Cornwall Football Forum

Combo Fixtures - Saturday 17th January 2015

Here are the fixtures below.

Can you text me any results, scorers and attendances please on 07597907549 or post on this thread.

Thanks

Saturday 17th January 2015

Cornwall Combination League

Goonhavern Athletic 0-0 Illogan RBL Reserves 

Att - 31
Hayle (Barney Dagger 2, Billy Foster3-4 St Just (Jack Willis, Darren Steadman, Ashley Ellis, Graham Stirr) 

Att - 38

Helston Athletic Reserves (Keith Jacka1-4 St Agnes (Thadeus Vingoe, Sam Kay, Dan O'Toole, Adam Barnicoat) 

Att - 30
Ludgvan (Kelvin Snell, Gerans James, Kameron Collins, OG 25-0 Penryn Athletic Reserves 

Att - 55
Perranwell 0-1 Falmouth Town Reserves (Dominic Pullen)

Att - 38
RNAS Culdrose (Paul Wright1-3 St Ives Town (Max Davies 2, Alex Brown) 

Att - 15
Redruth United P-P Newquay Reserves
St Day (Ashley Smeeth 3, Tom Langford 3, Jacob Cleverly) 7-3 Troon (Dan Oliver, Jason Phillips, Jamie Marles)

Att - 53 

POS TEAM PL W D L F A GD PTS

1 MULLION 23 18 2 3 70 19 51 56
2 LUDGVAN 24 15 5 4 89 29 60 50
3 WENDRON 21 16 1 4 95 25 70 49
4 ST AGNES 22 16 1 5 65 33 32 49
5 HELSTON 25 14 1 9 72 38 34 46
6 ILLOGAN26 14 4 8 48 38 10 46
7 ST IVES 25 15 1 9 55 49 6 46
8 FALMOUTH 24 14 3 7 54 37 17 45
9 ST JUST 25 13 5 7 70 53 17 41*
10 REDRUTH 21 13 1 7 63 27 36 40
11 ST DAY 25 10 5 10 66 54 12 35
12 HAYLE 22 8 0 14 31 50 -19 24
13 PENRYN 27 7 3 17 39 74 -35 24
14 NEWQUAY 25 6 4 15 36 72 -36 22
15 PERRANWELL 23 6 3 14 32 49 -17 21
16 GOONHAVERN 25 6 3 16 31 66 -35 21
17 CULDROSE 15 5 1 9 29 48 -19 16
18 PORTHLEVEN 24 3 1 20 19 82 -63 10
19 TROON 24 1 0 23 23 144 -121 3
* Points adjusted

What a game 3-1 ht to St.Just 3-3 with about 5 mins left and a winner from St.Just in the dying moments. att 38 , scorers for Hayle Barney Dagger 2 Billy Foster 1 ,A great second half from the team and unlucky to not hold on for a point ,St.Just defended well and were dangerous on the break plenty of neutrals watching and they would have enjoyed the game, well reffed by Pete Grenville ( sorry about the spelling) some robust tackling from both sides and the pitch was very slippy in the second half after the heavy shower ,some lovely passing moves from Hayle and St,just are a very good side but they would realise they were in a game this afternoon,well played both teams and that 90 mins flew by.

Did not see first half of the hayle v st just game so cannot give a full account but based on second half hayle deserved a share of the points. Good goals from Barney second half and in fairness if your centre back picks the ball up just outside his own box and runs through all the way to prod home from 8 yards you could say he deserved it. As a neutral was a cracking game to watch

Have not posted on the forum for while but after the game between Perranwell v
Falmouth Town I,d thought I would. Nothing against Falmouth players or managers
they are a good bunch of lads and nice to see Domo and Ricky again.
Just felt for the perran lads after going a goal down and not giving up ,scored
a good goal in the dying minutes only for the linesman to put his flag up for
offside , when there was no offside what so ever.This is the same thing as he did
when we played down at Town .If Falmouth need the points that much well be it ,
but lino don't CHEAT to get them.

These are my thoughts and nothing to do with Perranwell football club.

Ricky D.

Having watched the Perranwell v town game AND being a falmouth follower myself, I must say the goal didn't look offside at all either the linesman made an honest mistake (which is probably the case) or he has indeed thought my team are 1-0 up with 2 mins to play I'm going to flag here, having watched a lot of combo football over the years I know there has been a lot of "interesting" decisions in the past it's just a shame that some fill the need to take the game into there own hands! Just let the football be played and the better team win I say, I don't like falmouth being associated with the word "cheat" but in all honesty I must say the decision was nearly as bad as the Tottenham dis-alowed goal over the week #shambles

Unless you are smack bang in line, and more importantly, watching the back line and not the play.....then you would be hard pressed to make a right call. Because.....you are watching the game, the lino does not, they watch for where players are when the ball is played and not when the player receives it, and that is completely different.

There are of course what I would call reliable linos, but the good old ref usually susses them out.

Feel the remark Cheat is very strong and also mis guided.

Being Falmouth's Manager i would obviously stick up for our linesman but considering the amount of times i have had a heated discussion with Shane where he has given a 50-50 decision against us i really don't think he would have flagged unless the lad was offside. When there is a flick on in the box like that unless you are directly inline with it its very difficult to judge.

As for Phil Ellis comment - With you being a Falmouth follower I'm sure you know Shane or have seen him over the last few seasons running the line for the combo and could judge from this that he is a stickler for rules and would not cheat in any circumstances - so therefore surprised you would question his decision! disappointed by the comments to say the least.

On another note i hope Dan who went to hospital with a cut on the head is recovering well and hopefully will be back playing again shortly.

Good Luck to Casey and Perranwell for the rest of the season - a good bunch of lads who made it very difficult to break them down

Cheers

Granty

Feel the remark Cheat is very strong and also mis guided.

Being Falmouth's Manager i would obviously stick up for our linesman but considering the amount of times i have had a heated discussion with Shane where he has given a 50-50 decision against us i really don't think he would have flagged unless the lad was offside. When there is a flick on in the box like that unless you are directly inline with it its very difficult to judge.

As for Phil Ellis comment - With you being a Falmouth follower I'm sure you know Shane or have seen him over the last few seasons running the line for the combo and could judge from this that he is a stickler for rules and would not cheat in any circumstances - so therefore surprised you would question his decision! disappointed by the comments to say the least.

On another note i hope Dan who went to hospital with a cut on the head is recovering well and hopefully will be back playing again shortly.

Good Luck to Casey and Perranwell for the rest of the season - a good bunch of lads who made it very difficult to break them down

Cheers

Granty

I think you mean Shaun