Cornwall Football Forum

Ha Ha Ha Ha.[You know what this is about].

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well done spurs for taking full advantage of us missing a handfull of key players.

although we completely dominated posession, we didnt look as dangerous due to spurs parking the bus and defending well in numbers...arsene and arsenal players take note of this.

having said that, the game could so easily have ended in a thumping for spurs...had gervinho taken that golden chance from 10yrds out...had the ref and lino had some common sense and realised that due to the trajectory of the ball and the angle of raffa van de fart there would be no way of controlling the ball without using his arm..would have seen the dutchman receive his second yellow...but arsenal have got to re-group and fast and im sure when vermaelen comes back and the slight hope of wilshere b4 the seasons end we should hopefully be there or there abouts.

no excuses...well done spurs

i do wonder if you will release a one-off watch this time around

Thanks for your congratulations.

As I predicted on here a while ago,the tide has turned in North London.

The Goons are now a selling Club,who will struggle this season.

Arsenal fan's excuses are weak.

If your goalkeeper,never made 3 world class saves with one on ones,against Parker,Bale + Adebayor,there was only one team that was going to get thumped.

Possesion,dont win games,you lot should know that by now.

For the first time in a number of years, I do fear a struggle for Arsenal this year to get into the top 4. They will turn things around, too much quality to finish down the league too far. They need a bit of luck, they need Liverpool and Spurs to dip in form, but it ain't gonna be easy!

In the league, two home games to come next, (Sunderland then Stoke), and we should be expecting 6 points. Then away at Chelsea, followed by West Brom (H), Norwich (A), Fulham (H), Wigan (A) and Everton (H). Apart from Chelsea, these are all "winnable" games for Arsenal.

But I fear......I fear......

Mangle...have faith...dont forget these new players are all yet to "gel" due to not having a full pre-season with each other..this is down to a number of reasons which were unacceptable at this level of football...but we have to deal with it and get on with it..thankfully there are still 111 points yet to earn...if we are still here in March then be afraid...but i still strongly believe we will still finish 4th.

well done spurs for taking full advantage of us missing a handfull of key players.

although we completely dominated posession, we didnt look as dangerous due to spurs parking the bus and defending well in numbers...arsene and arsenal players take note of this.

having said that, the game could so easily have ended in a thumping for spurs...had gervinho taken that golden chance from 10yrds out...had the ref and lino had some common sense and realised that due to the trajectory of the ball and the angle of raffa van de fart there would be no way of controlling the ball without using his arm..would have seen the dutchman receive his second yellow...but arsenal have got to re-group and fast and im sure when vermaelen comes back and the slight hope of wilshere b4 the seasons end we should hopefully be there or there abouts.

no excuses...well done spurs

i do wonder if you will release a one-off watch this time around

No excuses? Thats a paragraph of excuses!

In the league, two home games to come next, (Sunderland then Stoke), and we should be expecting 6 points. Then away at Chelsea, followed by West Brom (H), Norwich (A), Fulham (H), Wigan (A) and Everton (H). Apart from Chelsea, these are all "winnable" games for Arsenal.

Well.......so far so good (and Liverpool showing signs of form problems - all we want is Spurs to slip up now)......

Eight games played by Spurs so far this season.

Only 3 at home.

Q.P.R,Fulham,Aston Villa,W.B.A.Bolton,Stoke and Sunderland,are our next seven games.

Think you may have to wait for a slip up.

Well that's exactly where I hope a "slip-up" occurs. I am referring to the games where you would "expect" a decent result, and not getting one.

Too complex an idea to comprehend?

If Spurs are treading water.

The Goons are up to their neck in it.

Ancelotti next,my friend.

Actually, yeah i agree on the Ancelotti part. I think he will be in North London within a couple of years, one way or another.

All joking aside, im a big fan of the way spurs approach their games, i think RVDV and Bale are incredible players.

I actually think there is a good grittyness with Arsenal at the mo that Arteta has introduced and ive always thought RVP is a better player without Fabregas. I geniunely still believe Arsenal are the stronger force over a season, but Spurs are catching up.

• 4 weeks later...

Well.......so far so good (and Liverpool showing signs of form problems - all we want is Spurs to slip up now)......

Well, we've now despatched Sunderland, Stoke, Chelsea, West Brom and Norwich. Going well. With Fulham, Wigan and Everton next in line, keep the run going will be looking good towards Christmas, and the forthcoming match up with City.

A Villa win tonight would be nice too :)

I agree with somersetspur. I really thought Chelsea were in the box seat for 3rd, but boy are they making hard work for themselves. We've all caught them up and Spurs have overtaken them!! Long way to go of course, and the European adventures most teanms are involved in will influence things.

What's the Spurs opinion on qualifying for the next Europa League round? They are presently in 3rd in their group, and could go out, but that would only strengthen their chances in the Premier League. I for one want to see them do well in Europe (it's an English team after all).

As a Gooner, i think Harry is doing a fine job with the Spuds. The big battle is keeping VDV and Christian Bale fit in my eyes.

A real battle between Arsenal & Spurs for 3rd i geniunely feel.

I feel Chelsea will bottle it a few times more yet this season before getting their house in order and Liverpool are still shite in all honesty barring Suarez.

Yep, no doubt about it, i would swap places in the league with Spurs right now - but there is still a long way to go. I like the way the season is shaping up, apart from Man City. Shame they are breaking away at the top. And if they go out of Europe, its curtains for the rest of us in the league!!

I think it is about time Fergie start to get Man Ure entertaining people.

His boring tactics,and the 7th 1-0 victory of the season,suggests the Mancs are struggling.

The rest of the Premiership Big Boys,are turning in BIG performances with lots of goals.

Man City 5 Arsenal 4 Chelsea 3 and Spurs 3 .

What a disaster if Fergie dont get a result in the week.

Question then would be,can they finish in the top 4.

On current form.Answer is NO.

On current form? One defeat all season! Joint second best defence. Joint second best attack. You have a well eduacated point lets hope they pick up form and turn results around and start to ...er.....win more games....? A big performance is when you play poorly and still get the desired result. Spurs are on fire and playing some great football, how long will that last, how will the players cope when the inevitable "blip" comes?

The performances have been nothing more than efficient. After the derby mauling by City, which obviously takes some time to get over, thats what was needed, to steady the ship shall we say? Now, with some more players coming back to fitness, hopefully they will show signs of the form of August and September. Dont you be worrying your little spud about United, pretty sure the greatest manager of all time has things under control.

• 3 weeks later...

What a Christmas.

Who is slipping now.????????

SPURS WERE BRILLIANT LAST NIGHT.

68% possesion away from home.

WE ARE IN THE MIX FOR THE LEAGUE.

Like it or not.

Congratulations to the Goons on their great point at home to 10-men Wolves.

Think it is now a 2 horse race for 4th between the Goons and the Chelski Pensioners.

No doubt this post will be met with complete silence.

I LOVE IT.

Yid Army--------Yid Army--------Yid Army.

COYS.

:thumbsup::clapper::smiley20::thumbsup::clapper: :smiley20:

Good luck to the Spurs. If they do not make Champions League football next season they will want there backsides kicking. I was hoping for Liverpool to be in the mix but that is not going to happen, 4 points dropped against Wigan/Blackburn, plus 4 other Home drawn games, does not bold well for the rest of the season.

I do not care who wins the league as long it is not the red side of Manchester

You're right. Arsenal only have themselves to blame. After completely outplaying Fulham in the first half, one goal is not enough. We need someone who can stick the ball in the onion bag (apart from the RVP goal machine). The sending off was very soft, but as I say, that is not an excuse for not getting the result sewn up before then.

Spurs have just seen off WBA, another 3 points. We have essentially just reached halfway through the season. Things are still quite tight. 12 points between 1st and 5th. Arsenal will not win the league. Neither will Spurs. So top 4 is now the priority for the league season. Arsenal are 2 points outside a top 4 place. The last time Arsenal finished outside the top 4 was 95/96 when they finished 5th (on goal difference to Villa). So they know the "course and distance" well.

So, at the halfway mark, things are looking good for ManC and ManU, Spurs are playing well and have not really hit a downturn yet, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool are fighting for that 4th spot. I still think things will change....

This season is getting better and better.

Difficult place to go Craven Cottage.

Is it F---,not for the big clubs.

How did Spurs and Man U get on.

Man City drew at Fulham but beat Spurs 1 5 at WHL and Man U 1 6 at OT so i would say Craven Cottage must be a tough place to go. :clapper:

Premiership Current form - last 6 games

Team W D L F A GD Pts

1 Sunderland 4 1 1 11 6 +5 13

2 Man United 4 0 2 18 7 +11 12

3 Liverpool 3 2 1 7 5 +2 11

4 Tottenham 3 2 1 7 4 +3 11

5 Stoke 3 2 1 8 8 +0 11

6 Arsenal 3 1 2 6 5 +1 10

3 teams ahead of Spurs in the last 6 league games current form table. Can you handle that or.......?

Premiership Current form - last 6 games

Team W D L F A GD Pts

1 Sunderland 4 1 1 11 6 +5 13

2 Man United 4 0 2 18 7 +11 12

3 Liverpool 3 2 1 7 5 +2 11

4 Tottenham 3 2 1 7 4 +3 11

5 Stoke 3 2 1 8 8 +0 11

6 Arsenal 3 1 2 6 5 +1 10

3 teams ahead of Spurs in the last 6 league games current form table. Can you handle that or.......?

Dont really see the point of this post.

Just congratulating Newcastle,on their fine victory,which helped Spurs.

3rd place,3 pts behind 2nd place.

Everyone may say,we wont win the League.

One thing for sure,we are certainly giving it a massive go.

Mind you,Mr Mangle,you were always one for stats,to try and make things look better for you.

Sorry you didn't get the point. It was a good win for Newcastle. Not only a help for Spurs, but also Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal. Although I still think Man City will not need much help in winning the league this year.

Having reached halfway through the season, I took a quick look at the home and away fixtures the clubs (Arsenal and Spurs) have played. Interesting. Arsenal have already been to Man City, Man Utd, Spurs, Chelsea and Newcastle. We only got 4 points out of a possible 15! Spurs have only been to Man Utd and Newcastle, picking up 1 point out of a possible 6. Spurs still have to go to Man City, Chelsea and Arsenal, so definate possibility of dropping points there.

Can I say though that at this stage, I would still swap places with Spurs. They are, in my opinion, the most consistent team of the season so far. I think all other top teams have suffered "shock" results. Spurs have not. The 3 games they lost are Man City at home, Man Utd and Stoke both away. No shocks. I am beginning to think that they could get 3rd. I am convinced City will win, and Utd will be 2nd. But, we are only halfway there. Lots of time for loss of form and total Arsenal domination!! :)

Credit to Spurs who are grinding out those precious victories. Pleased for Harry, as much as i hate the nerds who have anything to do with Spurs.

Hopefully now, TH12/TH14 will give the club a lift and push us Goons upto where we rightfully and deservedly belong and thats in the top 3.

A nice couple of signings would be handy now - say a man in form such as Demba Ba, and a decent full back such as Baines.

Don't worry little chap, no need to feel so threatened.

Obviously you haven't heard of the "natural order of things" that they refer to, when discussing the Premiership. This involves a tussle between Arsenal and Manchester United - a couple of classy clubs. It just so happens that these 2 classy clubs do things the right way in the right manner.

Anyway, enough playing with ya, a Good result and a professional performance by a slick Spurs side last night - a good 3 points against Prem stalwards.

• 1 month later...

Ibrahimovich decided to play last night, that was probably the difference!! he's been a barrel of shite everytime I've seen him. Last night he was different class.

And also the difference is that Spurs went there and played their own way rather than worry about the opposition. Reason why Utd have been reasonably successful in the Champs League over the last 10 years also, they don't worry about the oppo.

Spurs then did get thumped by Real Madrid though in the following round.

Cant see why Arsenal had a problem at the San Siro tonight.

The mighty Spurs went there and won 12 month's ago,and knocked them OUT.

Whilst that is correct Mr SSS, exactly what did Spurs do in Europe this season? Not even qualify from a group containing PAOK Salonika (who?), Rubin Kazan (who?) and Shamrock Rovers (really?).