Cornwall Football Forum

FRIDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL - AFC ST AUSTELL v PLYMOUTH PARKWAY - FRI 19TH DECEMBER 7.30pm KO - CSWPL PREMIER LEAGUE

This fixture should attract a bumper crowd, hopefully 250 plus. It should be cracker between two of the League's best teams. Parkway completed a double over the Lillywhites last season so it would be great if the boys can continue their winning run of 18 games by gaining some revenge. To all those who attend the match, have an enjoyable evening and a Merry Christmas to all our Forum followers.

Should be a bigger gate on Boxing Day v St Blazey, weather permitting.

Bigger to beat current Premier highest this season of 377 - Parkway v Bodmin?

A 11 am kick off would encourage a good turn out. Weather forecast is good, much better than the last few seasons when the game has had to be postponed. This resulted in a smsller gate later in the season, so hopefully all goes well on Boxing Day and the local derby has a worthy attendance.

This could be the first match played on boxing day in 3 years. The previous 2 boxing day matches called off because with St Blazeys pitch under water and last season St Austells pitch frozen.

Cant see St Blazey getting much. St Austell getting things right on and off the pitch and with plenty of money to bring in the best players, anything below a 5v0 thumping for St Blazey will be a bonus.

I have a feeling Plymouth Parkway will beat the "big money spenders" on their "own turf".

You wanna be careful sharing your feelings ontheball2014......you're clearly getting the wrong feeling ;)

I Hope you attended the game tonight though, as your admission fee will come in handy for the big spenders as you put it.

Have yourself a cracking Xmas and I hope your feelings serve you better in 2015 than in 2014.

Dave's right - it certainly was a scrap last night. St.Austell far from their best and Parkway very much up for it and the better side for most of the first half. However the difference this season is that St.Austell have managed to get wins when not at their best - 19 on the trot now - when was the last time (if ever) that St.Austell got to Christmas having a 100% home record? (which I think is the case).

Anyway, hard fixtures to come against Blazey and then Bodmin so got to try and keep the momentum going.

Hello pugwash, just grown a pair ??? I was there and all I heard was a response to your management team abusing the ref , his assistants and players from both sides . In my honest opinion parkway deserved something from the game , if you had some thing to say why leave it to now , the game was Friday?? Heard kracky signed for Truro now pway out of the running?

Well the Blazey fans and team and management are up for an ear bashing. The Snozzle faithful were discusting Friday. Im no Parkway fan , but grow up boys. What a horrible place to visit. St Austell fc you need to sort these idiots out.

Hi Pugwash, speaking to few Parkway fans in the club house after the game they enjoyed the banter with the St Austell fans!!!

Being the Director of Football I would like you to PM me and I will give you my mobile number / email address so we can discuss your concerns about our fans and what makes it such a horrible place to visit.

Many thanks

Lea Cooper

Hello pugwash, just grown a pair ??? I was there and all I heard was a response to your management team abusing the ref , his assistants and players from both sides . In my honest opinion parkway deserved something from the game , if you had some thing to say why leave it to now , the game was Friday?? Heard kracky signed for Truro now pway out of the running

Was there on Friday night, but have only just got to my computer after being away all weekend. There wasn't a lot to choose between the two sides in the first half, but felt that Parkway should have added a second to Chris Wright's well taken goal with the same player and Andrew Neal spurning chances when Parkway were in the ascendency. The sending off for Paul Heveran just before half time was probably the turning point. Sorry Paul as I know you read this, but it was a stupid tackle in a "nothing position" that got you your second yellow. There was no need to leap in like that on the half way line, but equally, the reaction after the challenge was poor from the home players and officials. And it did look like a guy in t-shirt and jeans (not sure if he was anything to do with the club or not) was trying to get into the changing room after Paul Heveran, and certainly harangued him all the way there.

It was the worst possibly start to the second half with a screamer from Neil Slateford past Josh Colwill to equalise, and it went from Parkway thinking they could get a victory to merely hanging on. The pressure told after a while with Parkway unable to break out, and with the amount of chances being created it was inevitable that one would eventually be taken, with Slateford again finding the net.

Well played to St Austell, if champions play below themselves and win, then the title is probably headed to Poltair Park. Not one of my favourite places to visit though, I know that some of the regulars at Bolitho Park can produce some language that is not fit for juvenile consumption, but some of the abuse I heard on Friday night (especially from the raised standing section where the drinkers were) went from beyond banter to personal abuse.It is great to see St Austell becoming strong again after the sorry state the club was in not that many years ago, but this is something that they need to be careful about. They don't want to head towards the "no one likes us, but we don't care" territory that Truro used to revell in.

Hello pugwash, just grown a pair ??? I was there and all I heard was a response to your management team abusing the ref , his assistants and players from both sides . In my honest opinion parkway deserved something from the game , if you had some thing to say why leave it to now , the game was Friday?? Heard kracky signed for Truro now pway out of the running

my management team ? I was a neutral on the night. I thought Snozzle were the better team and no problem with them winning the league. You can not tell me you did not hear the abuse.

Well the Blazey fans and team and management are up for an ear bashing. The Snozzle faithful were discusting Friday. Im no Parkway fan , but grow up boys. What a horrible place to visit. St Austell fc you need to sort these idiots out.

Hi Pugwash, speaking to few Parkway fans in the club house after the game they enjoyed the banter with the St Austell fans!!!

Being the Director of Football I would like you to PM me and I will give you my mobile number / email address so we can discuss your concerns about our fans and what makes it such a horrible place to visit.

Many thanks

Lea Cooper Lea , I also enjoyed the game. You surely can not say you did not hear the abuse.