Cornwall Football Forum

Mining Division League 1945-46

Following the 2nd World War the Mining Division football League was reformed by only three officials W S Kenyon (Germoe)Chairman--A.L.Pearce (Camborne) Secretary--J.A.Hodge (Chacewater) Treasurer

The 10 clubs which formed the 1945-46 League were.

Bartles Foundry (Pool)-Brea United-Camborne Technical College-Chacewater-Goonhavern-Hayle-Holman-Lanner-Mithian-Scorrier.

Just wondered where in Brea they had a football pitch seeing the village is very "up and down"?

Following the 2nd World War the Mining Division football League was reformed by only three officials W S Kenyon (Germoe)Chairman--A.L.Pearce (Camborne) Secretary--J.A.Hodge (Chacewater) TreasurerThe 10 clubs which formed the 1945-46 League were.Bartles Foundry (Pool)-Brea United-Camborne Technical College-Chacewater-Goonhavern-Hayle-Holman-Lanner-Mithian-Scorrier.Just wondered where in Brea they had a football pitch seeing the village is very "up and down"?

I was always led to believe Holmans didn't form till 1949 but I'm intrigued to know if their was an earlier incarnation

Yes there was a football pitch at the Veor ground where I am sure Holman's use to play.

In the mid 1960's Camborne School of Mines played there in the Cornwall Combination League but never finished the season and pulled out

As the record was expunged from records perhaps C.T.B. might know the year.

I wonder what happened to the ground entrance gates made of metal inscribed with H.S.C. ?

Postman Pat,, could u mean it may have been Camborne Athletic who played at Crane Rd back then,,, Im not sure Camborne RBL had,nt been formed then !! My memory isn't wot it used to be, but I seam to remember Camborne RBL first started up playing on the old Heathcoates ground at Roskear, before playing at veor,,!!

I know Richard played for Athletic, he won the sportsman of the year , the last year before they disbanded, I won it the previous two years,,, ive hated him soo much since !!! lol,,,, Just to be curious did u play in the first or second team for RBL ??