Cornwall Football Forum

Promotion to Jollys Combination?

Should always be promotion/relegation regardless of how many teams in the league, as long as the teams wanting to go up meet the minimum requirements. Just for example, if Troon don't win a game this season, and pick up a few draws, do they deserve to be in the league on a technicality, over a side in Trelawney Prem who have earned the right to go up? I think not.

Technicality or not, in my opinion there should always be promotion/ relegation. If one has to go down and 2 up, so be it. If there isn't a second team that can go up for whatever reason, then the bottom combo side stays up. As for the requirements, whatever they are now should be adhered to, or a plan must be in place to rectify anything within 12 months. Only my opinion!

I would imagine that there will only be 18 clubs in Combination football next season. 1 team promoted to the SWPL (West)with no relegation. Two teams promoted from Trelawney Prem as long as they pass ground grading and meet all the criteria required and two teams relegated.

Sorry to disagree Teddyboy, everything is set in stone - of at least covered by League Rules and the agreements between the two Leagues !

If a team is promoted to step 7 (there will be no relegation from SWPL at the end of this season) that would leave two vacancies in the Combination League and so room for two teams to be promoted from Trelawny League Premier (if they finish in a promotion position and their facilities are deemed adequate) - with no relegation. If no-one is promoted to Step 7, the the Club finishing bottom in the Combination League would be relegated if there are two successful applications for promotion from the Trelawny League: if only one application is successful, the Club finishing bottom of the Combination League would escape relegation.

Under current Combination League Rules, the only way to have less than 20 Clubs is for Clubs to retire from the League or be voted out for gross misconduct; a maximum of two Clubs can be relegated and only two can be promoted from the Trelawny League.

Have just heard there will be NO promotion this season due to the mentioned league going down to 18 teams!

Thoughts?

John they way I interpreted the above statement is that there was no chance of promotion from the Trelawny to the Combo at the end of the season seeing as this is posted in the Trelawny section.

That it had been decided between the leagues to reduce the size of the Combo.

John is like 'yoda' on these sort of thing pointers........according to the rules 2 clubs will be able to be promoted if they meet the criteria and depending how many seek promotion to the SWPL and how many teams are left in the league will decide if any relegation will take place......if the combo want to reduce to a max of 18 for the 15/16 season they would have had to have made that decision at the last AGM in June 14 the earliest that they can reduce the league will be at next years AGM for it to come into force for the following 16/17 season