Cornwall Football Forum

Newquay AFC vs Witheridge

Newquay 1 Witheridge 3

Quite even throughout the first half to be fair with both teams stuggling to get hold of the ball and connect passes. Just before half time a Witheridge player was able to turn round a Newquay player in the box and from left side 6 yards out his shot went in the far corner for 1-0. That's how the first half ended although not without unhappy Newquay fans and players unhappy with some of the refs decisions including a penalty appeal right on half time for Newquay which was not given. Again second half started evenly and less than 10 mins in before Newquay could make the most of the wind they had this half Witheridge scored from a header from 6 yards out from a corner to make it 2-0. Newquay then started to try and get back into the game with Witheridge restricted to counter attacks. Things started to get a bit heated with tackles flying in. shortly after 2 players booked (1 from either side), although im not actually sure what for? Newquay were given a free kick 25 yards out and as the free kick was driven low through the wall, the keeper could on parry up in the air and as he did a newquay player was on hand to header in for 2-1. Newquay now had control of the game but could not make it count and just before the final whistle was about to go a Witheridge player picked it up 30 yards out from the Newquay goal hit a brilliant stike into the top right corner.

Good summary of the game that, although the Withy No.4 Ross Middleton should have been shown 3 or 4 yellows.

With or without Carey ? Well the general opinion of the fans who remain loyal is, this season was all about stabilising the club on and off the pitch. Middsy took over from Alan, but the season was already dead. This season saw Ross McOnie take temporary charge, he has kept all but one of last seasons players, added three from the neighbours, three newcomers to the town, made a couple of good SWPL signings and promoted some decent youngsters, all on a shoestring. The fans understand where we are now and where we want to be, it will not be done in a hurry and we will not be throwing cash at it. For 2015-16, a new manager is already being sought, Ross will take his usual Physio role again.

Good luck to you all at Newquay a great set up and I have some fond memories of when my daughter played for the ladies reserves before she went to uni ,they made us very welcome, and they had a lot of good people behind the scenes ,the trouble when you rise up the leagues you have to have money to compete ,and the officials have further to travel so more costs involved,its a shame with all the money that comes into Newquay during the summer months that one of the business don't get behind the club ,eg a nightclub ,bar or campsite , all clubs no matter if they play at junior or senior level have bills to pay and the costs go up every season either travel costs insurances registration or refs fees .

Hi Leeds United i dont watch Newquay as much as i use to i watch the other team in Newquay Godolphin Atlantic because watching them i am entertained and the whole atmosphere out there is fantastic a friendly club ran by fantastic people and a fantastic team . I will still watch Newquay play if the G are away in my opinion Newquay only have 1 good player and that is Jack Bray EVANS i think he is a class player and also Lewis Hilton when hes home from the States sorry Newquay but thats my opinion well at th G they are all class players in every department . I will be up to watch Newquay play Bodmin soon and see if they can stop the goal machine Adam Carter . Good luck to Newquay but i will be found most weekends out the other end of town at Godolphin Way getting entertained by a good team .