Lanreath 1 Millbrook 0
Mevagissey v Probus (Postponed)
Nanpean Rovers 0 St Stephens Borough 6
Wadebridge Town 0 Bodmin Town 3

Monday

Premier Division

Tavistock v Callington Town (Postponed)

Nanpean 0 - 6 St Stephens Boro

The score i believe flattered Boro a little with it still being 2 nil after 60 mins and Rovers bossing the 2nd period. We were without several regulars and can be pleased the youngsters played so well for 70mins.

I must however add that Boro could be a dark horse for this league because they have 3 or 4 Quality players, and that showed in 3 of their goals, and are well organised.

It was an enjoyable game up to watch until the 3rd goal and was well refereed by Gary Cornish.

Good Luck to Boro for the rest of the season.

Watched a game on Saturday where players constantly surround the ref demanding he booked or sent other players off , the ref sent two players off , quite rightly but in one case the player who was on the receiving end threw him self to the ground after heads came together , as if he had been steam roller over , the ref was then surrounded by all in sundry screaming and shouting at the poor ref . The ref very calmly controlled the situation sending one player off and booking two others . Why do players try to control the ref by berating him while he is trying to keep the situation calm , and as for throwing your self to the ground as if you have been shot by a ak47 from the grassy knoll well this is just embarrassing . All credit to the ref though in a game of 7 bookings and 2 red cards he alone was the calmest bloke on the pitch.

Martin ain't you in bed . Yes it was me really had a enjoyable afternoon . Undertaker was right on the player surrounding me and trying to run the game but you know me Martin soon put a stop to that . Best thing was everybody seemed happy after the match . Just that my curry went cold as I wrote my reports lol

Undertaker. What match were you watching. I did not see the continual surrounding of the referee every time there was an altercation. Indeed the one person who seemed to be the center of attraction was the referee. By and large he did a very good job, but why when he has given a free kick did he have to spend two or three minutes laying down the law to the players. What happened to the commonsense approach. A quick word would have sufficed. Do not officials realize that continually berating players only gets their backs up. There were two incidents which I felt he failed in. The first was when the penalty was awarded why did a Bere player flatten a Torpoint player with a huge shove. My question for that is what constitutes violent conduct the player raised his arms in a threatening manner so should have walked. The second was after Simpson had been sent off why was the Bere No. 3 not given his marching orders for a shocking tackle on the Torpoint No 11. I appreciate referees have a difficult job but why do they make the job worse by some of their antics. There was also a case in the first half when a Torpoint player was two or three yards offside. the linesman raised his flag and kept it up for some time but the referee for some strange reason completely ignored him. And what happened Torpoint scored from the resultant corner. We need match officials and unfortunately when we see officials on the major stage make complete c*ck ups should we not expect those officiating at a lower level not to get things right.

ECPL you have a couple of valid ports , as for the incident with the penalty he didn`t shove him with any force in my eyes and the Torpoint player threw himself to the ground much like the Bere Alston player did in the incident that Undertaker mentioned , In the first half if you were watching closely enough I spoke to both Captains in respect of player confronting me over the decisions shouting about how I have to show this card or that, after I had spoken to them it ceased,, As for saying that I berated players ( you are entitled to your own opinion ) I feel that letting players know where they stand works for me . Yes I could of sent the Bere Aslton player off as mush as I could of sent the Torpoint Player of for his reaction and what he said , but I tried to use a little commonsense at the time . with the other sending offs no option . As a match official I will not usually come on here to explain the whys and wherefores of my decisions but as you were so so quick to complain about my actions I thought if I explained to you it will help you understand why I did what I did . If you were at the match ECPL you were more than welcome to come and see me after wards and ask about the game I will not bite , so please if you are ever at another game I am officiating please introduced yourself to me and we can sit over a pint and talk football ( I might even pay for the drink) your most respectfully Ian Spurling

Sorry, not when I am driving. And oh, two wrongs don't make it right. Are you honestly saying that after the Torpoint player had been almost cut in half with the tackle you were thinking of sending him off for what he said. Wow.!!!!!!!!!!!!!. I've heard everything now. Still carry on blowing the whistle.