Cornwall Football Forum

Combo Results and Table - Sat 15th Nov 2014

Post your results, scorers and attendances on this thread please or text me on 07597907549 with any details, thanks.

Cornwall Combination League

Saturday 15th November 2014

Falmouth Town Reserves (Dominic Pullen 2, Dan Evans) 3-0 Porthleven Reserves
Att - 27
Illogan RBL Reserves (Matt Roberts, Dan Richards, Simon Carter) 3-0 Ludgvan
Att - 50
Mullion (Alan Thomas 2) 2-1 St Just (Jack Willis)
Att - 40
Penryn Athletic Reserves (Ross Symonds, Will Harding) 2-0 Hayle
Att - 45
Redruth United (Shane Richards 2, Tom Hogarth 2, Ben Beesley, Jake Williams, Joe Crossman, Morow Sanneh) 8-1 Troon (Andy Osborne)
Att - 35
St Agnes (Thadeus Vingoe) 1-0 Perranwell
Att - 45
St Day (Chris Tolley, Ashley Smeeth, Brendan Hitchens) 3-1 Newquay Reserves (Sean Lambert)
Att - 35
St Ives Town (Chris Goodall, Curtis Richards, Elliot Fox) 3-0 Goonhavern Athletic

Att - 25
Wendron United (Luke Wort 3, Jason Roberts 2, Mike O'Neil 2, Justin Miles, Harry Evans, Craig Owens) 10-1 RNAS Culdrose (Jamie Clarke)

Att - 40

POS TEAM PL W D L F A GD PTS

1 MULLION 17 13 1 3 50 15 35 40
2 LUDGVAN 18 11 4 3 71 24 47 37
3 WENDRON 15 12 0 3 66 17 49 36
4 ST AGNES 16 12 0 4 43 22 21 36
5 HELSTON 18 11 0 7 53 26 27 33
6 FALMOUTH 17 10 3 4 39 22 17 33
7 REDRUTH 15 10 1 4 53 19 34 31
8 ST JUST 18 10 3 5 47 32 15 30*
9 ST DAY 17 9 2 6 52 35 17 29
10 ILLOGAN 17 9 2 6 37 25 12 29
11 ST IVES 16 8 1 7 27 34 -7 25
12 PENRYN 19 6 3 10 29 51 -22 21
13 PERRANWELL 17 6 1 10 26 35 -9 19
14 HAYLE 17 6 0 11 23 42 -19 18
15 GOONHAVERN 18 5 2 11 27 48 -21 17
16 NEWQUAY 19 4 3 12 27 52 -25 15
17 CULDROSE 9 2 1 6 15 35 -20 7
18 PORTHLEVEN 19 2 1 16 14 67 -53 7
19 TROON 18 0 0 18 14 112 -98 0
* Points adjusted

St Day 3 - 1 Newquay (H/T 2-0) Attendance: 45 (approx)

Today was a first trip this season to St Day where the backroom team should take credit for the pitch looking in great condition considering the rain that has fallen recently.

The home side were dominant throughout and their pressure paid off after 19 minutes when a high ball into the six yard box was headed in from close range with the keeper left standing waiting for the ball to come to him – if he had jumped he might have reached it before the attacker.

Ten minutes later a push in the back resulted in a penalty which was confidently placed in the corner of the net giving the keeper no chance.

The excitement of the second half was reserved for the start and finish only. With the seconds still in double figures, the Peppermints reduced the arrears from the spot with a well taken penalty.

Referee Andy McKnight spared the keeper’s blushes when a perfectly hit free kick ended up in the net with the custodian watching it in but as it was an indirect free kick that no one else touched, the goal was disallowed.

When the cold, autumn sun shone over Vogue Park the brighness forced the keeper to don a fetching pink cap, something I’d not seen before but whilst wearing it he dealt with everything the Saints threw at him. The sun disappeared and the rain came and the cap had been discarded when St Day scored a third goal in the 89th minute.

Overall I think the score was a fair reflection on the game.

Credit to the referee who must be one of the tallest officiating in Cornwall. He dealt with everything in a confident manner as well as giving praise to the players. If only they could reciprocate instead of bemoaning the fact that he didn’t give decisions they felt they deserved.

A note to the two subs who ran the line for Newquay, keep the flag up when a player is offside, until the referee is indicates either way. Also, in the second half, the whole ball has to be over the line for a goal kick/corner.

Illogan good value for their win in front of about 50 spectators, due in part to Holmans Reserves players whose game was off, plus Ludgvan's large (for Combo) following. I felt for the ref: one of the worst displays I've seen but then without him there would have been no game at all. The Ludgvan bench weren't happy, but no need for the "c" word which saw one of them sent away. I heard it, the ref was right on that one; but he gave - or didn't give - decisions against both sides. Illogan looked like a side who knew what they were up against and played out of their skins, Ludgvan looked like they'd turned up for the three points. A cracking game for the neutral, feisty, competitive in the second half especially, and worth more than the entry money!

Illogan good value for their win in front of about 50 spectators, due in part to Holmans Reserves players whose game was off, plus Ludgvan's large (for Combo) following. I felt for the ref: one of the worst displays I've seen but then without him there would have been no game at all. The Ludgvan bench weren't happy, but no need for the "c" word which saw one of them sent away. I heard it, the ref was right on that one; but he gave - or didn't give - decisions against both sides. Illogan looked like a side who knew what they were up against and played out of their skins, Ludgvan looked like they'd turned up for the three points. A cracking game for the neutral, feisty, competitive in the second half especially, and worth more than the entry money!

Fair report .. We new we needed to be up for it. Great performance from every single Illogan player. Work rate and displyn.

Fair report .. We new we needed to be up for it. Great performance from every single Illogan player. Work rate and displyn.

Ludgvan have probably some of the best individuals in the league without doubt so we were setup to be as organised as possible and not give them any chances to punish us, thought our back 4 (plus Leigh in goal) were superb and all our goals were good footballing moves and well worked so all went as planned! The 1st and 3rd team won as well so good club day all round.

Penryn2-0 hayle 2-0 half time this game was won on penryns first half performance to great crosses into the box and runners tucking the ball away , hayle had a couple of free kicks which were well saved , in the first period both sides kept the ball down and tried to play football , Hayles main problem was from set pieces and the keepers kicks we played the ball to long and the stocky centre half had his easiest 45 mins as he cleaned up everything , second half we threw everything at them but could not break them down with some wayward finishing and good defending a very enjoyable game and the pitch as always was fantastic the ref Pete had a good game as you did not know he was there as he tried to play advantage and a word in the players ear before things got out of hand ,, pernryn like hayle have a young side and they both compete and play football on the deck with pace , a great afternoons football , pity about the result but you have to take your chances , a mention to Scott Hayles keeper who had a good game hope your ankle is so ok after a brave double save in the second half ,