Cornwall Football Forum

ECPL Fixtures Saturday 28th February

ECPL Fixtures Saturday 28th February

Fred Binks Premier Division Cup Quarter Final

Bere Alston United v Launceston (postponed)

Premier Division

Liskeard Athletic 6 Callington Town 0
Saltash United 2 Elburton Villa 1
St Teath 4 Polperro 5
Tavistock 3 Edgcumbe 0
Torpoint Athletic 4 Fowey 3

Division One

Camelford v Roche (Postponed)
Holsworthy 0 St Blazey 4
Mevagissey v Bodmin Town (Postponed)
Millbrook v Nanpean Rovers (Postponed)
Pensilva 0 Probus 1
St Stephens Borough 1 Lanreath 4

Borough 1-4 Lanreath

Ticehurst

Borough dominated the early exchanges and it was looking like a comfortable home win. Lanreath were buoyed when their keeper saved a penalty and it seemed to have the opposite effect on Borough.
Lanreath opened the scoring when Dominic Richardson headed a throw-in straight in.
Borough continued to dominate, but with Lanreath dangerous on the break, the half-time score was 0-2.
The 2nd half scoring went 0-3, 1-3 and 1-4.
Fair play to Lanreath who put in an excellent away performance, but from my own point of view, it was a game that we could/should have won.

How many does everyone reckon will promoted this season?

I was recently told by the League : "The League Rules state that the bottom two in the Premier Division will be relegated, unless a team withdraws, then only one will be. But it also says that if a Club withdraws before the fixtures have started, as Kilkhampton did. then it makes no difference, which is the case. We can either promote 3 to the Premier or not relegate 1 club. The overall constitution of the League rests with the AGM."

I think you will find that only one team will be relegated.  Just to advise.  This is my own opinion and not the views of the league.  It seems unfair to relegate a club who in effect finishes third from bottom and promote a team who finishes third in Division One