Cornwall Football Forum

PERRANPORTH

Yes unfortunatly it is true, we agreed to play the game as a re arranged game as we were omitted from the charity cup and plymstock were knocked out of the devon cup. We have had well documented problems this season with players but although it has been a struggle we have managed to get 11/12 players every week and have fullfilled our fixtures.

This week I had 11 working, 2 on holiday, 1 suspended and 2 injured which left us with 8 players available despite numerous phone calls on wednesday and thursday night. friday morning at 9am I had to admit defeat and had to get our chairman to ring the league and take advice. I know that if you have 7 to play a game but despite booking a mini bus, if i had asked the players to travel to plymouth with 7 players they would have refused.

I offered my resignation to the club as obvouisly this is not acceptable but they declined so i will continue and hopefully the players will rally round and we wont have a problem again.

I apoligise to plymstock and the league but thought that it was better to let them know as soon as possible rather than wait until saturday morning or just dont turn up.

If there are any players who would like to join and give it a go or are unhappy sitting on the bench somewhere please get in touch, we train at camborne college on thursday nights between 8 - 9 so feel free to come down.

Despite the results morale and team spirit is high and we are only 4 players away from being a mid table side, so give it a go what have you got to lose.

Thanks to all the messages of support , from having 3 players available 2 weeks before the start of the season we do have a small squad but this week was just unprecedented in people being unavailable, trust me there have been a few times this season when i have felt like just jacking it in but who would take the job ? I will just keep smiling and plodding on "Things can only get better...."

John 07577813789

Yes unfortunatly it is true, we agreed to play the game as a re arranged game as we were omitted from the charity cup and plymstock were knocked out of the devon cup. We have had well documented problems this season with players but although it has been a struggle we have managed to get 11/12 players every week and have fullfilled our fixtures.

This week I had 11 working, 2 on holiday, 1 suspended and 2 injured which left us with 8 players available despite numerous phone calls on wednesday and thursday night. friday morning at 9am I had to admit defeat and had to get our chairman to ring the league and take advice. I know that if you have 7 to play a game but despite booking a mini bus, if i had asked the players to travel to plymouth with 7 players they would have refused.

I offered my resignation to the club as obvouisly this is not acceptable but they declined so i will continue and hopefully the players will rally round and we wont have a problem again.

I apoligise to plymstock and the league but thought that it was better to let them know as soon as possible rather than wait until saturday morning or just dont turn up.

If there are any players who would like to join and give it a go or are unhappy sitting on the bench somewhere please get in touch, we train at camborne college on thursday nights between 8 - 9 so feel free to come down.

Despite the results morale and team spirit is high and we are only 4 players away from being a mid table side, so give it a go what have you got to lose.

Thanks to all the messages of support , from having 3 players available 2 weeks before the start of the season we do have a small squad but this week was just unprecedented in people being unavailable, trust me there have been a few times this season when i have felt like just jacking it in but who would take the job ? I will just keep smiling and plodding on "Things can only get better...."

John 07577813789

Well it's only a couple of years since you won the double in the Combo league! ...... then the money goes and ......... History again!! no loyalty!

Newquay have got the money this season !! The management would not be there unless the money was!!

What have Newquay got to do with Perranporths problems ?

Not to sure what Newquay AFC have to do with this thread, but I will say that you can't really compare these two clubs in terms of history and establishment as a football club. They are very different. There are plenty of clubs with budgets, not just Newquay. Priority one is to get out of the West Division!! I hope Perranporth can turn things around sooner rather than later. Good luck and keep it going John. A lesser man would have walked away by now.