Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawny League column - Sunday Independent

Hi all,

commencing from Saturday 18th October (sorry away up Scotland until the 14th ) there will be a new Trelawny League column going in the next day's Sunday Independent. Im sure it will be similar to the Duchy League column that already exists in the paper and im delighted to do it to help promote the league as i know from playing in it that it is a really well run league and there are some fantastic clubs and great players around the west of the county. League secretary Mr Steve Carpenter has been a tremendous help as always and ive obviously got quite a few friends involved with clubs around the various divisions and i watch a few games so i can get quite a few reports, results, goalscorers etc. I want to be fair to everyone and not repetitive and want to give every club a mention over the coming weeks. It will be a bit manic to start with im sure as i try to organise myself to make the 7.30pm deadline to go to print (mrs wants me available to watch x factor!!) so i would be delighted to hear from anyone with a contribution big or small or just incidents, goalscorers, from their match that afternoon, not sure yet how many words are wanted but hopefully will get to fit a fair few games in the column across the 6 divisions. Look forward to hearing from you between 5pm - 7pm on a Saturday evening! All the best,

Rappo

Text or call: 07455987850 - 0172661771

' alt='' class='ipsImage' >

Don't know about a "column",,, after reading all the above comments, I think you will need a whole "page",,,lol,,,, wish you good luck, will be good to see the lower clubs get a mention.

Pure coincidence, but I'm sure Rappo won't mind me mentioning it on his thread .......

' alt='' class='ipsImage' >

Not at all Dave!!! Great to see it back mate! Would advise anyone who loves cornish footie to subscribe!! Thanks for all of that gents, really appreciate it, had quite a few texts as well so thats a great start! I would say the league is at least on a par with the Duchy league from what ive seen over the last couple of seasons so it deserves a bit of recognition! Wish i could start sooner but Celtic v Hamilton on the 5th and Scotland v Georgia on the 11th seemed too good to turn down along with a bit of highland fresh air!! Kind regards,

Rappo

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Just a quick reminder about the Trelawny League column going into the Sunday Independent starting this week. I will try and mention as many clubs and players as possible obviously regarding how many words needed and weekly space!?

If you could call between end of game to 7pm latest, or probably even better text result, highlights, goalscorers, i will do my best!!

Thanks again folks,

Rappo

07455987850 or 0172661771

Apologies to anyone who texted their result and scorers and didn't get a mention in the paper on Sunday. I'm also doing the combo league reports now and spent about 3 hours on the phone with that so rushed it a bit to make the deadline!! Hopefully when I get more organised with reliable contacts and organise myself I can devote more minutes to the Trelawny column! Keep the results coming, it's much appreciated gents.

Rappo