Cornwall Football Forum

Falmouth Town First Team Manager

I've been asked by the club to post here inviting applications for the position of first team manager at Falmouth Town. Anyone who is interested please apply in writing to the club at:

Falmouth Town AFC

Bickland Hill

Falmouth

Cornwall

TR11 4PB

Alternatively telephone 07899 957548.

Thank you.

Stepped in when he was really needed???

Not sure that was the case, think i remember someone saying in the newspaper that 'Falmouth was the only club i would leave them for', quoted when he was at Penzance.

I do understand that Managers are up against it nowadays especially at that level and it cant have been easy at Falmouth trying to get players to travel to the likes of Witheridge, Cullompton, and many more places up that way when they could play local football close to home every week but thats all part of being a manager.

I hope Teflon 123 is incorrect when he says the travelling has a bearing on players turning out for Falmouth. For instance, women footballers and hockey players regularly travel much further than Witheridge for away games and probably dont even get paid for it. Whatever happened to playing for the love of the game and testing yourself at the highest level you can?

Best of luck by the way to Wayne Hughes who is a local boy and deserves a go at it. However, is it a permanent appointment or are we waiting for a so-called "Big Name" to apply. Lets make the decision now and give the club some much-needed stability.

Up the Town!

Personally I agree Dave. The managers who have won success over the years but havent recreated it at other clubs are possibly old news too. An infiltration of younger managers who are in touch with both modern thinking and modern football may just be what the game needs. Its the natural progression for some, to go from retirement from playing to managing and even player/manager and rotation has to happen at some point!

These are my personal views not necessarily those of Falmoth Town

You won't get no BIG names without a BIG budget, its the only way those type of manager can manage.

If John had had a decent budget, I'm quite sure he would have got you a cracking team, he's got the gift of the gab.

But....he will always be a pain in the arse, and always welcome at my club, unless of course he's sniffing for players.

I would love to have a crack at management but unfortunately all I keep hearing is how much experience have you got what level did you play at. I stopped playing at 21 but have been involved with peninsular football as assistant. I couldn't even get an interview at East Cornwall league level.

Glad to see Wayne has been given a chance, shared a few beers with him back at the end of May at the Camborne lions reunion night, was a top player, is a top bloke, got fal ressies at the business end of the table this season so why not let him have a shot at the firsts, so much negativity on here at times , give a bloke a chance after he is willing to take a chance himself