyboy and now Mr.T).

We are wide awake, we need to be to enjoy the journey provided by Mr H, I have said many times that if it all went 'tits up', we have enjoyed ourselves along the way, the memories would remain even if the club disbanded and a Supporters team in the guise of AFC Truro were playing at Boscawen Park in the Falmouth/Helston league.

TRURO CITY FOOTBALL CLUB supplying CLASSY football for CORNWALL.

The Judge and CTB may not be to far from the truth,the only problem I see is that to many Truro supporters wear rose coloured specs.Mountaineer and Somersetspur ,wake up and smell the coffee,come on you RED AND BLACKS. :P:P:ninja:

Forget about the past and the RED AND BLACKS.Come and join the ever growing band of Truro supporters who follow the WHITE TIGERS.

Forget about the past and the RED AND BLACKS.Come and join the ever growing band of Truro supporters who follow the WHITE TIGERS.

Go back to what you were doing before you got interested in Truro Kit 65 its all becoming clear you must know it deep down its starting to fall apart, When it does which it surely will , you will lose interest go back to spending time with the family or shopping with your wife . Because i would put money on the fact that when you are back playing in the combo your so called white tigers will have less than 50 fools watching them , Keep gripping your pillow tight and hope its just a nightmare , IT WILL END IN TEARS FOR YOU :( :(

Guest watcher

So much for Kevin Heaney then, saviour of Truro City. Was it worth it?

Who's to blame?

Everybody who let him play fantasy football league with our club and his dirty money.

Everyone who stood by and let him treat one loyal player and manager after another like shit, ruining their health, their careers, their reputations and their lives.

Everybody who thought he'd never do it to them.

Everybody who failed to speak out against him.

Everybody who ever defended the way he did business.

Everybody who didn't care how, or where the money that bought the FA Vase came from, as long as the club was successful.

Everybody who turned a blind eye to the real price we paid for winning.

Everybody who thought that Heaney's contempt for his creditors was OK as long as his business failure didn't affect the club

Everybody who believed his promises and made excuses for him when he didn't deliver them.

Everybody who stuck their heads in the sand and said it was all rumours.

Everybody who isn't demanding now that Heaney shows his face and makes a public statement about why Chris Webb left the club.

Everybody who thinks that Heaney has handed over the commercial exploitation rights of Truro City FC to his solicitors because it's in the interests of the club.

Everybody who still has a good word to say about him.

And especially anybody who posts a reply to this having a go at me for knocking Truro City - because without you boys, he'd have never got away with it.

Guest watcher

That'd be chuckle as in brothers, right Adlestrop?

Heaney's failure to stand up in public and explain the split with Chris Webb is perhaps the single most shameful episode in the history of Truro City FC. He should stop hiding behind his solicitor's skirts and speak for himself.

Maybe Heaney's at the villa in Spain or the flat in Monaco, scouting for new players. Then again, some say he's sitting in a dark room with a bag over his head, playing with his subbuteo and wondering where it all went wrong.

What do they say about only singing when you're winning?

[/quoteEverybody who turned a blind eye to the real price we paid for winning.

interesting using the word "we"

as "we" always assumed you are someone left in the wake of City's success,in other words NOT GOOD ENOUGH

everything you ever spout on here ,watcher, is sour grapes

just get on with your life and get over it

Asda, Tesco, Sainsbury etc do not go public with the whys and why-fores when they find it necessary to change their personnel, there is such a thing as employer - employee confidentiality.

Football is a dog eat dog business, in the Premiership people are shafted all the time, when joining the bigger boys Truro City need to change personnel on a regular basis to compete, that's the name of the game at the higher level.

Truro have left the Newquay andPenzance village people some distance behind, maybe one day we will meet again, in the meantime why not cut out the petty jealousies and send your best wishes to Cornwall's current footballing flag bearers as we did to St Blazey and Falmouth Town when they did the Duchy proud.

We have all paid our respects to Chris Webb and recognise his contribution to Truro City Football Club over the decades, many of us wish he was still there but whatever the reasons we one day may or may not know.

Guest watcher

Get a life as in shut up you mean?

Don't speak out?

We can't all be gagged. We aren't all under contract.

We aren't all deluded.

TCFC isn't Asda, Sainbury's or Tesco. It isn't even Lidl. Not even Poundstretcher.