Cornwall Football Forum

F.A Cup - Saturday Sept 13th 2014

FA cup,

Oh Dear so Truro city who according to the West Briton were favorites, to win, got beaten by a team a League below them,

Always crow when you win, but hardly a whimper when you lose,

Test Question for the wonderful City supporters, which is the only Cornish Club to have reached the Second round of the FA cup on more than one occasion ?

Forgotten, this club may at the moment be having difficult times, but they will be back that I am sure of, Still don't know? , FALMOUTH TOWN OF COURSE,

White Tigers, !! What a silly name, Now I know full well that Somersetspurs, & Theolderigetthebetteriwas, will delight in replying to this, because they both hate Falmouth Town,

But I love a bit of friendly banter, it helps to keep me going in my old age,

PS I was told yesterday, Liam Eddy left City because St Austell could afford to pay him more to play for them than Truro City.

Hammers :c::):c:

FA cup,

Oh Dear so Truro city who according to the West Briton were favorites, to win, got beaten by a team a League below them,

Always crow when you win, but hardly a whimper when you lose,

Test Question for the wonderful City supporters, which is the only Cornish Club to have reached the Second round of the FA cup on more than one occasion ?

Forgotten, this club may at the moment be having difficult times, but they will be back that I am sure of, Still don't know? , FALMOUTH TOWN OF COURSE,

White Tigers, !! What a silly name, Now I know full well that Somersetspurs, & Theolderigetthebetteriwas, will delight in replying to this, because they both hate Falmouth Town,

But I love a bit of friendly banter, it helps to keep me going in my old age,

PS I was told yesterday, Liam Eddy left City because St Austell could afford to pay him more to play for them than Truro City.

Hammers :c::):c:

Well.well,well.If it aint our old Wet spammer and Falmouth loyal supporter crawling out the woodwork.

It was the F.A.Cup.

Shocks happen.Truro didnt deserve anything yesterday.

As for crowing.Please tell me who is daft enough to crow about a defeat.

Suppose you must be good at it with the teams you follow.

Now you can go and have a lie down for a few weeks,because Truro will get back to winning ways,next week,and we all know where you go when Truro win.

Oh and by the way.WEST HAM 0 SPURS [with 10 men ] 1.

Now, now hammers, I do not hate Falmouth town, just have the same disdain for their supporters as Truro. When you were top of the tree you lot were no better than the Truro ones of today. Lording it, and crowing over all and sundry. Conveniently forgetting the shite you were, and are.....still both in.

I have a lot of good old pals at Falmouth, in fact grew up with a lot of them, they of course are excluded from my comments.

Where are the gobshites now....gone of course, OH!!!! maybe one or two left dreaming.

Dreadful performance! Very different team and different manager, but still Truro can't get in the frame of mind to massacre a team from a lower division! The Truro Effect!

Playing "You're an Embarrassment" by Madness afterwards, though: a sacking offence, surely? Disrespectful to the team, I thought. Even though on the day they were VERY poor - though they'll know that anyway.

Dreadful performance! Very different team and different manager, but still Truro can't get in the frame of mind to massacre a team from a lower division! The Truro Effect!

Playing "You're an Embarrassment" by Madness afterwards, though: a sacking offence, surely? Disrespectful to the team, I thought. Even though on the day they were VERY poor - though they'll know that anyway.

Strangely muted atmosphere on and off the pitch, felt like a Saturday afternoon watching the cricket certainly in the first half, Larkhall deserved to win pure and simple, thought their No.9 was pretty decent on the other hand a suspect keeper at the back should've had more pressure lumped on him, hit the bar and post late on and on another day who know's? fair play to the oppo' though, they wanted it more on the day. disappointed yesterday but up to the team to put it right at Burnham next weekend.

agree about the choice of song to play as the lads trooped off, plain wrong.

Hammers.wrote:- Test Question for the wonderful City supporters, which is the only Cornish Club to have reached the Second round of the FA cup on more than one occasion ?

NO Cornish teams have ever reached the second round of the FA Cup, Falmouth reached the 1st round on 3 occasions losing to Oxford United and Peterborough United twice.

Falmouth Town's record.

F.A. CUP

1962-63 1Q BARNSTAPLE TOWN H 1-1
1Qr BARNSTAPLE TOWN A 3-1
2Q ST BLAZEY H 1-0
3Q BIDEFORD H 1-1
3Qr BIDEFORD A 3-0
4Q BATH CITY H 2-1
1 OXFORD UNITED H 1-2
1963-64 4Q BATH CITY A 0-2
1964-65 1Q NEWTON ABBOT SPURS A 1-1
1Qr NEWTON ABBOT SPURS H 3-2
2Q ST BLAZEY A 1-2
1965-66 2Q ST BLAZEY A 1-4
1966-67 1Q BIDEFORD H 0-3
1967-68 1Q PENZANCE H 4-1
2Q WADEBRIDGE TOWN H 6-0
3Q BIDEFORD H 3-1
4Q MINEHEAD A 2-1
1 PETERBOROUGH UNITED A 2-5
1968-69 1Q PENZANCE A 4-3
2Q BIDEFORD H 2-1
3Q WADEBRIDGE TOWN A 2-2
3Qr WADEBRIDGE TOWN H 3-1
4Q WATERLOOVILLE H 2-2
4Qr WATERLOOVILLE A 1-1
4Qr2 WATERLOOVILLE H 1-2
1969-70 1Q BIDEFORD A 2-1
2Q PENZANCE H 1-0
3Q WADEBRIDGE TOWN A 5-0
4Q TON PENTRE H 1-1
4Qr TON PENTRE A 1-1
4Qr2 TON PENTRE H 1-0
1 PETERBOROUGH UNITED H 1-4
1970-71 1Q TRURO CITY H 5-1
2Q ST BLAZEY A 2-3
1971-72 1Q TRURO CITY H 3-2
2Q BIDEFORD A 1-3
1972-73 PRE TRURO CITY A 0-1
1973-74 1Q ST BLAZEY A 3-1
2Q BARNSTAPLE TOWN H 4-1
3Q BIDEFORD H 3-3
3Qr BIDEFORD A 1-1
3Qr2 BIDEFORD H 2-2
3Qr3 BIDEFORD A 2-2
3Qr4 BIDEFORD N 1-2 @ Plymouth Argyle
1974-75 1Q NEWQUAY H 2-0
2Q MINEHEAD A 2-3
1975-76 1Q NEWQUAY H 5-1
2Q BARNSTAPLE TOWN H 4-0
3Q PENZANCE A 3-0
4Q YEOVIL TOWN H 1-5
1976-77 1Q BRIDGWATER TOWN A 4-2
2Q NEWQUAY H 8-0
3Q YEOVIL TOWN H 2-0
4Q MINEHEAD H 1-1
4Qr MINEHEAD A 0-3
1977-78 1Q NEWQUAY H 0-1
1978-79 1Q BIDEFORD A 1-2
1979-80 PRE BARNSTAPLE TOWN H 1-2
1980-81 1Q LISKEARD ATHLETIC H 1-1
1Qr LISKEARD ATHLETIC A 3-2
2Q SALTASH UNITED H 2-1
3Q TAUNTON TOWN A 0-1
1981-82 PRE PENZANCE H 2-2
PREr PENZANCE A 2-2
PREr2 PENZANCE H 1-0
1Q NEWQUAY H 2-0
2Q TORRINGTON H 1-0
3Q BIDEFORD A 0-1
1982-83 1Q WIMBORNE TOWN H 1-2
1983-84 PRE BRIDGWATER TOWN H 0-1
1988-89 1Q GLASTONBURY H 3-0
2Q SALTASH UNITED H 2-2
2Qr SALTASH UNITED A 0-5
1989-90 PRE TORRINGTON A 1-1
PREr TORRINGTON H 4-2
1Q ST BLAZEY H 1-1
1Qr ST BLAZEY A 0-1
1990-91 PRE ST AUSTELL A 4-0
1Q DORCHESTER TOWN H 2-4
1991-92 PRE BIDEFORD A 3-2
1Q MINEHEAD H 2-0
2Q LISKEARD ATHLETIC A 1-5
1992-93 PRE ST BLAZEY A 4-1
1Q ELMORE H 2-0
2Q BATH CITY H 0-3
1993-94 PRE MELKSHAM TOWN A 0-1
1994-95 PRE BIDEFORD A 1-2
1995-96 PRE FROME TOWN H 3-0
1Q WESTON SUPER MARE H 1-1
1Qr WESTON SUPER MARE A 0-5
1996-97 PRE BARNSTAPLE TOWN H 3-0
1Q CIRENCESTER TOWN A 0-2
1997-98 PRE WIMBORNE TOWN A 2-3
1998-99 PRE DEVIZES TOWN H 1-0
1Q WIMBORNE TOWN H 3-1
2Q TIVERTON TOWN H 1-0
3Q WORCESTER CITY A 1-3
1999-00 PRE BIDEFORD H 1-2
2000-01 EP MELKSHAM TOWN A 0-1
2001-02 PRE DOWNTON A 3-0
1Q ODD DOWN H 2-1
2Q MANGOTSFIELD UNITED A 1-10
2002-03 PRE BRISTOL MANOR FARM H 2-0
1Q EVESHAM UNITED H 1-2
2003-04 EP SHEPTON MALLET A 1-0
PRE BISHOP SUTTON A 0-1
2004-05 EP HIGHWORTH TOWN A 1-2
2005-06 PRE BRIDPORT A 3-0
1Q CHIPPENHAM TOWN A 0-4
2006-07 PRE BISHOP SUTTON H 1-2
2007-08 EP FROME TOWN H 1-2
2008-09 EP SHAFTESBURY [DORSET] A 2-2
EPr SHAFTESBURY [DORSET] H 4-2
PRE TRURO CITY H 0-4
2009-10 EP ILFRACOMBE TOWN A 1-0
PRE WILLAND ROVERS H 1-1
PREr WILLAND ROVERS A 1-2
2010-11 EP ILFRACOMBE TOWN A 4-4
EPr ILFRACOMBE TOWN H 1-2
2011-12 EP BODMIN TOWN A 3-6

Hammers you also wrote:- I was told yesterday, Liam Eddy left City because St Austell could afford to pay him more to play for them than Truro City.

Agree Liam is a good local player but suspect he was offered what he was worth at Southern League standard, I still think it mad to pay players at Peninsula league standard.

Agree your club have a proud record but non league supporters whoever they support deserve respect.

Both on the Football Club History Database and the Falmouth Town stats site, it does suggest the game against Oxford was in the First Round Proper.

I've also taken this from another Falmouth Town source : "The following season saw Town’s place established in Cornish football history when they secured a place in the First Round proper of the F.A. Cup, a feat no other Cornish team has achieved. Having overcome the challenge of Barnstaple Town, St Blazey, Bideford and Bath City to reach this stage, Town put up a brave fight against Football League newcomers Oxford United. In front of the ground record 8,000 crowd, Town finally succumbed 1-2. This feat was repeated in 1967, when Town lost 2-5 away to Peterborough United, and in 1969 when the same team came to Bickland and emerged 4-1 victors. "

Although let's be fair, Falmouth have still done what no other Cornish club has done and three times! Still something for the Bickland club to be very proud of. :c:

For me and my generation, Falmouth will always be the club to beat, their record demands respect, although that was also done on the back of a large debt as well. Truro are only starting their history in a way....it just had a shite start to their rise, and carry that debt as well.

Truro only now starting their history.?

Are you for real.?Where do get this rubbish from.

Truro City only just celebrated ,125 years HISTORY.

So Clubs that dont rise up the Leagues,have got no history.

Absolute garbage.

Every Football Club got history,no matter how high a standard they play.or have played.

In 1975-76 when Town beat Penzance at Penlee Park 3-0 in the 3Q Round, there were 1,800 spectators in the ground. If only we could all see those numbers again.

How accurate or roughly accurate is that gate figure, Paul ? as I can add it to the official history record.

In the next 4th.Q/Rd. Home v Yeovil Town I have an attendance figure of 2109 -taken from the "Ciderspace" Yeovil history.

Considered to be the top two Non League sides in the South West Yeovil gave Falmouth a tanking 1-5 but the following season in the F A Cup Falmouth turned over Yeovil 2-0 at Bickland Park.

I dont have a gate figure for this tie,

Does anyone have any memories of these cup ties with Yeovil -I know there was crowd trouble in both games.

Now, now hammers, I do not hate Falmouth town, just have the same disdain for their supporters as Truro. When you were top of the tree you lot were no better than the Truro ones of today. Lording it, and crowing over all and sundry. Conveniently forgetting the shite you were, and are.....still both in.

I have a lot of good old pals at Falmouth, in fact grew up with a lot of them, they of course are excluded from my comments.

Where are the gobshites now....gone of course, OH!!!! maybe one or two left dreaming.

Whatever happened to the Falmouth Town "F Troop" ? Oh I FORGOT THEY GOT A HAMMERING AT TRURO. :ninja:

Bleddy hell !!! that's a lot of work to prove a point, well done mountaineer....respect from me for that.

No quite easy, just google FCHD followed by the club name you are interested in and you get even more than that.

It was a Highlight then Control C (cut) and Control V (paste) job. just about the only thing I can do on a computer otherwise useless.

FCHD = Football Club History Database.

In 1975-76 when Town beat Penzance at Penlee Park 3-0 in the 3Q Round, there were 1,800 spectators in the ground. If only we could all see those numbers again.

How accurate or roughly accurate is that gate figure, Paul ? as I can add it to the official history record.

In the next 4th.Q/Rd. Home v Yeovil Town I have an attendance figure of 2109 -taken from the "Ciderspace" Yeovil history.

Considered to be the top two Non League sides in the South West Yeovil gave Falmouth a tanking 1-5 but the following season in the F A Cup Falmouth turned over Yeovil 2-0 at Bickland Park.

Does anyone have any memories of these cup ties with Yeovil -I know there was crowd trouble in both games.

That figure is near enough spot on.

There were huge numbers of Falmouth supporters, as many as Penzance had. You were all down the far side and in the corner opposite our t-hut.

F-Troop spent an enjoyable evening scrapping all over Penzance Town center, bus station, railway station, etc.

There were three coach loads of Falmouth supporters who stopped at the Queens Hotel and chased us Penzance boys up the side roads. Plus there were other coaches of normal supporters.

Remember Mike, Penzance had just won the league and we were getting 3-400 at home games, so with the added attraction of the FA Cup and Falmouth Town it was quite a big crowd and rumble.

Happy days.

Bleddy hell !!! that's a lot of work to prove a point, well done mountaineer....respect from me for that.

No quite easy, just google FCHD followed by the club name you are interested in and you get even more than that.

It was a Highlight then Control C (cut) and Control V (paste) job. just about the only thing I can do on a computer otherwise useless.

This FCHD reference site was compiled and continually updated by our own Forum Member Richard Rundle.

So a courtesy mention should be in order when using the information for programme use and other published works.

That figure is near enough spot on.

There were huge numbers of Falmouth supporters, as many as Penzance had. You were all down the far side and in the corner opposite our t-hut.

F-Troop spent an enjoyable evening scrapping all over Penzance Town center, bus station, railway station, etc.

There were three coach loads of Falmouth supporters who stopped at the Queens Hotel and chased us Penzance boys up the side roads. Plus there were other coaches of normal supporters.

Remember Mike, Penzance had just won the league and we were getting 3-400 at home games, so with the added attraction of the FA Cup and Falmouth Town it was quite a big crowd and rumble.

Happy days.

Thanks Paul I will put that on record.

I of course was at Penlee Park that day but most definitely on the "goody" normal supporters coach lol

Penzance were a top side then and one of the big fixtures of the season.

I will dig out the programme and rattle off some of the star names for you.

I bet John Mead played that day.

Truro are only starting their history (in a way) the bracketed comment SSS read it and understand it. Before your most recent history you could have been truro city .....who are ya united compared to Falmouth. They will always be top dog to my generation, and to nearly all in Cornwall....can't help it if you don't like it.

Playing The Madness song was not TOM, it was me Mikey, It was a tongue in cheek, BUT! I take on your comments, and will play something that is deemed not offence also I apologise to all.

Truro are only starting their history (in a way) the bracketed comment SSS read it and understand it. Before your most recent history you could have been truro city .....who are ya united compared to Falmouth. They will always be top dog to my generation, and to nearly all in Cornwall....can't help it if you don't like it.

Oh O.K.

Why put in a way.Cant you make you mind up.Bottom line is,what a pointless comment.

My whole arguement is exactly what you quote,Man Utd compared to Falmouth.

ALL Clubs have got HISTORY.

May be you want to practice what you preach.

This FCHD reference site was compiled and continually updated by our own Forum Member Richard Rundle.

So a courtesy mention should be in order when using the information for programme use and other published works.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cracking that joke Mike has put a smile on my face so time for bed.

The difference in class renders the need of a Truro City v Falmouth Town programme unlikely, recent hammerings resulted

in the Wilkes Cup challenge being aborted similar to one sided fights in boxing being declared - NO CONTEST.

Thank you mike, Sorry mountaineer, it was the second round of the FA trophy,

But the ist round proper has stood for a long time now, so come on you other Cornish clubs, go one better, no record can stand for Ever,

I see somersetspur is :c::yahoo::c: still talking the same old rubbish, still supporting the toothless Tigers who yesterday only drew with a team they confident of beating, Ha! Ha! Ha!,

Hammers

SSS wrote I was there.

Supporting my local team.

So was I and still as sick as a parrot. - It was player error that did for us this time.

Burnham had a number of new players, that happens a lot in the Southern League

when playing teams located close to the big cities like London, Birmingham and Bristol.

Thank you mike, Sorry mountaineer, it was the second round of the FA trophy,

But the ist round proper has stood for a long time now, so come on you other Cornish clubs, go one better, no record can stand for Ever,

I see somersetspur is :c::yahoo::c: still talking the same old rubbish, still supporting the toothless Tigers who yesterday only drew with a team they confident of beating, Ha! Ha! Ha!,

Hammers

TRURO CITY won last night,so I suppose you will be very quiet.

Until the next time Truro lose.Cheerio.