Cornwall Football Forum

Old rivals meet at Bickland Park tonight

SWPL Prem. Falmouth Town v St.Blazey 7-30pm ko

The last four games between the clubs have ended 1-0 to St.Blazey

Can Harry Evans continue his goal scoring record of netting in the last 5 Falmouth games.?

But it will be against a misery "Green & Blacks" defence which has only conceded 4 goals in their last 10 games.

Falmouth 0v3 St Blazey.

A decent crowd of 120 plus watched St Blazey brush past Falmouth tonight. St Blazey scored early on after a good cross and a header from Coombes. J.P in the Falmouth goal will feel he should have done better. Falmouth had a great chance to equalise but a good save kept St Blazey ahead and Falmouth didnt really threaten there after. St Blazey went 2 up when a great freekick was palmed away and Coombes followed up by smashing the ball home in off the post. It could have been more before half time but for some good saves and poor final pass. Falmouth improved in the second half but couldnt threaten St Blazey. Long range efforts flying high and wide. St Blazey finally added a third late on when a good whipped corner was flicked into the top corner.

St Blazey will feel theyve had a good return points wise since the disapointment at Stoke Gabriel. St Blazey now play Parkway at home on saturday in the league cup before 3 massive games in 8 days in the league against Goldophin, Saltash and Parkway. Some excellent matches to look forward to in the coming couple weeks.

Watched this last night - St.Blazey never really needed to get out of 3rd gear.

Town were an absolute shambles, taking nothing away from St.Blazeys victory. Town were all over the place. A lot of fans talking about the management team needs to be changed. Unfortunately for the loyal supporters, they are in for a long bseason if this is the way that Town are going to be playing. Kayne up front on his own, holds the ball up so well, but has nothing going on around him. When Harry Evans goes to Uni (which is in a couple of weeks apparently), the team, along with the locals will suffer even more. Why can't Town attract anymore?

I agree with Liam. John embraced the role under very difficult circumstances. He has just found results hard to come by for what ever reason. I witnessed the game last night and you cannot fault the application of the players that started the match.

It was very simple, St Blazey were technically the better team, end of. Graham Medlin is a decent chairman and i am sure he will manage the situation well. Throwing rumours who might be the next manager becomes boring and tedious especially when associated with another club, it's just unprofessional. Falmouth is still one of the biggest clubs in Cornwall, as a former player i hope they now move in the right direction. Good Luck Town.

Just like to say from a loyal town fan: Thanks very much to John Dent for taking the job on under difficult circumstamces and saving us from relegation last season. And before anyone says it would have been better if we had gone down, take a look at Penzance in the current Peninsula West league table.

As has been widely stated, John had a modest budget and hence was only able in general to attract modest players obviously with a few exceptions. My opinion is that Town are on a downward spiral and whoever now gets the job must be given time and crucially our full support. If he is deemed good enough to get the job, then he deserves the time to turn it around. What obviously needs to happen is that the club must be built from the bottom up. We have traditionally never relied on youth progression with the notable exception of when Neil Phillips ran the Combo team. We need a committed coaching TEAM to scour the lower leagues and youth leagues, identify talent and sell the club to them. Take Dan Green who played for us as a youngster when he could not break in to Truros team. He blossomed with us and has been Truro captain I believe. Latterly Harry Evans who is undoubtedly now our best player after joining us in similar circumstances. I would appeal to all talented young players, come to the 'town' and you will get a chance now if you are good enough. The past evidence is there!

On a positive note the club will benefit from a big change of circumstances in the near future with the selling of the ground and relocation to the Falmouth school site with it's 3G pitch etc.so the future does look a little brighter. Tha main thing is that we live within our means and build the CLUB not just the 1st Team.

On a personal note I would like to see Tommy Matthews involved, (If he wished to take it on!!) especially taking in to account his youth contacts and involvement with Falmouth School and his past history with the club.

UP THE TOWN!!

Town could look towards the 2nd team management? Just looked at the Combo league....they're doing the club proud.

Who's in charge of them?

I don't understand morph? You say "here's hoping" about john resigning so one would think you are a supporter of the club and hoping for better (if not a supporter surely would of been better for john to stay) now your asking who runs the 2s up there?? Surely any supporter would know that??

Town could look towards the 2nd team management? Just looked at the Combo league....they're doing the club proud.

Who's in charge of them?

I don't understand morph? You say "here's hoping" about john resigning so one would think you are a supporter of the club and hoping for better (if not a supporter surely would of been better for john to stay) now your asking who runs the 2s up there?? Surely any supporter would know that??

Ok, I might of said 'Heres Hoping' a little bit hasty. I do not wish to see local, historic teams, such as Falmouth, going through tough times like they are now. I wasn't aware of the 2s success (so far) this season.

Whilst the blame partly lies with your old man, I completely appreciate that it was an extremely tough task. He kept them up. Well done. Surely though, with close season, he should have been able to attract more/better players. Or even build on things.

From a few games I've watched Town play this season, there is no improvement, in my personal opinion.

He is a passionate man, & the club means a lot to him. He is up there in the top 3 keepers to ever play for Town, but just feel that it was best for the club that he steps aside.

For the record, the 'Heres hoping' comment was harsh.

Any answer to the 2nd team management? Or even players to potentially step up? It can't get any worse than what I watched the other night.

Watched this last night - St.Blazey never really needed to get out of 3rd gear.

Town were an absolute shambles, taking nothing away from St.Blazeys victory. Town were all over the place. A lot of fans talking about the management team needs to be changed. Unfortunately for the loyal supporters, they are in for a long bseason if this is the way that Town are going to be playing. Kayne up front on his own, holds the ball up so well, but has nothing going on around him. When Harry Evans goes to Uni (which is in a couple of weeks apparently), the team, along with the locals will suffer even more. Why can't Town attract anymore?

Easy one to answer unfortunately, no money. They can't attract the players from Plymouth and South Devon like they were a couple of seasons ago.