Cornwall Football Forum

Godolphin Atlantic V Launceston

Well i have just had to sign in again after my puter crashed and i lost everything on it and i forgot my password for this site . Well Today i was at Godolphin Way and the 1st half was very poor and the G could of been 3-0 down if it wasnt for poor finishing a amazing penalty save from the gs outstanding goalie Sean Semmens and awful misses by Launceston especially 1 when the Launceston player was 1 on 1 with Sean and then fell over . Well the 2nd half the G came out all guns blazing and Phil lowry scored the 1st goal when the Launceston goalie saved the 1st shot and Lowry followed up to score and the 2nd goal surpised everyone when the ball cannoned off the crossbar and the linesman called the ref over and said the ball had crossed the line which caused mayhem and the game was then full of fouls and the Launceston no5 was sent off and i thought he had a fine game in the 1st half marking Phil Lowry out of the game . My mom would of gone to Sean Semmens but it goes to Tom Smith who not only scored the Gs 2nd goal was a commanding figure at the heart of the defence . 1 last word Tania the pasty was lovely not like St Austells little pasties . Looking forward to next week when St AUSTELL are in town hope to be there clicking away but im waiting to go into hospital for a bladder op so i may have to postpone that rather watch the footy . Hard luck to Launceston they played well in the 1st half

I was talking to this bloke at Godolphin way today and we was talking about Newquay football club in the 70s and was naming all these players and i said Phil Ryder was a good striker and this chap said he was Phil Ryder and i didnt realise this grey haired bloke was him and i used to watch Newquay play every week but i must admit my alegance is now out the other end of town with the G but it was good to see that Newquay had won away today . I just love everything about the G and i like there new stand and dug outs very impressive by a impressive club

I thought I read or heard that Godolphin reached the semi finals once before in recent years ?

Regardless,a great achievement for a club who were playing Duchy League not that long ago ( no disrespect intended at all!), and for Callington Town, their first semi in the Senior Cup since the club was formed 25 years ago ( bit of a landmark really).

Looking forward to the semi final !!

I thought I read or heard that Godolphin reached the semi finals once before in recent years ?

Not before this season:

2014  QF           Lost at St Blazey    1 - 0

2013  2nd Rd    Lost at Torpoint Athletic   2 - 1 aet

2012  Round 3  Lost home to Falmouth Town  2 - 1 aet

2011  QF          Lost home to Penzance   2 - 1

2010  QF          Lost home to Camelford  1 - 0

2009  R2           Lost at Penryn    2 - 1

2008 R2            Lost at Penzance   1 - 0 aet

2007 R3            Lost home to Falmouth Town 3 - 0

2006 R2            Lost home to Truro City  2 - 1