Cornwall Football Forum

Ha Ha Ha Ha.[You know what this is about].

In all fairness,Mr Mangle.

Harry Redknapp made his intentions quite clear,from the start of the Europa Cup.

Not intrested,an oppurtunity for youngsters and fringe players.

Champions League qualification was top priority.

Well on course for that,plus the F.A.Cup is still alive,with both Manchester clubs ,out.

Not much opposition left,so we have a great chance.

Great season ahead,maybe.

Your Gooners season could be done and dusted by the weekend.

No real grounds for questioning my team,really

The future is Lillywhite,my friend.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In all fairness, Mr Somersetspur, you're right. I can't bleddy argue no matter how much I want to! Arsenal are not going to win the CL this season, and did not have a chance with this team even before the Milan drubbing. So it could be a blessing in disguise, if we get dumped out of the FA Cup too and try to make sure we get a top 4 finish. I think it is vitally important for Arsenal to finish top 4 (just like all the other teams) and even at the expense of going another year without a trophy. We do have some good players, and we are not far away from being an excellent team again, but we need to secure CL football to make sure the 2 or 3 holes we have got are filed with great players - who will only be attracted by top level footy. And I am relying on the fact that Arsene will buy in the summer of course....

Come on some-one wake me up.

I must be dreaming.

Are Arsenal really this .

Cant wait until next week.

According to Wenger,after his Champions League humiliationand F,A.Cup demise,the biggest game of the season is

against Tottenham.

I'll take that result. A good effort given that Spurs are one of the in-form teams in the league at present, and looked good for a 2-goal lead. Arsenal are still not out of the woods. They must secure 4th spot, and with Chelsea and Liverpool fighting for it too, lots of work yet to do. However, today feels good :)

Fair enough Mangle,thats pretty honest.

Deserved victory.

How come Aaron Lennon didnt get on.???????????

I know everyone wants Arry as England manager.but he got it wrong today .Big time.

Kranjcar.?????????????????????

Sandro.????????????????????????

Van Der Vaart.?????????????????????

Pretty,honest posts so far.

Ive been on various Tottenham websites,and hundreds are asking where was Lennon.

As you say Darren,Spurs are best going forward.

Bale and Lennon attacking down the wings.

Sandro,is a defensive midfield player.

Van Der Vaart,has been out for 6 weeks,so why not use Defoe.

I do not want Arry to go.But I now ask.Would it be a disaster.I dont know.

I must admit,thought the bench looked stronger than the team,today.

Its easy to jump on Arry,at 2-0 our boys should have gone on to win the game.

But when Arry said he brought on Sandro to beef up the midfield in the 2nd half is a negative move.

Lennon,would have given Arsenal a major problem,

Also last week against Stevenage,Redknapp changed tactics with 3 centre halfs because of their long ball tactics.

Why dont we play our game,surely we are good enough to beat them.

So a bad day all round.

One day Somersetspur etc might move on from their feeble little parochial arguments and wonder why the yids aren't thought of by the rest of us as a big club !

One day perhaps you'll give the manc shite a decent game instead of rolling over !

Spurs record against them is an embarrasment

Same old same old again today

Spurs inferiority complex against manure is as long as Tottenham Court Rd

And United have won what this season.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spurs are 3rd ,4pts clear of the scum and 7pts clear of Chelsea.

Arsenal,away and Man Utd,were never going to be easy.

No need to panic just yet.

Our big game is next week.Everton away.

Top 4 is the target,and the F.A.Cup.

Always have been.

No position to shout about Uniteds season.

PREMIERSHIP,RUNNERS UP.

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE, OUT.

F.A.CUP , OUT.

CARLING CUP, OUT.

Oh I forgot.

Thursday Night,Channel 5,Trophy.Suppose that is a Major Trophy,now the Mancs are in it.?

I think,Liverpool have already got a Trophy this season ,and Man City winning the Premiership,would make your season a SUCCESS.

CLASSIC.MANCS.

Calm down sss! Firstly, Spurs were somewhat unluck against ManU. I did only watch the MotD highlights, but even so, both managers were adamant that Spurs to go in 1 down at half time was virtually unbelievable. And Adebayors goal should have stood. He did not deliberatley handle the ball to stop a goal only to score himeself. That is the only decision to make. Where is the common sense? That was a goal, not even debatable in my book. And listening to those turkeys on MotD, saying is was NOT deliberate, but the correct decision was made. Eh??? You can debate a rule change, fair enough, but AT THE MOMENT, the rule stands. Not deliberate = not handball.

I am still waiting for the Spurs "wabble", and as you rightly point out, away at the Emirates and home to ManU does not indicate a "wabble". It is never good to lose game, and two on the trot is not good for confidence, so it will be a test of character away at Everton next week.

Come on the Toffees!!

Agree Mangle,Everton will be a test.SSS has tickets,so we will be cheering them on to victory.

The run in is looking kind to us.

We have already played,Man City x2,Man Utd x2,Arsenal x2,Liverpool x2,Newcastle x2,and Chelsea x1.

So if we can do something at Everton,Chelsea away is the only game left against a top 6 side[Thats if Chelsea,can stay in the top6].

Arsenal still got to go to Everton,then big home games with Newcastle,Man City and Chelsea.

Chelsea have away games at Liverpool,Arsenal and Man City,then home games against Spurs and Newcastle.

Third place is for Spurs to throw away.If they do,I cannot see Chelsea getting enough points for 4th.

Anyway,Spurs have a big F.A.Cup replay on Wednesday v Stevenage.

Lets get past them first,then on to Everton.

Arsenals nexts 5 fixtures are .. H to Spurs; A to Liverpool; H to Milan; H to Newcastle; A to Everton. Going to find out what they are made of in the next month? Difficult times if you are a Gooners fan?

Yes - good point.

I'll take

Arsenal 5 Spurs 2

Liverpool 1 Arsenal 2

Arsenal 3 Milan 0

Arsenal 2 Newcastle 1

So, although we have not played Everton yet from the above list, any thoughts what Arsenal are made of yet telithowitis.....???

Go on, tell it how it is.

Arsenals nexts 5 fixtures are .. H to Spurs; A to Liverpool; H to Milan; H to Newcastle; A to Everton. Going to find out what they are made of in the next month? Difficult times if you are a Gooners fan?

Yes - good point.

I'll take

Arsenal 5 Spurs 2

Liverpool 1 Arsenal 2

Arsenal 3 Milan 0

Arsenal 2 Newcastle 1

So, although we have not played Everton yet from the above list, any thoughts what Arsenal are made of yet telithowitis.....???

Credit where it is due. If you read my post you will see the question marks. You have found out what they are made of, great few results,at the time it was difficult times to be a gooners fan, but you can always rely on Spurs to collapse on the home run! I don't support either of them mate so don't really care. Its quite funny reading Spurfect putting himself up to be shot down all the time though!

Yes - good point.

I'll take

Arsenal 5 Spurs 2

Liverpool 1 Arsenal 2

Arsenal 3 Milan 0

Arsenal 2 Newcastle 1

Credit where it is due. If you read my post you will see the question marks. You have found out what they are made of, great few results,at the time it was difficult times to be a gooners fan, but you can always rely on Spurs to collapse on the home run! I don't support either of them mate so don't really care. Its quite funny reading Spurfect putting himself up to be shot down all the time though!

Agreed !!

And we'll take the Everton 0 Arsenal 1 result too. Not bad :)

• 2 weeks later...

Harry was on tele, during his interview he blamed the players for playing a too open game, it is the managers place to determine the method of play so should Tottenham get rid - YES but he WILL NOT get the England job.

There have been too many recent games when Arry has given the impression that he has lost the plot.

Table looks sort of something like it - altho id like to see us Gooners closer to the Blue Lady Boys.

How Spurs are 4th is beyond me. Stop punching above your weight and go and play with Villa or something.

Bye Bye Hazza, Bye Bye Gazza, Bye Bye Luka.

...'int all bad being a spurs fan tho, at least you've all got tight arses... oh and Billy Gallas is some player.

Not to concerned about you goons this weekend.

We are going to Wembley,with a great chance of a trophy.

Im not going to add anything else.

You goons are well aware how long its been for your shower.

I hear the whacky F.A. are making a new cup for the goons.

Its for finishing in the top4.

At least it will fill your empty cabinet.

Not to concerned about you goons this weekend.

We are going to Wembley,with a great chance of a trophy.

Im not going to add anything else.

You goons are well aware how long its been for your shower.

I hear the whacky F.A. are making a new cup for the goons.

Its for finishing in the top4.

At least it will fill your empty cabinet.

Snigger :)