Cornwall Football Forum

Manchester United

Mangle

So the back line of Smalling, Jones and Blackett failed to put fear into the Swans?! I thought Moyes had broken all the "bad" records last season, but I see he left a couple intact! First home loss on first day of season for 42. Years, and the Swans first ever league win at Old Trafford. Hilarious!!!

Oh, dear!

It turns out that the Premier League is a trifle more difficult than winning a few meaningless kick-abouts in America. Who knew?

The funniest part of it is the way some of the Rags have already started screaming for Mr Van Halen's head after just one proper game in charge. I've heard of fickle but, dear God, this takes it into a new dimension!

Hope there's loads more of this still to come. Love it!

I expect United will now, unfortunately, change their policy of giving british players a chance and go virtually all foreign like Man City and Chelsea. In their last match Man City and Chelsea each had 2 british players in their 18 man squad and Man Utd had 10. Roll forward several years and anyone watching the premiership will be supporting foreign football. Might as well scrap the England national side.

This thread is rediculous after 1 bloody game the man utd haters are out in force well lets see what they got to say next may when utd lift the premier league trophy and fa cup

Totally agree 100%cornish, but you've got to understand the anguish these sado's have endured over the last 20 years with Man Utd winning trophy after trophy. :) However I still think it's sad that we will be watching foreign football without having to leave the country!

It is only 1 game, agreed. Plenty more games to go, and United will be fine. They only have a domestic campaign to play, so they will be a threat. But, is it not quite shocking to United fans, and hilarious to other supporters of different teams, to see what is happening? They lost Vidic, Ferdinand and Evra. Now, I am not a big fan of Ferdinand these days, his best has gone. But, Smalling, Jones and a debutant at the back. Even if Shaw was fit, good player, but young, put him in a good back 4 and he will be great, but don't look to the youngster to be the best of the back 4. I find it amazing that they have not gone out and bought some well seasoned players. And Rooney as Captain. He is an idiot. Captains need total respect from their team-mates as a player, does he have that? I don't think so. I believe that LVG has a big job on at United, and I am not sure he realises that. Yes, 20 years of Man Utd domination, we have all witnessed it, and lived with it, but now that is over, we can start to revel in this disintegration, and the speed at which it has occurred. Fergusons legacy, a poor squad handed over.

What makes me laugh,is not long ago,Man Utd supporters claimed that their noisey neighbours only won the League because

they bought it.

Now LVG has identified problems at United,what is his solution.?

Oh he is going into the Transfer market to spend millions,trying to improve their squad.

Just could'nt make it up,could you.COMICAL.

Utd are 4 or 5 players away from being a strength again. At least one centre half, striker, midfielder, right back and another.

They had the class of 92 which has now come to the end. No club will ever have anything like that again. That group of players saved them millions

However, they also have glazers who are milking the club dry.

Long may it continue

Probably most non utd fans are pleased about utd decline ? Could be partial jealousy or just dislike for the arrogance of some utd fans , will they follow Liverpool fall from winning league titles ? Who knows but the media still gives them lots of coverage , as they are still put on a pedestal by the same

That will never happen because of the money in the game now. Liverpool fell behind because they missed the boat of the inception of the premier league, they didn't market and invest as well as Utd did. Utd will continue to get money in and will always be a draw for the players. However, a couple of years away from Champions League and recovery may take a little longer.

Going into the Transfer market to spend millions,trying to improve their squad

I must say I enjoyed the way Spurs completely wasted all the money they got for Gareth Bale :)

Just could'nt make it up,could you.COMICAL. :yahoo:

A little blinkered Goldenballs,sorry eye.

Judge the money spent at the end of this season.

How many times do we here the pundits say,it takes a season to adapt to the Premiership.

Did you see Saldado's goal last night.???????

Did you see the two assists from Lamela last night.??????

Did you see that class finish from our new defender last Saturday.???????????????

Yes ,money down the drain.

CLUELESS, comes to mind.

Hold on, a back 3 of Jones, Smalling and Blacknell failed to put the fear of god into The Black Cats? Deja Vu? Sure I've said this before. I know, spend a gazillion quid on a quick winger, with 1 year left on his contract. That'll work. Rob, as opposed to making a snide remark, let us have a balanced view of a United supporter. What is going on? You can't be happy? You must be watching this start to the Premier League behind a cushion?

Di Maria 63 million ? Obviously Louis Van Morrison didn't watch his performance in the World Cup semi-final and his terrible scoring record for Rael Madrid. Desperate !

Not a patch on Jesus Navas.

Prefers Mary to Jesus ! Bet he eats fish on Fridays ! In nomine domine homine womine !

And Spuds top of the league. "Surely some second coming is at hand" !!!

I'm shocked!

How could you accuse the Rags of hypocrisy by trying to spend their way out of trouble? Surely they're far too noble and high minded to attempt any such thing, and sixty three million quid is a trifling sum to spend on that Tia Maria chap, isn't it?

Anyway, it won't make much difference. Mr Van Gogh is trying to paper over the cracks and, deep down, I think he probably knows it. The fact that Real are happy to offload one of their surplus players to United is significant, for it shows that they no longer regard them as serious rivals on the European scene. It's just like last season, when Chelsea didn't mind shoving Mata off to the Swamp because they don't see the Reds as direct opposition to their Premier League title hopes.

The times they are a changing, as the song says. But I must admit, I'm a little surprised by precisely how far they are changing with regard to United.

As a Man Utd supporter fo 50 years I'm not bothered - seen it all before - including relegation to the 2nd division. How many supporters of other clubs, if they told the truth, would accept a few lean seasons in exchange for what Man Utd have won over the last 20 years. Anyway continue to enjoy Man Utd's poor start to the season, I know I would if I supported another club. I remember how happy I felt when Man City were relegated to the old third division in the late 1990's. :)

Why has he spent all that money on an attacking midfielder? Mind boggling. Furthermore, I had my money on Argentina for the World Cup. When De Maria got injured, and the other guy came in for him, can't recall his name, I honestly thought he was a better player. So to break the transfer record, I am amazed at what is going on. Moyes was not given enough time, Ferguson left a threadbare team, and LVG does not appear to understand the task he has in front of him. But by eck is this entertaining:)

Bearing in mind the somewhat shaky start to the season that United have endured so far, perhaps a new club anthem might help them to begin afresh and shake off their current torpor. They need to take the field at Old Trafford to a sound that encapsulates the current times they are living in, not some old ditty or other that simply harks back to a bygone era.

In view of their performance in Milton Keynes this evening, I am tempted to suggest that 'Wilderness', a song penned by Ian Curtis and which appears on Joy Divisions 'Unknown Pleasures' album, might be just the sort of thing they are looking for. Or perhaps others may feel that 'Down, Down' by Status Quo would be more appropriate.

What do the rest of you think?

As always, I am simply trying to be part of the solution.