Cornwall Football Forum

ECPL FIXTURES Saturday 15th November

Fred Binks Premier Division Cup Second Round

Bere Alston United v Launceston (Postponed)

Roy Radford Division One Cup First Round

Roche v Lanreath (Postponed)

Premier Division

Callington Town v Fowey United (Postponed)
Edgcumbe 4 Tavistock 2
Liskeard Athletic 2 St Dominick 2
Plymstock United 2 Torpoint Athletic 8
Polperro 2 Elburton Villa 1
Saltash United 3 Morwenstow 2

Division One

Holsworthy v Bodmin Town (Postponed)
Mevagissey 1 St Stephens Borough 3
Pensilva 3 St Blazey 3
Probus 1 Bude Town 1
St Austell 3 Nanpean Rovers 0

Any games in doubt ?

see below :yahoo:

Fred Binks Premier Division Cup Second Round

Bere Alston United v Launceston

Roy Radford Division One Cup First Round

Roche v Lanreath

Premier Division

Callington Town v Fowey United

Edgcumbe v Tavistock

Liskeard Athletic v St Dominick

Plymstock United v Torpoint Athletic

Polperro v Elburton Villa

Saltash United v Morwenstow

Division One

Holsworthy v Bodmin Town

Mevagissey v St Stephens Borough

Pensilva v St Blazey

Probus v Bude Town

St Austell v Nanpean Rovers

Relatively comfortable win for Polperro AFC, Elburton Villa seemed more interested on berating the Referee than playing football and come off 2nd best. Polperro running out winners and overall deserved the 3 points across the 90 mins which anyone who watched watched could not of argued with.

Right result at probus an outstanding goalkeeping performance kept us in the game and could of gone either way.

The division 1 is really hotting up with teams dropping points around the top a good run of form can see anyone up there.

I must say great hosts at probus even chucking in a jug of beer. Thanks

Tom

Bude town

Elburton will go no where this year. Granted they have got off to a good start but it won't last. One of the most ill disciplined sides I've seen in a very long time. It's a real shame for any local youngsters In the area wanting to join their Side and learn the game as they are being shown a terrible example of how to conduct yourself. Not the way to be successful I'm afraid

It makes you think what are the committee doing at Elburton. Their first team are in real danger of being relegated but perhaps the biggest embarrassment Is the second teams 'management', the abuse they throw at the officials and opponents is embarrassing to a point where they just look sad and pathetic. It's obvious by a lot of posts they are a highly disliked team, and it's sad because they have a great history and great facilities. But the ECPL side especially are being run by clowns, and letting their players and club down. What a shame as they must have some decent players, they've done the double over Edgcumbe and beat Torpoint. Hope the committee see sense by the end of the season and replace them with coaches more interested in winning in a fair and competitive manner, not an abusive and embarassing one.

I've been saying it for ages now. The ECPL team are an embarrassment to football and more so Elburton Villa. How the manager and assistant get away with the stuff they shout and the abuse they give referee's is beyond me. Everyone wants to win but not the way they go about it. Disgusting at times

I've been about a bit and I'm no stranger to bad language, but I watched them yesterday and the above posters are bang on the nail

They need to take a step back, calm down and start enjoying it

I've seen a lot worse teams than them but they seem to think they'll win games by naked aggression and shouting

Note to their manager - Calm down and then your players might

The reserve side were give a lifeline last season with the club backing down on throwing them out. What chances that next season there will not be an ECPL team. Could be that Elburton will have Plymouth Argyle under 18 team at Haye Road. Food for tho+ught.

Agree with all of the above, was at this game Saturday and was shocked at was being broadcasted from the away dugout towards players and officials. Thought the referee might have been a bit stronger with the away management as he was quite within his rights to send them both off. Dont have a lot of knowledge on the Elburton setup but wouldnt think the heirarchy at the club would have been to happy with the way their club were represented.

Polpero deserved win saturday v evfc resys; And in spite of previous posts a number of concerns have been over looked, starngely enough; the referee was hideous and probably the worst I have seen for many years, furthermore many DJM refs are superior, his decision making, positioning, and manner was unacceptable.

None of the evfc players booked yet polpero player constantly late challenges booked and swearing at the ref but managed to get away with that. On display for polpero a number of bullying players who harassed the ref at every opportunity.

Best player on pitch was the plopero skipper and should be playing higher level god knows why he would want to play on a horse grazing field every other week. Polpero facilities - not very good at all and could be argued should not be allowed in league. Great hospitality even wth burnt sausage rolls tho hahaha

Bushjumper you must have something up with elburton you have constantly barracked evfc on previous posts for some time did some one treat you badly or not quite made it there as a player or just a dislike for decent set up and team who have made and will continue to make improvements on last year.. Any one who want to take up complaint please feel free to take this up with Nick Pope our secretary who does a sterling job and along with ECPL league I would expect nothing less. Alternatively please post me for a chat if you would like just to get things off your chest.

The evfc manager did not swear at the ref and neither did the polpero manager, who was as frustrated as we were with the decisions the ref was making - the pen decision at the end was harsh and not one polpero player shouted for a pen since the keeper and player collided (hope he's ok) - and against the run of play Polpero snatched it at the closing stages since we battered polpero in the 2 nd half as polpero had done to us in the first.

Overall a tight game with chances both ends and as I said earlier plopero edged it with the 2 nd penalty. For the players a physical game without any late tackles or over the top animosity, Polpero will do well mid table and difficult team to beat on their pitch.

All the very best for the season

Wez,

I don't think what people have been saying is just about the way you behaved at Polperro, it's about the conduct of your team and more so your management since the start of the season. I don't know any of the people making comments so it's not just a group of mates who know each other 'ganging up', basically the collective message is get a grip and start playing and managing in a respectable manner, of course, whether you decide to do that or not is your perogative, but judging by the posts this season, no one has a problem with anyone else bar Elburton. If ECPL is correct, you were thrown a life line, one if you carry on how you are this season may not be there. As I said, it's a shame because you have a great set up just no respect. But even you had to start somewhere at Elburton, as the same with Polperro, whom if I'm correct were placed well above you last season, and you were the 'mid-table team'. Just be thankful other teams and officials are showing up to play you.

I was going to stay out of this drivel,but I feel compelled to defend my players and club. Wouldn't say Saturday's game was overly physical,Just two competitive and fairly evenly matched sides. I'll leave it to others to decide if my players are "bullies" or "swear" at referees; I think our disciplinary record will speak for itself,as will the marks awarded to us when referees visit our "cow field" and "poor facilities". In my eyes,far too much is made of the need for amazing facilities in what is barely above grass roots standard, when we should be focusing on the clubs who try to do things the right way,on and off the pitch. My captain is a shining example of a local lad,playing for his only club,where he's been for 15+ seasons,the first to arrive to mark the pitch and the last to leave. He's not alone in that respect,5 or 6 others have been with us a similar period of time and enjoy their football here. If any of them felt the desire to try higher I'd shake their hand and wish them well. While we can aspire to the great facilities that the like of Elburton,and others,can boast,for now we'll continue to be hard to beat on our "cow field",often on days when most other games are called off. If Elburton are in the ECPL next year,we'll continue to offer them the same welcome that we offer to every other club that visit us.

What a disrespectful post from Wez and one which sums that team up. Whenever I have played at Polperro they have been very good hosts and a club that make the most of what they have. Elburton could do with taking a leaf out of their book. But then again taking a leaf out of any other teams book would be an improvement on themselves.

I hope you read that back Wez and rightfully apologise to MattP and Polperro.

I wasn't at the game on Saturday but have watched Elburton 3/4 times this season and every time have disgusted me. I won't be watching them again

Definitely one of the best cow fields with poor facilities I have had the pleasure and honour to play on and manage a team on in the last few years, lots of fantastic memories there and a number of players still playing and running the club.

Some people have no idea what it takes to organise a kick around on a Saturday do they mate.

MQx

Well, well, well, what a charming offensive; It would appear there is some horse manure being thrown again; just to confirm I did not mention cow field that was other users comments not mine; To be fair it’s great to have people involved in a club both on and off the field. And as I mentioned earlier polpero were very hospitable, and Mattp, your players compliment the clubs efforts. We will look forward to your visit and please enjoy the win rather than the drivel you deserve it.

Bex it’s great to see how brave you are from your computer rather than discuss your concerns personally since you have watched us play 3 or 4 times and yet not a whisper in the management ear. For our benefit I sincerely hope you stop following us, it’s becoming obsessive and with such comments I think you have another agenda!!, end of.

Old fan, well named, I don’t think you really know about football as much as you like to think and as your name suggests a little out of the system with such a sweeping statement with ‘life line’ – just so you are aware a number of players have been promoted to first team squad, I won’t bore you with details but we have a number of players who have made the step up to both first team and reserves very well but this is not a surprise since many represent Devon and Cornwall U18. Our league position is no fluke players have worked tremendously hard in training and they have a more focussed positive approach this year, thanks to the terminator lol, and in all reality the league doesn't lie; I would also suggest you take on more games since the league have a number of very good officials, I think your comments are very disrespectful to both officials and teams who give everything every week, if you watched these you would know there isn't a lot between the teams from top to bottom and predominantly always close fought games, so in your words ‘get a grip’ old fan’ and stop creating a pile of cow manure from a skid mark, clean your act up, pot calling the kettle black comes to mind.

Agree with the above comments, we'd all like a pristine pitch with a massive clubhouse and changing rooms to follow but it isnt always possible and fair play to clubs like Polperro. Had a few tough games down in years gone past but always played in good spirit and always made welcome and looked after in the clubhouse after the game by all involved at the club. Few other clubs want to take a look at clubs like Polperro and be grateful for what they got.

You continue to make yourself and Elburton look like a fool. You need to read properly, "If ECPL is correct"... I stated what ECPL had said. Also 99% of the posts on this thread and this season don't slate the players, they slate the management, and the bottom half of your post literally makes no sense. Again, take some time reading, including what you write. Good luck to the players, they'll need it with the management in place.

Bex, Your an absolute plonker; both managers Saturday were exasperated at the referee's decisions, and I do not believe you were at the game; both managers stood outside of the dug outs, if you were there you would of known this; go away and take your frustrations out by playing with traffic your a joke.

Well this has been an enjoyable read. Like watching the Jeremy Kyle show!

If this behaviour happend on the field of play I would have cautioned everyone of you for being idiots!

People take football too seriously. At the end of the day you still go home to your 9 to 5 jobs. What is the point on slateing people/clubs on here because the facilities is not 5 star.

grow up people...

amen (just my opinion)