Cornwall Football Forum

Tavistock FC ( Andy Southcott )

" On behalf of the family Ian has asked that i post a big thank you for all of the kind messages and support we have received over the last few days which is a great comfort at what is a very difficult time for us"

Andy's funeral will be taking place at St Anns Church, Gunnislake on MONDAY 2nd MARCH at 1.30pm.

Ian and the family would also like to thank everyone at the Tavistock v Salatsh game last night for the minutes silence which was greatly appreciated.

Andy was well known on the football circuit and will be sorely missed by all................

I became a workmate of Andy's in the late 80's in the Dockyard and he was always upbeat and a great character. I last saw him at the Saltash v Tavistock cup game, I think it was October and we had a good bit of banter at the match and a chat in the bar after the game. Also had a laugh at the number of bad misses in the penalty shoot out! He mentioned his health problems then which I was unaware of and have only found out today that he had passed away. Andy was a great guy and will be genuinely missed by all. My best wishes to his family and friends. I know many of his former Dockyard mates would also like to pass on their best wishes too.