Cornwall Football Forum

Combo Results and Table - Sat 28th February 2015

Usual thing, post, or text any news

Cornwall Combination League

28th February 2015
Helston Athletic Reserves (Mike Halibone 2, Chris Reed) 3-3 Goonhavern Athletic (Tony Chapman 2, Jamie Preston)

Att - 20
Illogan RBL Reserves (Adam Calloway, Matt Roberts, Simon Carter, Tim Nixon) 4-1 Troon (Bradley Phillips)
Att - 45
Ludgvan (Gerens James 2, Johnny Ludlam, Joe Day, Jamie Devine) 5-0 Hayle 
Att - 40
Mullion (Alan Thomas 2, Ben Casley, Chris Blee, Rob Carey) 5-0 St Ives Town 
Att - 25
Perranwell (Matthew Lane 2, Darren Meagor, Louis Jaspall, Dan Richardson) 5-2 Penryn Athletic Reserves (Liam Jarvis, Ryan Reeve)
Att - 35
Porthleven Reserves 0-7 Newquay Reserves (Sam Cooper 4, Dominic Roberts, Dean Southworth, Sean Lambert)
Att - 29 
Redruth United (Ben Widdershoven, Barrie Wyatt) 2-1 RNAS Culdrose (Simon Wilson)
Att - 25
St Agnes A-A Falmouth Town Reserves 
St Day P-P Wendron United

POS TEAM PL W D L F A GD PTS

1 MULLION 26 21 2 3 84 22 62 65
2 LUDGVAN 30 19 1 7 105 37 68 60
3 WENDRON 24 18 5 4 113 30 83 58
4 HELSTON 31 17 5 9 91 53 38 57
5 ST AGNES 25 18 1 5 77 39 38 55
6 ST IVES 29 16 1 10 67 57 10 55

7 REDRUTH 26 17 2 7 74 29 45 53
8 ILLOGAN 31 17 1 11 58 50 8 52
9 FALMOUTH 27 14 4 8 56 45 11 46
10 ST JUST 28 14 1 8 79 62 17 45*
11 ST DAY 30 12 6 11 77 66 11 42
12 HAYLE 27 10 0 16 42 63 -21 33
13 NEWQUAY 29 8 4 16 47 76 -29 29
14 GOONHAVER 29 7 4 18 37 84 -47 25
15 PERRANWELL 26 7 3 15 43 60 -17 24
16 PENRYN 30 7 3 19 45 88 -43 24
17 CULDROSE 21 6 1 13 37 67 -30 19
18 PORTHLEVEN 27 3 2 23 23 96 -73 11
19 TROON 28 1 0 27 28 159 -131 3
* Points adjusted

Got to say well done to goonhavern today know disrespect to them the conditions made it a leveller and they responded with a great display of battling and playing for each other 3.0 down with 30mins to go I was pleased with a draw and was pleased with the character of my guys and fitness to go to the end with a stoppage time equaliser! Big thanks to the ground staff for getting the game on and still no game cancelled on the main pitch this season 👍 was also well reffed! Good luck to goonhavern for the rest of the season! Also Rappo told me a player broke his leg in falmouth game and game was abandoned hope he is ok and makes a speedy recovery from all at Helston AFC x

Got to say well done to goonhavern today know disrespect to them the conditions made it a leveller and they responded with a great display of battling and playing for each other 3.0 down with 30mins to go I was pleased with a draw and was pleased with the character of my guys and fitness to go to the end with a stoppage time equaliser! Big thanks to the ground staff for getting the game on and still no game cancelled on the main pitch this season 👍 was also well reffed! Good luck to goonhavern for the rest of the season! Also Rappo told me a player broke his leg in falmouth game and game was abandoned hope he is ok and makes a speedy recovery from all at Helston AFC x

St Agnes v Falmouth Town abandoned after 50 mins. Dan Head suffered a dislocated knee after a heavy challenge with the St Agnas winger.

I would like to say a massive thank you to Mandy for all her help today whilst waiting for the ambulance to arrive - very much appreciated.

Have spoken with Dan's dad tonight and with a bit of luck he will still make the trip with truro college to Dallas at Easter.

Culdrose scorer Simon Wilson. Weather spoilt the game but not as much as the ref, gifted 2 goals to Redruth. Well done to to the lads at Redruth for getting the game on.

The first goal was not a gift London ranger. Ref said quick free kicks to both captains at start of game and when your defender took our player down he was last man and lucky not to be sent off. I just asked the ref to take it quickly before both teams started bickering to which he replied yes I could. Then just slotted ball in ... Easiest goal I'll ever score. One of your players could have got sent off for second bookable offence too.

ludgvan5-0 Hayle ,3-0 half time a good crowd who braved the weather,Ludgvan are a very good side and their passing and movement could be played at a higher level, Hayle well beaten an were caught cold being 2 down inside 9 mins , when you have players like Ross Duncan on the bench the quality is on show ,the first goal caught Scott out as he seemed to be in the wrong position to get good hands on it . walking into the ground which now looks impressive,you can tell the club is going in the right way ,no disgrace to lose to this team,and in the second half Hayle created some chances but were unable to score ,we tried to keep playing football ,but Ludgvan today were to strong , well played and a descent game from Tim Reeks the ref who kept the game flowing even in the terrible conditions , hope your pitch is not to badly churned up because at the end it looked like a herd of cows had run all over it ,also hoped Jamie managed to get the shower working after the game as he let it run for five minutes to his horror he had it on cold , I think a lot of combo teams should look at how Ludgvan have improved over the last few seasons ,after the difficulties of the past ,the ground was full of support and the bar was full after the game ,well done to the club and volunteers .

Culdrose scorer Simon Wilson. Weather spoilt the game but not as much as the ref, gifted 2 goals to Redruth. Well done to to the lads at Redruth for getting the game on.

The first goal was not a gift London ranger. Ref said quick free kicks to both captains at start of game and when your defender took our player down he was last man and lucky not to be sent off. I just asked the ref to take it quickly before both teams started bickering to which he replied yes I could. Then just slotted ball in ... Easiest goal I'll ever score. One of your players could have got sent off for second bookable offence too.

It was a gift as the referee was distracting the Culdrose players by talking to them whilst allowing Redruth to take the free kick. I'm all for quick free kicks before the whistle however if the referee is still addressing the players its all a little unfair really does give the boys a chance to defend the free kick in a fair manner, that said the centre half could have walked for the last man challenge. Redruth got a lucky penalty and Culdrose werent give a penatly. However agree that it was a good contest and enjoyed it just a shame that the park and ref spoiled the football.