11 Tots&Darts 17 7 2 8 37 44 -7 23
12 Okehampton 18 6 4 8 35 47 -12 22
13 Crediton 18 6 1 11 38 48 -10 19
14 Plymstock 17 6 1 10 36 46 -10 19
15 Budleigh 17 5 2 10 30 52 -22 17
16 NewtonSpurs 18 5 1 12 31 51 -20 16
17 Exwick 16 3 3 10 27 42 -15 12
18 Axminster 14 3 1 10 24 46 -22 10

How Ivybridge were in the game for so long is beyond me. For a team that were/are top, they certainly didn't play like it. Newquay were easily the better team and if they had taken their chances, Ivybridge would have been out of sight. There can't be too many complaints about the two penalties and the free kick that lead to three of the goals but both teams were guilty of intimidating the young referee.

Witheridge 2-3 Godolphin Atlantic

Hard game for both sides and a draw would have been a fair result. Witheridge were denied a late clear cut penalty which Tania (The Chair-Person of Godolphin) agreed should have been given as she was stood with a perfect view by the referee.

All in all a good game for the spectator with plenty of goals. :-)

Bizarrely today's referee was from Hayle and travelled a 220 mile round to officiate today's games and has left people wandering whether the appointments referee had possibly taken something he shouldn't have when he made the appointments ;-)

Hard game for both sides and a draw would have been a fair result. Witheridge were denied a late clear cut penalty which Tania (The Chair-Person of Godolphin) agreed should have been given as she was stood with a perfect view by the referee.

Bizarrely today's referee was from Hayle and travelled a 220 mile round to officiate today's games and has left people wandering whether the appointments referee had possibly taken something he shouldn't have when he made the appointments ;-)

I think it is a question (not the backhander, as I can state that he wouldn't, but the fact of the referees appointment and travelling expenses) which should be asked. Having said that, the person who will possibly answer that question would be the Referees officer, Keith Mann. 'Nuff said! I do believe though, that there is a ceiling on Referee travelling expenses, at least that was the case a few seasons ago.

I think it is a question (not the backhander, as I can state that he wouldn't, but the fact of the referees appointment and travelling expenses) which should be asked. Having said that, the person who will possibly answer that question would be the Referees officer, Keith Mann. 'Nuff said! I do believe though, that there is a ceiling on Referee travelling expenses, at least that was the case a few seasons ago. It was a tongue in cheek, what was he smoking (high as a kite) remark not backhander :-)

Difficult to decide which game to go to tomorrow!

Top seven before the games:-

ILLOGAN RBL 16 11 3 2 36

ST DENNIS 15 12 0 3 36

STICKER 15 11 1 3 34

PENRYN ATHLETIC 17 10 4 3 34

HELSTON ATHLETIC 14 10 0 4 30

LISKEARD ATHLETIC 16 9 1 6 28

Seems you made the right decision then Dave!

Torpoint 3v2 St Blazey.

Away from Blaize Park we look very soft at times. Another defeat against a struggling Torpoint. You wouldnt have known they were struggling on todays performance. Weve had away defeats at Bodmin, Saltash, Ivybridge and now Torpoint in recent weeks. In between we struggled past a Probus side in the senior cup. With Ivybridge loosing today at struggling Newquay and Saltash getting thumped at Stoke Gabriel and Torpoint struggling for some time, to loose all 3 is disapointing. Some how we need to be a bit boring and defend in numbers because we cant buy a result away from home. Scored two decent goals today but conceded possesion far to easy. Big performance needed on boxing day.

Difficult to decide which game to go to tomorrow!

Top seven before the games:-

ILLOGAN RBL 16 11 3 2 36

ST DENNIS 15 12 0 3 36

STICKER 15 11 1 3 34

PENRYN ATHLETIC 17 10 4 3 34

HELSTON ATHLETIC 14 10 0 4 30

LISKEARD ATHLETIC 16 9 1 6 28

Wadebridge v Liskeard should be good.

It was for me

Work rate and commitment, bodies diving in to block shots, a bizarre red card, an unusual amount of conversation between players (wearing red) and the ref and the best back somersault celebration I have seen in a long time!!

MQx

Newquay 3 Ivybridge 2 To be brutality honest Newquay deserved to take the 3 points today. Today especially in the last 15 minutes Newquay worked their socks off to get this result. The officials didn't have their best day but both teams had the decisions in their benefit during the game but 2 good decisions by the ref on both penalties. The commitment by Newquay in the last 15 minutes has been something that has been missing all season and after this maybe I mean maybe it could be a springboard to lift them out of the relegation battle they have warranted so far this season on previous performances.

Newquays first win in 20 games! Well done!!

Last win was 8 Nov SWPL - Newquay 5 v 3 Elburton Villa

Thought the ref was shocking today, the linesman on the terrace side was just as bad. However, despite this Newquay fought through to get the win they deserved. You know it's been a good result when a lady of senior years runs on the pitch waving her scarf at the final whistle, just glad she didn't streak.

Newquays first win in 20 games! Well done!!

Last win was 8 Nov SWPL - Newquay 5 v 3 Elburton Villa

Thought the ref was shocking today, the linesman on the terrace side was just as bad. However, despite this Newquay fought through to get the win they deserved. You know it's been a good result when a lady of senior years runs on the pitch waving her scarf at the final whistle, just glad she didn't streak.

The assistant referees swapped at half time. I presume you mean the one in the second half who flagged for an offside that wasn't.

There was outrage when it was discovered he had a Devon FA badge on and that most hated 'c-word' - cheat was muttered. The other assistant I presume had a Cornwall FA badge on....

Watched the Penryn vs St Dennis game. Daylight robbery by St Dennis, should have lost by double figures if Penryn had their shooting boots on, well over twenty shots from the home team, with only four from the visitors, but goals count and they win.

Well over 70% possession by Penryn, but could not find the target, St Dennis lucky to have their number 9, decent player who without him would be very average. Well done however.

Bad point of the day was the St Dennis goalkeeper, got himself booked for mouthing off, had continual hissy fits kicking the goalposts, and made obscene gestures to the home supporters, dear oh dear, needs to chill, totally over the top and should consider whether he should remain in football with that attitude.

The comments he made to the Penryn assistant when leaving the pitch were an absolute disgrace, wash your mouth out with soap boy. He should be made to write a letter of apology to the lino, and so should the club.

I hope in his lifetime he or his children are not likewise afflicted and have to listen to that shame -full dribble.

mousehole 1.1 helston great game of football today both teams playing really good stuff end to end 0.0 at half time helston scored with about 20 to go through a tapin from mark goldsworthy set up by andy westgarth mousehole equalised with about a couple of minutes to go through an header from billy curtis a draw a fair result. a mention must also go to the ref goerge pattison who had an excellent game and also had a little laugh at himself wearing the biggest watch he could find after last weeks fiasco of only playing 35 mins in the senior cup wellldone mate merry xmas to all.

Watched the Penryn vs St Dennis game. Daylight robbery by St Dennis, should have lost by double figures if Penryn had their shooting boots on, well over twenty shots from the home team, with only four from the visitors, but goals count and they win.

Well over 70% possession by Penryn, but could not find the target, St Dennis lucky to have their number 9, decent player who without him would be very average. Well done however.

Bad point of the day was the St Dennis goalkeeper, got himself booked for mouthing off, had continual hissy fits kicking the goalposts, and made obscene gestures to the home supporters, dear oh dear, needs to chill, totally over the top and should consider whether he should remain in football with that attitude.

The comments he made to the Penryn assistant when leaving the pitch were an absolute disgrace, wash your mouth out with soap boy. He should be made to write a letter of apology to the lino, and so should the club.

I hope in his lifetime he or his children are not likewise afflicted and have to listen to that shame -full dribble.

Your right mate, Penryn totally deserved 3 points, we turned up with 4 players missing, 2 who started were carrying injuries and wouldn't have played if we weren't short, and a few hangovers as a few players were out on the Xmas parties the night before. Lol. So was a great win for us considering.

As for number 9, that is myself, and hate playing centre mid, lol We battled, we worked hard for the win and defended tremendously, but when ur doing well luck seems to favour you, our goal keeper was outstanding yesterday, and somewhat frustrated with a lot of dicisions, as were Penryn. Especially the 8 mins stoppage time he played. I don't think he was as bad as your saying as a lot of that was also going on on the pitch not just from our goal keeper, so don't create a issue when there really isn't 1, it's football at the end of the day and players do get wound up. End of.

Good luck to Penryn they will defiantly be up by the top.

Certainly agree with your summing up, battled, and defended heroically so came away with a result, that's football, and life.

I do not agree that because its football you can behave in any fashion that suits you.

The keeper made some superb saves, of that there's no doubt. However, his silly gestures and tantrums were bordering on the ridiculous. What is not acceptable were his highly personal comments to the lino leaving the pitch, and if you do not know what was said....then ask him. He should be highly embarrassed by what he said, and an apology should be forthcoming, If, and that's a big if.....he's man enough. As I said, I hope that in his family and life, that he never has face such perverted comments....not nice.

I'm making no issue of it, just registering my disappointment that some-one could say such a thing. Ask him, and be dismayed as I am.

Certainly if sky sports had caught the comments, then I doubt he'd have a club to play for. If he is man enough to apologise, the lino is called Tom, we'll see.

Bretts from biscovey that's the norm down there so it is wot it is I'm afraid.

Mr tribute, it was an analogy (8 pints) look it up. I have not slagged him off, look it up as well, I have commented on what he said..... We'll see if an apology is forthcoming. I won't be holding my breath, as you say, I am an old man who has watched football for 50 years plus, and have never heard such shameful comments in all that time.

Watched footy for 50 plus yrs, unless you enlighten us on what he said , will not know wether you've been lucky and only attended nice games ;-). But raise the issues at the time with the manager or club officials . Brett is from a very religious family , well his dad goes church every Sunday .

Very, very funny, you are to smart for me again, bet you have a remark for everything and use it over and over again for all situations you have no answer for. (impressed)

If you wish to know what he said....ask him, then tell me you agree, or come up with one of your worn out clichés

I may yet take your advice.

For anyone who is interested in the times of goals in games, the Indy isn't always the best place to find out.

Newquay 3-2 Ivybridge Town

1-0 Indy time 15m - actual time 4m :SM_carton:

1-1 Indy time 25m - actual time 14m :SM_carton:

1-2 Indy time 60m - actual time 46m :SM_carton:

2-2 Indy time 90+1m - actual time 90+3 :SM_carton_y:

3-2 Indy time 90+6m - actual time 90+6 :yahoo:

The older... where were you stood for the game? Obviously you didnt hear the Penryn management using foul and abusive language then? i spoke to the lino after the gamed and he didnt even mention the keeper, only how good he was throughout the game. If there was an issue surely he would have raised it during that conversation. Think if you watch any game of football when the 10 people in front of the keeper do not do what they are supposed to then any keeper goes mental at his team to get there heads on it properly. All keepers have a screw loose.

I do not know if the referee heard it or not, but I will ask him. The fact of the matter is that such a discriminatory remark has no place in society let alone football, said out on the street, it would result in a court appearance.

I do not fuss over many things, and certainly I'm far from politically correct, but to say what was said is out of order. The person on the receiving end is rightly upset about it, I have not spoken to his parents yet, but I will.

I would imagine that a few now know what was said, and are quiet, rightly so. A very good friend of mine once uttered a similar utterance to some-one who could do nothing about his condition, I do not have much to do with him anymore...lets put it that way.

We'll see if an apology is forthcoming, its certainly due, and I will leave it at that.

Ah hah, another surfaces with a poor excuse for a disgraceful comment.....well thought out Mr Grouse.

He's from Biscovey....oh well....that's alright then.

I hope you and any member of your family never have to meet to many people from Biscovey then.

He's my sisters brother from another mother so I've had his silly nonsense most of his life as I'm older than him but he was raised 2 b better than that n no doubt mother will b cross wen she hears that his potty mouth has upset a gentleman at football again