Cornwall Football Forum

Combo Results and Table - Sat 13th December

Can you post your results on this thread please, along with the attendance and goal scorers.

Thanks

Cornwall Combination League

Saturday 13th December
Goonhavern Athletic 0-2 Ludgvan (Jack Ramsey, Gerans James)

Att - 35
Helston Athletic Reserves (Mike Halibine 2, Jamie Clarke, Kegan McPhilbin) 4-1 Falmouth Town Reserves (Dominic Pullen)

Att - 23
Illogan RBL Reserves (Sam Waters
) 1-1 St Day (Ashley Smeeth)

Att - 40
Mullion (Alan Thomas 3, Rob Carey) 4-1 Penryn Athletic Reserves (Tom Campbell)
Att - 46
Porthleven Reserves (Steve Williams
) 1-3 Hayle (Barney Dagger, James Stevens, George Holman)

Att - 25
RNAS Culdrose
(Michael Clarke 2, Mason Pointon 2, Daniel Hindmarch, Iain Higgins) 6-3 Troon (Andy Osborn 2, Daniel Oliver)

Att - 21
Redruth United
(Ben Beesley, Carl Shorthouse) 2-1 St Ives Town (Chris Goodall)

Att - 30
St Just (Jack Willis 2, Stuart Nicholls, Gary Matthews) 4-4 St Agnes (Thadeus Vingoe 3, Jamie Springall)
Att - 30
Wendron United
(Matt Buchan 2, Luke Wort, Harry Evans, Jason Roberts, Steve Brewer) 6-0 Newquay Reserves

Att - 25

POS TEAM PL W D L F A GD PTS

1 MULLION 19 15 1 3 61 16 45 46
2 LUDGVAN 21 13 4 4 78 27 51 43
3 WENDRON 17 14 0 3 76 17 59 42
4 HELSTON 21 13 0 7 66 29 37 42
5 ST AGNES 18 13 1 4 49 27 22 40
6 REDRUTH 18 12 1 5 59 23 36 37
7 FALMOUTH 20 11 3 6 45 31 14 36
8 ST JUST 21 11 4 6 55 40 15 34*
9 ST IVES 20 11 1 8 35 38 -3 34
10 ILLOGAN 21 10 3 8 39 33 6 33
11 ST DAY 20 9 3 8 55 43 12 30
12 HAYLE 19 8 0 11 28 43 -15 24
13 PENRYN 23 6 3 14 33 61 -28 21
14 PERRANWELL 18 6 1 11 26 36 -10 19
15 GOONHAVERN 20 5 2 13 28 56 -28 17
16 CULDROSE 13 5 1 7 27 42 -15 16
17 NEWQUAY 21 4 3 14 28 60 -32 15
18 PORTHLEVEN 21 2 1 18 15 77 -62 7
19 TROON 21 1 0 20 19 122 -103 3
* Points adjusted

RNAS Culdrose 6-3 Troon (H/T 1-3)

0-1 8m

1-1 23m

1-2 25m

1-3 40m

2-3 46m

3-3 64m

4-3 80m

5-3 83m

6-3 90m

Clash of the senior teams with wires crossing the corner of the pitches. A crowd of 21 saw an entertaining game in which Troon were desperately unlucky.

The Sportsfield must be the only ground in Cornwall with it's own personal executive box!

St Ives scorer was Chris Goodall with a penalty, St Ives played most of the football against a resolute Redruth side who tended to put long balls up to their tall striker for most of the game...the Redruth keeper pulled off a couple of very good saves to keep them in the game.

Played in a good spirit and well refereed but I could not believe that the Redruth boys started trying to waste time with about 15 minutes still to play ie trying to keep the ball in the corner instead of putting free kicks into the St Ives penalty area.

I know they got the result but at this level, I assume they don t get a win bonus, the game and the spectacle is more important isn t it....

We have St just next week so another tough game in prospect...

Goonhavern 0 Ludgvan 2

Having discussed the result with the referee he considered the both goals as own goals, one off the back of the goal keeper and the other from a deflection from the defender when the keeper had it covered.

Having said that both teams tried to play good football, with Ludgvan doing more of the pressing on the home goal, and are a very impressive team.

St Ives scorer was Chris Goodall with a penalty, St Ives played most of the football against a resolute Redruth side who tended to put long balls up to their tall striker for most of the game...the Redruth keeper pulled off a couple of very good saves to keep them in the game.

Played in a good spirit and well refereed but I could not believe that the Redruth boys started trying to waste time with about 15 minutes still to play ie trying to keep the ball in the corner instead of putting free kicks into the St Ives penalty area.

I know they got the result but at this level, I assume they don t get a win bonus, the game and the spectacle is more important isn t it....

We have St just next week so another tough game in prospect...

Yeah not quite sure why Redruth did that with 15 minutes left either, St Ives were the better team in my opinion but a good contested game all round and the ref was OK. Their good run has come to an end, when was the last time St Ives won 7 consecutive games?

Culdrose scorers M Clark x 2, Pointon x 2, Iain Higgins and Daniel hindmarsh. Good win for the airman who after a poor first half raised their level and got the win. Yes Willowtree we look after Bill Pearce, as well as having the clubhouse named after him he also has his own box!

It's a nice touch for a man whose reputation precedes him.

What is his connection with Culdrose? I know he was the manager around 1974 after his refereeing days but was there more to it?

Another three points away from home Porthleven1-3 Hayle, played in good spirits A cracking strike from George for our third goal in the second half , Hayle were a bit slow to get going in the 1st half but when they did they broke with pace , a cracking passing move for the 1st goal , Portlevens midfield seemed to have the better in the 1st half but lacked a cutting edge up front , in the second half Hayle made a couple of changes to rest players with injuries , attendance about about 20 with Hayle outnumbered the home support at the beginning credit Porthleven they always make you welcolme and the pitch was in cracking condition and a lovely cup of tea as well , well done both sides as there was on show a lot of talented young players Who just want to play football ,

Like Neal said, we were a depleted squad yesterday, with 5 or more players out, for various reasons. Forcing some players to play in some unfamiliar positions. It was always going to be a tough game, playing against a confident team, who had won 7 on the bounce. Saying that, Redruth adapted their tactics, playing well, utilising the assets available to them (I think the saying is "horses for courses").

Both teams played some good football, the St Ives right winger was their best player, in my opinion and both keepers pulled off some good saves, especially before the St Ives keeper left the pitch with an injury after 25 minutes, Redruth were already 1 up at this point.

Not forgetting that, Redruth hit the bar twice and had a shot headed off the line, by a St Ives defender.

All in all, I thought it was a decent game to watch on a sticky pitch, with Redruth putting in a superb team performance, working hard all over the pitch and edging the match.

I look forward to the return fixture, I hope to have recovered and be fit to play a part

St Ives had 3/4 players out from previous week, just goes with the territory down here but as a young side we like to try and play good football throughout the game, I was not having a pop at Redruth as I had heard they were a good side and they hammered us at clijah last season, it just surprised me that they played so negatively when going 2-1 up so early in the second half...

Let's hope we both have full squads when you visit the Saltings although knowing our lot some will be off surfing and some travelling for the winter...

Good luck to Darren and Redruth for the rest of the season....

Bill was Treasurer of the Combination League and had absolutely no connection with Culdrose at the time. He was working at Holmans I believe at the time. He offered his services to run the line for Culdrose at first as he felt sorry for the amount of fines the league had imposed due to a lack of a regular lino. He went from runnung the line to running the side and became the first civilian to win the Navy Cup as manager a feat he achieved twice in 1974 and 1977. Bill told me last week that it was 40 years ago last weekend since his first game with the club. He hasn't missed many since!

We re-dedicated the Sports Pavilions in his honour in 2012. The Commanding Officer renamed them The Bill Pearce Sports Pavilions and a number of old players came to the ceremony from all over the country.

great words kevin bill have been involved with culdrose for nearly 40years ever since he packed up refereeing.he was one of the best refs ever to come from cornwall and also to this day is the only man to referee the senior cup final twice. culdrose think so highly of him not only making the shelter for him they also named their clubhouse after him. he's been manager ,secretary and lots of other things at the place truly a good man and friend.