Cornwall Football Forum

Question for referees/SWPL clubs

Is it right that referees get free admission to watch SWPL games? Apparently a referee was moaning because he had to pay £5 last night.

I wasn't aware that referees get free admission if that was the case.

if u get a card off the ccfa u can get into games free but I had to pay £5 yesterday to watch st Austell

They do have a big wage bill - that was a comment from a wag who watched it :D

There's probably a rule about not accepting hospitality outside of FA or Corporate appointments.

If my match is off I will go and watch a local game, I can afford £3 to watch ECFL Or £5 for SWPL (plus cost of a pasty and then a pint in the clubhouse) .

I once paid to watch a ECFL game at Pennygillam and was then asked to replace the Assistant who had not turned up. I got a pasty afterwards but they didn't refund my entry fee !!

If he / she is entitled to free admission they will have a pass issued to them.

If not then pay like everybody else.

I went to watch Torpoint ECPL play Callington and Andrew Long offered me free admission as Torpoint club president - I paid my money as at the end of the day every penny counts

It certainly does! With the £40 fee the ref receives along with travelling expenses especially when going into Devon, and the free hospitality received with food etc at the club, they certainly can afford any admission fee. They are in a much more better financial position than most of us. Once again a stupid decision of the Cornwall FA1

It certainly does! With the £40 fee the ref receives along with travelling expenses especially when going into Devon, and the free hospitality received with food etc at the club, they certainly can afford any admission fee. They are in a much more better financial position than most of us. Once again a stupid decision of the Cornwall FA1

I'd love a £40 fee and expenses please tell me which league I can get this!?

Also the Cornwall FA only give passes to council members and Assessors only. No referee should be admitted to the ground without payment unless the club insist. If this is so I normally have a few goes on the 50/50 and put some money behind the bar/catering facility.