Cornwall Football Forum

Combo Results and Table - Sat 30th August 2014

Usual thing, post on the forum or text to 07597907549 your scores, scorers and attendances/headcounts

Thanks

Cornwall Combination League

Saturday 30th August 2014

Falmouth Town Reserves 0-0 Ludgvan

Att - 10
Newquay Reserves (Louis Price 2, Dominic Roberts, Kieron Faulkner) 4-0 St Just

Att - 41
Perranwell (Lee Hazeldine 2) 2-1 Hayle (Craig Wilcox)

Att - 36
Porthleven Reserves 0-1 Illogan RBL Reserves (Reece Monteith)

Att - 35
Redruth United (Ben Beesley 2, James Leeson) 3-2 Helston Athletic Reserves (Dan Stidwell 2)

Att - 30
St Agnes (Mike Burn) 1-2 St Day (Gavin Boon, Chris Tolley)

Att - 40
St Ives Town 0-2 Mullion (Phil Cattran, Rob Carey)

Att - 30
Troon (Graham Cooke) 1-3 Penryn Athletic Reserves (Ross Symons, Ryan Reeve, Will Harding)

Att - 25
Wendron United (Steve Brewer 2, Ryan Tresidder 2, Chris Mulroy, Justin Searle) 6-0 Goonhavern Athletic

Att - 28

POS TEAM PL W D L F A GD PTS

1 REDRUTH 7 6 1 0 22 5 17 19

2 ST AGNES 7 6 0 1 24 6 18 18

3 MULLION 7 5 1 1 16 7 9 16

4 WENDRON 7 5 0 2 25 9 16 15

5 ST JUST 7 4 2 1 19 8 11 14

6 FALMOUTH 7 4 1 2 13 10 3 13

7 HELSTON 7 4 0 3 19 10 9 12

8 ILLOGAN 7 4 0 3 13 10 3 12

9 LUDGVAN 7 3 2 2 19 9 10 11

10 NEWQUAY 7 3 1 3 14 11 3 10

11 ST DAY 7 3 1 3 17 15 2 10

12 PERRANWELL 7 3 0 4 13 14 -1 9

13 ST IVES 7 2 1 4 8 14 -6 7

14 PENRYN 7 2 1 4 9 21 -12 7

15 GOONHAVERN 7 1 1 5 7 23 -16 4

16 HAYLE 7 1 0 6 9 23 -14 3

17 PORTHLEVEN 7 1 0 6 3 18 -15 3

18 CULDROSE 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

19 TROON 7 0 0 7 8 45 -37 0

What can you say? Yes Redruth thought to the end and fair play to them and there gaffa but I think in the whole it was a disgrace to let a head but to one of our players right infront of him go with a free kick the other way a hand ball for the third goal which ended up Redruth scoring the winner I may add in the 95th minute sorry you can't play and win games against this and it's a disappointment to see this happen! I'm not dissing the Redruth guys who thought all the way to the long ending to this game and well done to them but feel very disappointed for my players and management how this game was reffed it was blatant and unfair!! Sorry but these are facts!!! Good luck to Redruth for the rest of the season ?

Blakely I would be a little sour too if we had conceded 2 goals in last 10 and if helston had converted their earlier chances we wouldn't be having this discussion and let's face it your first was gifted through a shot slipping through our goal keepers hands who is usually an out field player!! As for head but yes you might have a shout but it's handbags and it wasn't as malicious as one would make out. Big no 5 no it wasn't beesley did everything a top striker should do today and hats off to him for the criticism he has received following the million game a few weeks back. Otherwise a very well contested game good luck to helston for rest of the season!

No was not Ben he was probably redruths best player and played a good game and fair! I agree I'm not saying the player was right to stick his head in there and the player is a friend of mine it's just not football but surely if a ref sees this he has got to react! Anyone who knows me I love to win but I will lose gracefully but I'm just not happy with the actions of the official it's to blatant!! Just being honest and clearly disappointed!

I'm not sour mate I'm disappointed as you clearly just said there was a head butt and for me that's a straight red card is it not? Not just that you scored from the disgraceful decision the ref made!! Look I'm not blaming you boys I'm blaming the official for making outrageous decisions that have cost us a game we played and thought hard for and massively didn't deserve to

Lose in and plus this all happens after the 90 mins was up!!

Blakey I am not a monopoly fan but today we used our "get out of jail card" fair play to our players for not giving up and the old saying to play badly and still win is a good sign for us! We all have games of football when we feel hard done by and hopefully throughout the season they even themselves out. good luck for the season and see you at yours in December when Mr Hendy is buying me a pint

A really good win and performance for newquay yesterday, which was needed after Tuesday's poor display. The game was over after 45 mins with newquay going in at half time 3-0 up, St just came out with more purpose in the second half, but it was newquay who added to their tally running out 4-0 winners. Superb free kick scored by Dom Roberts, don't think 2 keepers would have stopped it.

Redruth is well run club, with some great people behind the scenes. The players have taken ownership and put in so much hard work, which is reflected in how good the pitch looks. I was not there yesterday, so I cannot comment on what I didn't see. But I will say, unsavoury incidents happen in games up and down the country, every Saturday and nothing is said! Just because a team has made a good start to the season, people are getting a bit worried, they feel the need to escalate incidents and talk negatively, rather than look at all the positives. What is the saying again "people will whisper your successes, but shout your failings from the rooftop"

Rob, nobody is questioning the way Redruth is run or anything like that? I was impressed with the amount of people doing some last minute work on the pitch yesterday, and with other improvements they have made.

I don't however think anyone is escalating the behaviour on the pitch. I can only comment on what I saw yesterday, which was a Redruth player raise two hands and head butt a helston player. Regardless if it 'happens up and down the country', it isn't right, it isn't acceptable and there isn't a place for it.

Best of luck to Redruth for the rest of the season.

Think sometimes refs miss things or turn a blind eye,3 penalty appeals turned down yesterday at St Agnes one was so blatant that the spectators,management of both sides,and players saw it, except the ref,who said he did not see it,especially if your trying to make your decision from the centre circle.Well played St Day,if we are as good in defeat as we are in victory we will be a better side. COME ON THE AGGIE.

Alfieboy think you are very harsh on Alan who reffed aggie v st day . Both sides were trying to play as much football first half as poss although the grass was preventing that as it was way to long I'm sure aggie do that to help later in season . Needless to say the first half was nip and tuck with st Agnes wasting two or three good chances on goal. With 40 on the clock it looked a fairish stalemate at ht until kyle marks put Gavin boon through for a clinical finish 0-1 st day two minutes later and an edge of the box free kick resulted in Chris Tolley scoring a sweet strike 0-2 ht.

Second half and st day must have thought hell had frozen over because there was no way kimmos lads were letting them out there half. They battered and battered but wasted far to many opportunities . Finally with 20 left aggie got there goal that they thoroughly deserved. In the st day dug out they kept asking the players to carry on defending how they had been and then comes Alfie's dodgy penalty . I was bang in line with the pen and Alan the ref was not but mark , st day right back tackled superbly only to see the aggie player make the most of it. Defo no pen but seen them given. All in all st Agnes better team with many more chances , but Reno and roscoe on sat just had there first smash and grab of three points.

The Tinner's lino claimed there were several missing. Newquay made 8 changes from the defeat on Tues night.

Thanks for that baldy - perhaps cricket took its toll on players again. You never mentioned cricket when you posted after you won :) you only sing when your winning !!!!!