Cornwall Football Forum

Cornwall Senior Cup Quarter Final Draw

Thought someone might have posted this already. Taken from the SWPL website

Cornwall Senior Cup Quarter Final Draw: Saturday 14th February

Bodmin Or Godolphin v Launceston
Dobwalls Or Mullion v St Blazey
Liskeard Athletic v St Austell
Wendron United v Camelford Or Callington Town

Let the Senior Cup have their own final day, and let the Junior Cup have their own day too. The Junior Cup is overshadowed by the Senior Cup, understandably so because the better football is played as they are a few divisions higher and are the bigger clubs. But it would be nice for the junior sides to have their own big day too.

The Cornwall Senior Cup final has only twice been at Falmouth. In 1972 when St Austell beat Looe 6-1 and in 1997/98 when Truro City beat Porthleven after a replay.

After the 1972 final when St Austell lost the monopoly vote, the CCFA were impressed with Falmouth's efforts, as they were with Penzance a few seasons before. It's funny how words and actions are two different things.

Let the Senior Cup have their own final day, and let the Junior Cup have their own day too. The Junior Cup is overshadowed by the Senior Cup, understandably so because the better football is played as they are a few divisions higher and are the bigger clubs. But it would be nice for the junior sides to have their own big day too.

Having played in JC finals I would disagree strongly,junior players get to play in front of a huge crowd for maybe once in their careers and most of that crowd is there to see the senior cup final !

I see your point Cornish Hoop. I'm not knocking junior football at all, I've played it for almost two seasons and love it, was only speaking from experience of watching finals day. Junior football is a lot better than what some people think it is, that's my short experience of playing and watching it over the years anyway. I love watching both games at a cup final day, and the standard of both games is very good. The Senior Cup final games I've watched have on the whole produced good crowds, certainly the replay at Truro a few years ago between Helston and Bodmin, can't quite remember when it was, but that was a cracker.

Guess we will see what happens though, whether both games will be played at the same venue or whether they will be separate.

It's good to see people voicing their opinion about the Junior Cup final. I hope you guys completed the survey questionnaire that was publicised by the CCFA on this site and on social media web sites.

Big Al, I think previously a decision where to hold the County Cup finals is made quite early on and so well before the names of the finalists are known. Unfortunately the CCFA does not have a crystal ball into which they can look to determine who the finalists will be.  

Big Al it would probably be the same as what happened in the Champions League final of 2012. FC Bayern played Chelsea at the Allianz Arena…. Which is their home ground. Would imagine you are going to find some other stupid comment about the Cornish FA now. You must sit at home writing down comments that are going to get on peoples nerves and then post them when a certain scenario comes up. How about you get a life and start enjoying football in Cornwall the same way most other people do. My mum used to say to me “if you haven’t got anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all.” Maybe you should try it one day. It’s a way of gaining respect…. For yourself and from other people.

Since 1978 it's been the Cornwall Junior and Senior Cup finals on the same day. Before that and for years it was the runners up match - the two losing Senior Cup semi finalists battle it out for 3rd and 4th place. The Junior Cup used to have it's own day in the same format.