Cornwall Football Forum

Cornwall Senior Cup 3rd Round draw

St Blazey v St Dennis is mouth watering for us, as St Austell have also been drawn home, be nice if St Blazey could try and arrange the game for the Friday night. Better crowd, and again we will bring a bus load

St. Austell are away in darkest Kent, playing in the Vase on January 17th. Which is why they play their Senior Cup tie at home against Hayle the previous week, so Saterday at Blaise Park should be fine. Something of a home tie for some of you guys Mr. Ricks9!

St Blazey v St Dennis is mouth watering for us, as St Austell have also been drawn home, be nice if St Blazey could try and arrange the game for the Friday night. Better crowd, and again we will bring a bus load

St. Austell are away in darkest Kent, playing in the Vase on January 17th. Which is why they play their Senior Cup tie at home against Hayle the previous week, so Saterday at Blaise Park should be fine. Something of a home tie for some of you guys Mr. Ricks9! Aww ok, that's good then :-) should be a decent crowd, home tie for a couple of us yea bud ? haha

Think wendron v Helston will be an equally big tie as a local derby

As will St.Blazey v St.Dennis.

If we're looking at the league to determine what the 'tie of the round' will be, then why not Saltash v Launceston?

There are certainly a good couple of fixtures that I would class as 'tie of the round' ahead of Bodmin v Godolphin

As derek has commented, look at their league positions thats why its tie of the round!

Yes... I'm looking at league position...

Why does 3rd against 7th make for 'tie of the round' ahead of 2nd against 8th?

Surely local derbys, and lower league teams against higher league opposition make for better and more exciting/interesting ties!?

As derek has commented, look at their league positions thats why its tie of the round!

Yes... I'm looking at league position...

Why does 3rd against 7th make for 'tie of the round' ahead of 2nd against 8th?

Surely local derbys, and lower league teams against higher league opposition make for better and more exciting/interesting ties!?

The Senior Cup is a Cornish Club Cup competition. Bodmin are Currently the 2nd highest place club in the whole of Cornwall and Godolphin are the 4th highest place club in the whole of Cornwall. On that basis I agree with "Leeds" that the fixture is the tie of the round although you could argue a case for Saltash v Launceston. There are certainly a few other cracking ties in the draw too including St Blazey v St Dennis and Wendron v Helston. Bodmin have an outstanding recent history in the competition but don't be surprised if the G dump them out.