Cornwall Football Forum

Senior/Junior Players

Re-Instatement  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Players should only be allowed to sign for one club?

• Agree
    • Disagree players should be allowed to play in different leagues for different clubs
    • Undecided

Just a thought that might provoke some discussion.

Is it not about time that the idea of Senior and Junior players/Leagues was done away with? Surely, if a player signs forms for a club could it not be made automatic that he is eligible to play for any team within that club. This would do away with re-instating players etc. and save clubs having to pay for the priviledge. Also, it would stop the nonsense of a player, say in the SWPL being able to turn out for a different club against the SWPL club's reserve team.

You don't see the likes of, for instance, Gary Neville playing for United's first team one week and then Bolton's third team the next.

Why don't we try to make club secretaries lives easier by having one simple form that a player signs when he joins a club allowing him to play in all competitions for that season.

If you want a junior league, then have it for Under 16's.

I expect to get pilloried for this, but then to be involved in football at all, you have to have a broad back.

I look forward to comments from others.

Charles Fittus

Vice-chairman

Falmouth Town AFC

because i play mining 1 for a reason im not good enough at all to play a better standard i dont want to be playing against a top class defense and a top glass goalie(no disrespect for the players in mining1) or i will start to not enjoy playing football anymore...... im sure alot of you will think thats a s**t way of looking at it but thats the way i feel about it :clapper:

The county will not entertain doing away with the reinstatement rules as they bring in too much revenue.

I know of a club that raised this issue with Barry Cudmore last season and they were told that to change this rule would require a large majority vote in favour by the County officers.

CCFA is a ltd Company and apparently there was no interest in su[[orting the motion.

I wonder why?

TMS9. I fully understand your reasoning, but please try to look at it from another point of view. If a player normally plays for his club's SWPL side, and he has lost form or is coming back from an injury, then he can play for the Combo side with no problem of re-instatemnt. However, if he normally plays for the Combo side, then to have a few games in a lower league, he would need to get re-instated in order to be able to play for, say the FHL or Mining side tht ahis club has.

Also, if there is a promising young lad in the club's third team and he is given a chance to play at a higher level by the club, he mayturn it down as, I believe he can only be re-instated twice in a season. Surely this will hold back a players development. After all, is not the idea of football to give players the chance to ply at the highest standard possible? Or is it to line the coffers of the governing bodies?

It may also help prevent the bringing in of "Ringers" from outside the club, as has happenend often in the past. Besides, I don't think that many so called senior players would want to langiush too long in the lower leagues.

My belief is that if a player has signed for one club, then he plays for that club in any side that they have until he transfers to another club.

Almost everyone connected with Cornish football will echo these sentiments:unfortunately the "Powers that(Should!) be" will not be interested.

My understanding is that Devon F.A. do not have this antidiluvial system in place:and players within a Club can play for any of its teams without re-instatement.

Just a thought:now that the Pyrmid system is in place and the ECPL is part of it with cross-border Clubs,could the Leggue be administered by Devon FA instead of the CCFA?

i think its a great idea and their must be someway to work it, just out of principle i sign for all the teams in my club, even the ladies if i can get away with it!!!! it would stop the nonsense that happens toward the end of the season when you turn up to play a side and you don't recognise them from the team you played earlier in the season. especially as the swpl finishes so much earlier than the combo and junior leagues. can at times have a major affect on titles and relegation issues!!!!!

I am glad to see that my idea has been received so well. Whilst I appreciate that some players may feel threatend by it, I believe that on the whole it would have more pros than cons.

Surely, the CCFA is there for the benefit of the clubs and players that it administors and if enough pressure was put on the CCFA then changes could be made.

Remember, the the tree that doen't bend, will eventually break!

A word about so called ringers.

In Devon for instance there is no junior/senior football, and it's not a problem.

You don't get Bideford first team turning out for the second team and WHY.............

the second team would walk out and do not play for Bideford again...........

but that doesn't seem to happen in Cornwall................you just moan and whinge about ringers.....and the second team just seem to accept it and play on the following week......think about it..........

The first team have 3 subs who don't play, 2 players coming back from injury, they all need to play so they are put in the reserve team, the opposition then complain that they had to play against 5 ringers or senior players............the onus is on the second/reserve team to do something about it..........

Gentlemen please do not get carried away by slagging off the CCFA it is not their rules they are FA rules, also on this point would it be right for arguments sake, CSWPL players in important games play for their clubs 3rd team shall we say in the Mining League? or even Truro City`s first team players play for their 3rd team , I think I can hear the screams from here. The idea is worth discussion but it needs to be looked at from all angles.

In some counties there is NO CHARGE for reinstatement. As soon as the notion of CCFA Ltd was born and clubs were no longer fined for non-attendance at the AGM, democracy in Cornish football was dead and oligarchic rule was confirmed. I have been trying without success for twelve years to get CCFAS to tell me where the "constituency boundaries" are so I can stand as a regional representative.....but they've "lost the map" !

I vote against the proposal right now because it would allow SWPL clubs to put in first team players in reserve games in the Combo without allowing Combo clubs to defend themselves against this....it was that very injustice that led me to sign players from Liskeard to knock Penzance out of the Combo Cup a few years ago. What worsens this is that the Combo fixture secretary deliberately fixtures and refixtures to ensure that his favoured clubs do not face SWPL first teams and those he hates face first teams several times a season !

If there were a rational league structure administered well and if the CCFA could be persuaded to stop ruining the fixturing with the wretched Senior Cup, which matters so much to St Just that they sent eight reserves and a bare eleven up to play in the first riound in the hope of defeat, relegating it to a Sunday or a pre-season competition to get the first few rounds out of the way, I would support the proposal !

In Devon for instance there is no junior/senior football, and it's not a problem.

You don't get Bideford first team turning out for the second team and WHY.............

Eh?

Several of the Bideford first team players have made appearances for the seconds this season, returning from injury, not being able to travel for an odd away match etc. If the seconds weren't in the running for their league title and one of their cups right up to the end of the season, several of the (very young) seconds would have got a run out in the first team.

With the Seconds getting promoted to the North Devon League Senior Division this season, I would expect even more of a crossover next year.

--

Richard

totally agree with the general . for example lets use the generals team gulval they play illogan in a important game in the mining league and illogan reregister combo players and play them and gulval would not be able too even if they wanted too . thats unfair . if they could use combo players say from penzance who dont have a mining league team then that evens it up a bit . and also look at the combo supplementary cup final falmouth played half of there first team against portreath although they may not of done anything wrong by the laws of the county fa in my book thats a big advantage

i agree with sammo on the way that falmouth put in a few first teamers, surely you have to play a certain ammount of games for that team in that league, like for example using the Supp cup final if you have played say 75% of the fixtures for teh combo squad yeah thats fair but if your a first team player and havent played all season and get asked to start knowing they have combo league players on the bench i mean come on...that bends the rules a wee bit.

This is the only County in the Country where reisntatement happens, it is a money spinner no 2 ways about it, in the rest of the Country you have thriving Sunday leagues where people from all leagues can play, the only people that are restricted as to where they can play are contracted players. We all talk daily about junior and senior players and reinstatement, if you try and explain the set up in Cornish football to someone from out of county you will be there for a long time!

If you are signed for a club Torpoint being a good example, if someone in the first team gets a injury and is out for a few weeks then ideally someone from the reserves fills that space, someone from their 3rds goes to the reserves, if this goes past the 5 games reinstatement why on earth should there be a load of paperwork, and when the injured player comes back once again ideally he would go in the 3rds to get fit, why should the club have to pay for that?

As for the CCFA only applying the FA rules is utter nonsense reinstatement is a CCFA ruling and like I said earlier the only county in the country that does it.

I believe it holds Cornish football back, I may be wrong BUT, we have the lowest standing of any county in England........ concidence?

QUOTE(Pompey @ May 27 2009, 09:17 AM)

Eh?

Several of the Bideford first team players have made appearances for the seconds this season, returning from injury, not being able to travel for an odd away match etc. If the seconds weren't in the running for their league title and one of their cups right up to the end of the season, several of the (very young) seconds would have got a run out in the first team.

With the Seconds getting promoted to the North Devon League Senior Division this season, I would expect even more of a crossover next year.

--

Richard

Of course you get players returning from injury, can't make an away game because of work, so what's the problem, I don't think that the Bideford Reserve Team Manager or players have a problem with that, it's quite normal practice. In Cornwall they call them ringers, but teams shouldn't have a problem with that.

Perhaps the Combination, ECPL and Junior Leages should have a few less teams in their divisions and finish at the same time as the SWPL or attempt too...............it's called organisation...........

gas on tour, do you actually know what you are talking about. A few years ago now my son played for a team in the County Junior Cup (Berks & Bucks) they were knocked out in the semi final, it transpired that the opposition played a Winslow Utd player ( South Midlands League ) this was a senior league and the player should not have played Junior Football. The result was the team were thrown out of the Junior Cup and my sons team reinstated and went on to win the Junior Cup. Another interesting point point is that Berks & Bucks had an Intermediate status, this meant 3 levels Senior, Intermediate and Junior although the latter two did play together the senior players could not drop down to play at lower levels. I know this to be the case a few years ago now and I have not heard that this has changed.

B Manning, at a guess the reason they would have got thrown out is because he would have played in the senior cup in Berks and Bucks and you cant play in the senior cup and then go down and play in the junior cup.

Take the Gloucestershire FA, they have several different County Cups, with the GFA Trophy I think the highest, then Senior, then senior amateur, Intermediate, Junior, minor. (How would reinstatement work there?), You can drop down to play in lower leagues, I have played against and alongside players form Mangotsfield (Southern League) for example, in what we would class as junior football, also on a Sunday anyone who is not a contracted player can play Sunday league. This is the same in Somerset as well.

Dave my point is take Truro out of the equation and the step level of football is a lot lower than any other county.

The CCFA only apply FA rules, they do not make the rules themselves.

Sorry, just not true. The CCFA has to work within the framework of the F.A.'s rules but it makes it's own. The CCFA has this system, however, where, since it became a limited company, the clubs have no say at all in the rules.

As an added dimension to this question, what about te Sunday Leagues. Having no control over whoever plays would be difficult. Or would players be able to sign for a club and another Sunday club?

The CCFA only apply FA rules, they do not make the rules themselves.

Sorry, just not true. The CCFA has to work within the framework of the F.A.'s rules but it makes it's own. The CCFA has this system, however, where, since it became a limited company, the clubs have no say at all in the rules.

As an added dimension to this question, what about te Sunday Leagues. Having no control over whoever plays would be difficult. Or would players be able to sign for a club and another Sunday club?

Surely with regards to the sunday leagues they should be open to any non contract players enabling more teams to form,more leagues and like saturdays you play in what league/standard suits you.As far as clubs go if your saturday club have a sunday team you play for them if not any stand alone sunday club.This is only an idea/suggestion .

Guest Urban Spaceman

i agree with general would be unfair on teams with no senior players to bring in.

i heard falmouth athletic had a few senior players to bring in