Cornwall Football Forum

Bodmin Town v Saltash United

I was at the first half of Bodmin v Saltash on Saturday and was surprised at the amount of abuse the referee received from the Bodmin dug out. They seemed to think that every time there was a tackle it was a foul on their player. I have noticed in the Cornish Guardian that the Bodmin manager was sent to the stands and then after the match a number of the Bodmin staff harassed the referee. It would appear from the report in the Cornish Guardian that Bodmin were upset with some of the referees decisions and on the papers website it showed a picture of the after match altercation. Will this mean a big fine for Bodmin or is it ok to abuse the match referee. Interesting thought. Any views..

ECPL - Bodmin don't have any fans, (apart from 5 or 6 OAPs that hang around behind the goal hurling abuse, but they probably don't know what internet is) so you'll do well to get any answer from them. The only person on here that represents Bodmin is Terry aka Leedsunited, and all he likes to talk about is St.Austells playing budget. So unfortunately it's unlikely you will get any form of answer to your query.

Yes leedsunited, but you and your fellow supporters of Bodmin Town must be very embarrassed with the events at Kimberley Stadium recently. Your manager made a total ass of himself.

As for the 5-6 old codgers who stand behind the oppositions goal and give the goal keeper abuse, they too are an embarrassment to Bodmin Town.

And finally, you can rely on Kevin Marriott to supply a totally biased report of any game Bodmin Town are playing in. What an amateur reporter!!

I too think the old boys who go behind the goals are a discrace to Bodmin Town.

Also think Gilby gets singled out too often. Other Managers seem to get away with worse.

Kev Marriot is a fine journalist and he is usually spot on in his reports.

Have a go at Bodmin now , as they are up near the top again. Typical.

ha ha ha , kevin marriott portayed St Austell as worse than Nazi Germany for the senior cup final and yet Gilbert gets sent off for the 95th time and tries to have a fight and it gets half a line in the Guardian!!

The bloke may may be a good reporter, but he is the most biased one Ive ever read.

Remarkable. In the edition of the Cornish Guardian that followed the senior cup final on Easter Monday, Kevin Marriott slammed St Austell for their style of play, comments and directives from their management team and their supporters behaviour. Now following Bodmins loss to Saltash at the weekend, Kevin Marriott fails to mention the Bodmin supporter threatening to punch the match official, Gilbert's abusive foul mouth and agressive behaviour towards the same match official and preventing him from entering the officials changing room.

And the reporter wonders how his integrity as a reporter comes in to question. Sees and hears only what he wants to see and hear and does the same with his reporting where Bodmin are concerned.

What I think Pugwash should know is, that reporters are supposed to be independent people who report fairly the facts that they see or are placed before them. Any reporter has a credibility to maintain, once a reporter's personnel preferences come into the equation he not only does himself a disservice, but also to the general public who are expecting honest reports to read.

With regard to Leeds Utd, he is either very niaive or just trying to say the obvious. Most if not all managers compliment the other team who has just lost, whether it is by one goal or three, that is the easy part. The difficult part comes in trying to maintain a calm when your team is losing, not only your credibility is at stake but that of your club, the motivation of players and the view of the public is extremely important.

I canny wait for morra then, see what all the fuss about Bodmin and their ever dwindling reputation of fans, players and staff with regard to repecting the refferee and his officials. If they cant keep their dummys in tomorrow playing a St. Dennis side, that on paper, should get a hammering then their reputation is going to be further damaged.

• 4 weeks later...

After reading the Cornwall Football Association webpage, I must admit it is not clear as to what the 3 match ban relates to. Surely it has to been banned from attending 3 games.

Do I feel he has been punished? Very sadly Gilbert is like a spoilt child and the Cornish FA are like uncaring parents. They threaten their child, but hey, life is too busy for them. Their child misbehaves again and they threaten him again. Each time they smack his legs, but it has little or no effect.