Cornwall Football Forum

Cornwall Senior Cup semi-finals draw

Assuming Godolphin win, Bodmin or Falmouth would be a good shout for a final venue, taking into account the likely Junior Cup finalists too but my money is on Truro - the only club in Cornwall not participating in the county's premier competition.

Assuming Godolphin win, Bodmin or Falmouth would be a good shout for a final venue, taking into account the likely Junior Cup finalists too but my money is on Truro - the only club in Cornwall not participating in the county's premier competition.

Wouldn't surprise me if Truro get the final, they seem to be getting everything else that CCFA are dishing out this year. Eng v Wales U18's + Cornwall Ladies v Yeovil Town, why the hell not give the final to them as well.

If Godolphin win through v St Blazey or St Austell, then Falmouth would be perfect, could be the last big game at Bickland before being bulldozed.

If it is Callington v either of the other two, then Newquay would be ideal. The club is celebrating it's 125th Year and as they missed out on the Ladies game, despite being the biggest promoters of Ladies football in Cornwall for the last 15 years, it would be some compensation and reward.

Good luck to all sides left in the Cup.

Wouldn't surprise me if Truro get the final, they seem to be getting everything else that CCFA are dishing out this year. Eng v Wales U18's + Cornwall Ladies v Yeovil Town, why the hell not give the final to them as well.

If Godolphin win through v St Blazey or St Austell, then Falmouth would be perfect, could be the last big game at Bickland before being bulldozed.

If it is Callington v either of the other two, then Newquay would be ideal. The club is celebrating it's 125th Year and as they missed out on the Ladies game, despite being the biggest promoters of Ladies football in Cornwall for the last 15 years, it would be some compensation and reward.

Good luck to all sides left in the Cup.

The Football Association insisted that the Schools International be played at Trehew Road. The CCFA were not directly involved. This was and is a matter for the Cornwall Schools governing body.

Will Truro be able to play at home on Easter Monday? Something about an old law that the CCFA introduced saying no matches can be staged on that day because of the Senior Cup Final. Clubs can play away - in other counties.

Will Truro be able to play at home on Easter Monday? Something about an old law that the CCFA introduced saying no matches can be staged on that day because of the Senior Cup Final. Clubs can play away - in other counties.

Truro played at Treyew Road on Easter Monday the last time their fixture fell on this date

I know it came to light when Truro were given a home fixture on that day but wasn't aware that the CCFA changed the rules. At least if they are home that rules Treyew Road out of the running for the big day!  :yahoo:

I am referring to the senior cup final - when was this last staged at Bickland Park?

The only two times were 1972 (St Austell vs Looe) and 1998 (Truro City vs Porthleven) which went to a replay, also staged at Falmouth.

If the games were played during the day I think Liskeard would be great place to play, but their lights are terrible at the moment which questions if the ground is viable for a county cup semi final at night.

As long as the lights meet the requirement of 120 lumens for step 3 and below then they are good to go whether you think they are terrible or not. Begs the question how many lighting systems are regularly checked, or is it a case of yeah we can see the ball that'll do, again though it's down to cost and more maintenance expense.

If a team from the West is in the final then it would be fair to have it in that area, as the final will be an all East account, then that's where it should be. Common sense really, fans of say a Callington v St Blazey final shouldn't have to trek all the way down to Penzance

St Blazey v Liskeard several years ago was played at Penzance. Liskeard equalised in the final minute and the replay was then at Tavistock which Liskeard won I believe. This might have been the league cup. Good crowds for both though even though the finals were a fair way from both clubs.

St Blazey v Liskeard several years ago was played at Penzance. Liskeard equalised in the final minute and the replay was then at Tavistock which Liskeard won I believe. This might have been the league cup. Good crowds for both though even though the finals were a fair way from both clubs.

It was indeed the Senior Cup with the replay I think played at Millbrook rather than Tavy.

Both games finished 1-1 with Liskeard winning 4-2 on penalties.

Cornwall Senior Cup Semi Finals details from the CCFA

Following a recent Cup committee meeting please find below details of the Semi Finals for the Cornwall Senior Cup Semi Finals Sponsored by West End Motors Bodmin

(Tuesday) 3/3/15 Godolphin v Callington – Bodmin Town, Priory Park

(Wednesday) 4/3/15 St Blazey v AFC St Austell – Newquay, Mount Wise

Both matches will Kick Off at 7:30pm

Richard Pallot

Governance Manager

Cornwall Football Association Limited

Its due for an occasion down West

Liskeard is perfect if you turn the map of Cornwall upside down!

Including this year's:-

EAST 4, MID 4, NORTH 2, WEST 2

2015-Liskeard - EAST
2014-Wadebridge - NORTH
2013-Saltash - EAST
2012-Newquay - MID
2011-Hayle - WEST
2010-Truro - WEST
2009-St.Blazey - MID
2008-Wadebridge - NORTH
2007-Bodmin - EAST
2006-St.Blazey - MID
2005-Liskeard - EAST
2004-St.Blazey - MID

At least it does get moved around. It took a vote in the early 1960s I believe to get that implemented. Before that it was almost always at St Austell, even if the Lilywhites were in the final.