Cornwall Football Forum

A way back for Truro reserves??

I am sure Mr Masters will answer peoples questions as he has been open with those directly put to him, on the http:/www.trurocityfc.net official website he has answered things asked of him, there is even a cut and paste question from Nemesis that was asked on these forums that he answered. I am sure if Nemesis had a follow up question to ask, Mr Masters would answer him at Godolphin tonight.

Masters has money but no idea how to run a football club been said before will be said again bloke is an absolute plonker .

You say Mr Masters has money - Good luck to him that is a result of him providing employment for hundreds to have the opportunity to feed, cloth and house their families, with jobs in the west country being hard to come by that is one hell of an achievement. I am not envious of those who achieve wealth through hard work, I admire their achievements.

You say Mr Masters has no idea how to run a football club but modern above pub standard football is a business, as a successful businessman he knows what is best for Truro City to succeed, it is the people he employs who are the experts that's why he pays their wages, he has the know how to act if they fail to deliver the results.

Mr Masters and Mr Perryman may be the owners of the football club but they appreciate the club is important to the community, that is why they poured tens of thousands into the club to save it, I agree Mr Masters on his own admission knew little about football but now he has the bug and is as passionate about Truro City succeeding as any of us that's why he has the best advisers available to assist the club to go forward.

The Cornwall Football Forum members will judge who the plonker is, you may know him personally.

Masters has money but no idea how to run a football club been said before will be said again bloke is an absolute plonker .

You say Mr Masters has money - Good luck to him that is a result of him providing employment for hundreds to have the opportunity to feed, cloth and house their families, with jobs in the west country being hard to come by that is one hell of an achievement. I am not envious of those who achieve wealth through hard work, I admire their achievements.

You say Mr Masters has no idea how to run a football club but modern above pub standard football is a business, as a successful businessman he knows what is best for Truro City to succeed, it is the people he employs who are the experts that's why he pays their wages, he has the know how to act if they fail to deliver the results.

Mr Masters and Mr Perryman may be the owners of the football club but they appreciate the club is important to the community, that is why they poured tens of thousands into the club to save it, I agree Mr Masters on his own admission knew little about football but now he has the bug and is as passionate about Truro City succeeding as any of us that's why he has the best advisers available to assist the club to go forward.

The Cornwall Football Forum members will judge who the plonker is, you may know him personally. What do call above pub standard!

The Cornwall Football Forum members will judge who the plonker is, you may know him personally. What do call above pub standard!

I'm surprised you have to ask however to enlighten you, most pub teams play in the Sunday football leagues on Council owned pitches, the players pay subs for the enjoyment to play, pay the rent for the use of a pitch and the officials, that football is usually light years away from village clubs way down in the Pyramid system who have solid local level facilities that they are responsible for and cost a lot of money to provide, therefore they have to balance the books so are therefore small businesses, OK I know many players play on Saturdays and Sundays or whenever they can.

its a shame that this has happened i used to love reffing at truro . I know i've retired now but i've got some great memories from the place.

Andy, hopefully the club is moving on below is a reference to the reserves from the Truro Fans Day.

The Q&A session was informative and detailed, leaving no one in any doubt which way the club is moving. Steve Tully (Manager) answered questions relating to "on the field" matters whilst Peter Masters (Chairman) spoke at length about events "off the field".

The squad will consist of approx 16 contracted players with other non contract players coming from clubs such as Exeter and Torquay. ST was pleased with the way the squad was developing and was very much looking forward to the new season. Two new signings, Rob Farkins and Mike Searle both spoke about their desire to do well this season.

Peter Masters reiterated the rationale behind the Reserves team being discontinued. No one opposed it. The Season Ticket price included entry to the Reserves games (This was a concession). Those who have bought one will now gain free entry to the two pre season friendly games Argyle 24th July and Yeovil (1st XI) 2nd Aug.

***** I have added the reference to the manager, chairman, concession and 1st XI in brackets to help people not connected to Truro City to understand who's who and the high standard of the Yeovil fixture.

Desperately trying to be objective and happy for true Truro fans to put me right, but if the decision to pull the reserves was a financial one to enable funding to be directed towards the firsts and the ladies ( which makes sense), why wasn't Robin allowed to take the team, the players and staff, and all the costs associated with them and use another pitch? No expense, no pitch damage and Truro still would have a reserves.

Is there another- more personal reason- for not only pulling the reserves, but to also prohibit them continuing?

Strange........

I know nothing about what went on so cannot answer however, if it were my decision I wouldn't have had a reserve team last season let alone this, I think the 4 level gap, 5 levels the year before last, was too much for those players to be of benefit to the first team, a lot of people voiced their opinion at that time and they still have their preferences, the average crowd showed what the level of support was for the reserves, I would not want to upset those who feel passionate about retaining the local competitiveness.

I repeat I know nothing about what went on, It was mentioned it would only have taken a phone call, if only it were as simple as that, by association no matter how small it may have been detrimental to Truro City Football Club who are a registered company a company who through hard work are rebuilding the clubs trust with other businesses throughout the region, a company no matter who they are can not allow others to conduct business using their name, the legal implications could potentially be catastrophic for all concerned.

Desperately trying to be objective and happy for true Truro fans to put me right, but if the decision to pull the reserves was a financial one to enable funding to be directed towards the firsts and the ladies ( which makes sense), why wasn't Robin allowed to take the team, the players and staff, and all the costs associated with them and use another pitch? No expense, no pitch damage and Truro still would have a reserves.

Is there another- more personal reason- for not only pulling the reserves, but to also prohibit them continuing?

Strange........

What would be the benefit of this to TCFC?

I can't believe that a club the 'size' of Truro City FC can't function and run a reserve side. It's laughable really. Forget the fact of supporting the first team. It still confuses me as to why Truro City don't have a successful youth system. There should be an opportunity created by them to help increase the opportunities and playing standards of the Cornish youth. I think that this would make the club more sustainable, and more likeable by the Cornish public.

Up and down the county clubs are able to provide football for a range of ages and abilities, I know we are not the only club to do so, but we have 4 men's Saturday teams, a Sunday league team, many a youth side. Ok we do not pay players, but surely having some sort of 'youth system' whether it be a Saturday morning coaching session with a chance to meet players, or an under 16s and 18s teams, or a full blown youth team would be of the benefit for Truro? Yet alone a reserve team regardless of being four leagues or whatever below.

I think the thing that bothers most people however is the complete lack of respect shown by the people in charge of the club to their reserve team managers, players and staff, as well as the SWPL committe. Was this decision not considered at the end of last season giving the opportunity to try and salvage something and before time was wasted by managers organising training, talking I players etc and SWPL organisers doing all they do?

Have always praised City for their ambition and have enjoyed visiting there on the odd occasion and have never really understood completely people's hatred of them. But this lacks all respect and courtesy. Cowardly to be honest.

If Truro decided they wanted a reserve team at some later date, wouldn,t they have to start again in the Trelawney League and work their way back up? This would take a several years to get to SWPP, even if they got promotion every season.

That is a very good point.

AS I SEE IT (Supporter only)

Vauxhall Motors played in the Conference last season, financially strapped of cash they had to pull out and this season will be operating at level seven, fair enough, a combination of circumstances and Football Association rules. A big fall from grace for a club side when Vauxhall Motors can afford to sponsor the ENGLAND team. Not good publicity for Vauxhall the manufacturers.

That highlighted the demise of Vauxhall, now look at Truro City where they were, saved with seconds to spare by Pete Masters and Pepe Perryman, the recovery last season gave local youth their chance, an opportunity that did not work out virtue of no strength in depth, thankfully Mr Masters did not let things slide and great effort meant we retained Southern League Premier Division status, as Vauxhall discovered to play at the higher end of non league costs a lot of money, Truro City having retained it's league system position is still undergoing a rebuilding process now is not the future, the future will be more secure if things are done in an order to benefit the club, years down the line will be the time to judge the rights or wrongs, the fan base is united in it's support of the team.

We do not know the reasoning behind the reserves demise we may never do so, it is prudent at most clubs not to go public with everything that may have contributed to decisions made for the eventual good of the club, I agree we all like to know everything that occurs but if we did at whatever club we support eventually the club would suffer. we may hear one side of any disagreement that cannot for varying reasons be answered, that is when for all concerned we leave sleeping dogs lie.

I am passionate for a strong Truro City football Club, after 125 years Cornwall deserves one, the day must come when a good FA Cup run could see us play one of the big guns in round 3 who knows, this may be our year.

Kit 65

It's like shooting fish in a barrel.

With the early rounds being regionalised there is no reason for us to miss out on the FA Cup 1st Round Proper, follow that with two reasonable draws and the knockers on here would be queuing up for tickets. Who knows maybe Truro City could land a kit deal :yahoo:

We know good football when we see it.

Kit 65

It's like shooting fish in a barrel.

With the early rounds being regionalised there is no reason for us to miss out on the FA Cup 1st Round Proper, follow that with two reasonable draws and the knockers on here would be queuing up for tickets. Who knows maybe Truro City could land a kit deal

It's a good season for Truro City in the FA Cup when they reach the Third Round Qualifying, let alone the Third Round Proper.

I sometimes wonder what planet you inhabit Mountaineer

I don't think I've ever agreed with anything you've ever said

Still - Takes all sorts I suppose

Planet Mountaineer is a place people enjoy themselves,

just carry on Brianmooreshead being your normal sad,

Rayvon's happy when he sees you taking the bait.

Truro City top team playing local to the gateway to the universe.

Third round FA cup - still LMAO - Saw Truro play Penryn....should have been a draw!!!!!! You wouldn't win the senior cup with that team, and it had 9 first team in it. LOL

Old Un - It was only a training session, I will judge our pre season after Yeovil Town visit with their first team, expectations will be for a Truro City tonking, we will see.

With the attitude you display above you could not encourage any team to win another game, to achieve you have to be positive, it is surprising what good management can get out of a team done properly without pampering to players mummyisms, the actions of some are enough to make you want to cry.

Saturday 9th August 2014 - 1500 hrs kick off.

Truro City v Chesham United at Treyew Road

Truro City v Last seasons Runners Up - The days top game in Cornwall - BE THERE you know it makes sense.

Third round FA cup - still LMAO - Saw Truro play Penryn....should have been a draw!!!!!! You wouldn't win the senior cup with that team, and it had 9 first team in it. LOL

Sorry,but I think you have got your info ass about face there.Because Truro had 9 of there first choice players missing that night.

That is a fact,and not a bite.If you are wanting to wind up the Truro fans,at least get your facts right.

On the night, if memory serves me right, it was:-

Expected to be First team players that were on display : Searle, Parcell, Palmer (although still to sign), White, Long, Cooke, Watson, Afful, Vassell, Tully (player/manager and on as sub in second half).

Missing : Pugh, Farkins, Duff, Ash, Hayles, Green, Lowry

So...

As someone who used to go and watch quite a few Truro City reserves games last season - where do I go now when the 1st Team are too far away to follow...?

Who will get my money on a Saturday afternoon now..?

I think its likely to be a 3 - way split between Falmouth, St Austell & Godolphin.

So...

As someone who used to go and watch quite a few Truro City reserves games last season - where do I go now when the 1st Team are too far away to follow...?

Who will get my money on a Saturday afternoon now..?

I think its likely to be a 3 - way split between Falmouth, St Austell & Godolphin.

Should be Falmouth;) haha