Cornwall Football Forum

Goldolphin v St Austell.

Will be tougher than the cup match for sure, but you're in with a big shout I reckon.

To whom is your post addressed Older? Both teams played in the Senior Cup last week-end and I think it would be fair to say that in both cases this week-ends league opponents will be a tougher prospect than their respective wins in the cup.
I wonder could this be a rehearsal for the Cup Final or is that excessively cruel to their semi-final tests?

Think he means when they played town in the league cup 2 weeks ago

Thanks for that Billy, and my apologies to you Older. I was out of the country for a bit and that match/result passed me by altogether. It all makes sense, even to me now.
St. A and the G could well be sick of the sight of each other by the time the season ends!

Really looking forward to this match 2 teams that play lovely football think this will be a cracker ,think the G will win this 2-1 .Im sure this match will go ahead because there are so many good people who will be out there forking the pitch . Tania is there any chance of the G selling souvenirs in the future i would like to buy a polo shirt and a t shirt if any are available thanks . Looking forward to 1 of those lovely pasties on saturday think i will get to the ground for 2 30pm to make sure i get 1 and also take some pictures of the St Austell players training . 1 day to go cant wait for this 1.

If the Godolphin polo's are Macron, like Newquay AFC, you'll need 2 sizes larger, they come up very small.

As you're a Newquay chap Stephen, you might like a limited edition 125th Anniversary badge and scarf from The Peppermints. I'm sure you'll make the Blazey v Austell semi final ;-)

Just back from Godollphin way and another tremendous display from the G over  a very poor St Austell side but take nothing away from the G they dominated the game and i dont think Sean in the G goal had a real save to make the whole 90mins ,maybe St Austell had 1 eye on next weeks game against Ascot in the Vase but if they play like they did today they will get hammered i thought St Austell had 1 player who did play well that was there captain Chris Reski . I would say the whole G team where men ofthe match but if i was to pick out 1 player who stood out for me it has to be Aaran Dilley for his brilliant goal and the amount of work he puts in for his team and what a team they are . It was nice having a chat to Ollie Pinnell and he will have a hard job to get in the team the way the G are playing but hes too good a player to leave out . Next week think i will have to dig the thermals out couldnt feel my feet and other bits . Well Done the G good lluck to St Austell next week in the vase . One last thing i will try the shirt on later Tania and pay you next Saturday Thankyou This person who is Margo i wander if they actually watch a match they should put the score down each week which they obviously get from the tweets

Spot on 100% . Godolphin bossed it all over the pitch . Decisions for Laffs ahead of the big one next week . 3 or maybe 4 had just about ok games the rest need to look seriously at their own performance cause what went on out there today wasn't good enough !!

All teams will have off days...... At least it's this week and not next week!!

Great win for the G and a good performance, especially in the first half. Quality goals from Phil Lowry and Dilley and an excellent team display, with Jamie Lowry showing his class throughout

Disappointed with St Austell who were generally poor apart from their keeper Chapman. Reski improved in second half when he must have been told to give up trying to referee the match. Odd that he continued to berate the referee , even after being booked for doing so....

Some bizarre incidents and decisions - Lean only booked for kicking out at Brown and referee, who failed on numerous occasions to allow advantage to G, deeming a sliced clearance caught by Semmens to be a back pass!

Sad to see Lafferty, frustrated by his team's display no doubt, but letting himself down by very audibly calling the referee a "cheating c..t". Hopefully this was an isolated incident and he can exercise more self-control next week . Best wishes to St Austell for the Vase match but they'll have to improve significantly in many areas. Clearly missed Eddy up front and their suspended midfielder.

Congratulations to Godolphin for another fine display and an excellent result .

Certainly Godolphin deserved to win this one without any doubt. Not sure but at this moment there might be some thinking the Vase is becoming an annoying distraction!

No need to make excuses for st awful losing dave,they r grown men n will probably own up to playing crap,apart from billybear cos he's a bear

Certainly Godolphin deserved to win this one without any doubt. Not sure but at this moment there might be some thinking the Vase is becoming an annoying distraction!

No need to make excuses for st awful losing dave,they r grown men n will probably own up to playing crap,apart from billybear cos he's a bear
Didn't realise I was making an excuse for them! They will know they were second best today - hopefully! Actually the bear was probably one of their better ones! 😃

Not good enough on the day , didn't really created many chances and only really started playing in the second half when it was to late , all that aside where still in a great position in the league and hopefully that preformance was a 1 off, everyone needs to up there game for sat , else the game will be over before we have had chance to start, congrats to the G though they played well,#lillywhites#cantwinthemall

Just back from Godollphin way and another tremendous display from the G over  a very poor St Austell side but take nothing away from the G they dominated the game and i dont think Sean in the G goal had a real save to make the whole 90mins ,maybe St Austell had 1 eye on next weeks game against Ascot in the Vase but if they play like they did today they will get hammered i thought St Austell had 1 player who did play well that was there captain Chris Reski . I would say the whole G team where men ofthe match but if i was to pick out 1 player who stood out for me it has to be Aaran Dilley for his brilliant goal and the amount of work he puts in for his team and what a team they are . It was nice having a chat to Ollie Pinnell and he will have a hard job to get in the team the way the G are playing but hes too good a player to leave out . Next week think i will have to dig the thermals out couldnt feel my feet and other bits . Well Done the G good lluck to St Austell next week in the vase . One last thing i will try the shirt on later Tania and pay you next Saturday Thankyou This person who is Margo i wander if they actually watch a match they should put the score down each week which they obviously get from the tweets

Well 100% I am eating humble pie this morning ! According to all the reports we were poor and the best team won, so fair play and well done Godolphin. Hooefully it will be a good kick up the backside and they will be back to normal next week v Ascot. I shall be travelling down for the match, will you be going to the match ? If you are I would like to meet you for a chat. Hope your polo shirt fits you ok !