Cornwall Football Forum

Sunday Independent match reports.

For the past three weeks I would like to say how interesting it has been reading the JCCL match reports.

Although I dont see many games each match report keeps my attention with a knowledgeable and descriptive write up.

Keep up the good work Mark but I guess its quite a hectic couple of hours around tea time on Saturdays.

What do other members think of the new presentation?

Thanks very much Mike!! Much appreciated mate. Hectic is the word!! Spend from 5pm to 7.30pm chasing people on the phone trying to get the details in, then luckily the Mrs types 100 words a minute bailing me out while I dictate to her by the 8pm deadline!! Last night was the quickest, in by 7.52 Mike!! Then it's a quick slurp of tea and half hour tops to get the Trelawny column in!! So apologies for any mistakes!! (Not always my fault mind!) To be fair though I've always enjoyed the writing side of it, not really a ranter or raver and too soft to be a manager I think, so this is it for me and watching the boy and his mates play! Wouldn't mind the knee recovering just so I can get those 21 goals as well before I chuck the boots away Mike!!! All the best and thanks again for the feedback mate.

Thanks Kev, that's been the pleasurable side of it mate, catching up with all of you old friends, managers and players again. Good to talk to you yesterday although a bit rushed!! Thanks for the positives, makes it all worthwhile Kev. Not sure I'll make 50 years like Doug but I'll keep doing my best mate!?! Speak to you Sat bud!! :-)

Yes I spoke to a contact from Falmouth Town as I usually contact the home team first. I put a 120 word report in but it obviously didn't go to print. I don't know why..... I just submit the reports. Possibly lack of space? I could do with a reliable Illogan contact for the combo team if you know one please mate?

Thanks Perranwells number One!!! Must admit if everyone was like you Kempy it would be loads easier!! Answer the phone first time and then give a great report of the game with both teams goalscorers!! Thanks mate, speak to you Sat. Tell Court Treacle said hello bud!! :-)

Haha I know you're a busy man Blakey!!! To be honest mate I feel a bit guilty dragging people away from their pint after the game but must admit it's nice speaking to the managers so I can hear it from the horses mouth so to speak! Appreciate everyone's help so far, I'm using up my 500 minutes on the mobile these days!! Speak to you all Saturday.........hopefully? :-)