Cornwall Football Forum

The great parkway exodus

Will goes with the best wishes of all the real Parkway fans . They'll remember him as being the captain during the treble season ,the man who scored the penalty which guaranteed the runners up spot in 2012/13 , the  passionate leader of the side and a player who came back after 18 months on the sidelines with a serious knee injury ( an injury that some thought he wouldn't come back from at all). It also needs to be remembered that he was one of the lads who stuck around in the midst of an exodus in February 2012, and was willing to play out of position in midfield to plug gaps in the team.

If it was his decision to move on ( and I don't have an inside track on these things) and try his luck at a slightly lower level,then best of luck to him.

Will goes with the best wishes of all the real Parkway fans . They'll remember him as being the captain during the treble season ,the man who scored the penalty which guaranteed the runners up spot in 2012/13 , the  passionate leader of the side and a player who came back after 18 months on the sidelines with a serious knee injury ( an injury that some thought he wouldn't come back from at all). It also needs to be remembered that he was one of the lads who stuck around in the midst of an exodus in February 2012, and was willing to play out of position in midfield to plug gaps in the team.

If it was his decision to move on ( and I don't have an inside track on these things) and try his luck at a slightly lower level,then best of luck to him.

Good luck Will. Good player and a nice bloke.  One of the only players  to ever acknowledge the effort fans put in when they watch most games. Your evening at Bovey will always stick in my mind , when you vaulted the fence during the game to go to the toilet , due to a case of the quirts.

Get on SHITTER.

Great comments for a great player , Will leaves with our best wishes .. good luck buddy and come back and see us some time x

RVP

[quote name="Brianmooreshead" post="285982" timestamp="1421392260"]Jefferson - Please tell me that the figure you mentioned isn't true !![/quote

yes it is true and i belive it was more at the start of the season but have had it cut back absolutely stupid money in that league you don't think all them players that have gone there for the love of the club there all there for the money

The mighty Tavy haha!

Very true big budget yet still struggling.....
Parkway can't be a happy place ATM if captain Stringer left! Along with Danny Lewis for less money to Saltash.
Hendy wasn't that successful at Saltash either him and Phil Harvey failed badly with big budget! Had some good players like Chappie,Lewis,both Clarks,Thorne,Simpson,Manley,Doel,Sullivan came 9th that season.
Only have to look at Saltash now ran on a shoe string and doing well! Goes to show you it's not all about money!

True Al it's not all about money...after watching Tavy against saltash thought they played well and deserved the win and they ran the best team in the league very close at St Austell!! Maybe the league doesn't suit them!! It will be a tough ask to gain promotion now but if they do I reckon they'll take a few prem teams by surprise!!

The mighty Tavi . ha ha ha ha ha  ( sides just split ) . ho ho ho ho .

Mary , you are more disliked on this forum than me lol.

I think it's just the bitter parkway fans pugwash

And the odd "bad manager" 

MQx

Yeh you are a terrible gaffer

MPx

Am I worse at managing than you are at playing ????

MQx

Sorry Mary, but you are simply trying to stir it up for Plymouth Parkway for some reason. Who has left  so far! Danny Lewis has rejoined Saltash United and looks like he is enjoying his football again.  Will Stringer has rejoined Tavistock. Dan Hart, well there is a real loss. A player who thinks he is a better than he really is and has attitude. So that's only three players.

• 1 month later...